Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 14:02   #1066
BHPian

as for the door lock button, I know i can use the remote on the keychain to unlock it or manually do it, but i'm used to having to having a button near the power windows. I mean every single car that i've ever had or used has had this basic feature, but whatever, you can't always have everything you want right?

i'm nearing 4000 km, which means I need to do service soon (5k). I checked the manual and it said normal driving 15k oil change and severe driving is 5k oil change. I'm guessing I'm doing severe driving since 80% of the engine running is brutal stop and go traffic. the other day, i spent literally 35 minutes using nothing but 1st gear and the clutch (no gas) because thats how slow traffic was moving.

if i go for the 13.5k chevy promise, does that mean they'll replace anything in the 3 years, 45k time frame? i'm mainly worried about the clutch and if they'll replace that, that in itself is worth it i suppose. Considering i'm running about 1500 km a month, thats about an oil change every 3 months so i'm guessing I should save money with the chevy promise?
Old 15th June 2010, 16:44   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I got another type of offer from Chevy/dealer.

1 referrer buying Beat, 1 year free maintenance

2 referrers buying Beats, 2 year free maintenance

3 referrers buying Beats, 3 year free maintenance

Cheers!
Also, please refer a chevy beat buyer to me if he is willing to buy a used beat
Old 16th June 2010, 19:39   #1068
BHPian

Can anybody post some snaps of the Seat Cover you got it from the dealer or some other shops, along with the price details?

That will help others (including me ) to take some decision on the Seat Covers.
Old 17th June 2010, 08:49   #1069
BHPian

I got Autocop remote locking (GM Genuine Accessory) for Rs.2800 from dealer.

The easiest way to unlock all the door when you are inside is to just pull the hand brake up slightly. All the four door unlock. And once you press the clutch and move forward they automatically lock.
Old 17th June 2010, 11:09   #1070
Senior - BHPian

@ redlaw For me it is not working. I just pull the driver side unlock lever on the door and all the doors will unlock.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:26   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaw View Post
I got Autocop remote locking (GM Genuine Accessory) for Rs.2800 from dealer.

The easiest way to unlock all the door when you are inside is to just pull the hand brake up slightly. All the four door unlock. And once you press the clutch and move forward they automatically lock.
Is it the feature of the Remote Locking you have installed?
Old 17th June 2010, 15:08   #1072
BHPian

@nirubhai, in BEAT, when you pull the handbrake, the doors get unlocked (its a feature, though one might question it )
Old 18th June 2010, 08:51   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirubhai View Post
Is it the feature of the Remote Locking you have installed?
Yes. It is a feature in Autocop(3 button remote triangular shaped keychain with blue buttons). One of my friend have same model Hyundai Approved autocop for his santro.. and he also says it works that way.
Old 18th June 2010, 11:29   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaw View Post
Yes. It is a feature in Autocop(3 button remote triangular shaped keychain with blue buttons). One of my friend have same model Hyundai Approved autocop for his santro.. and he also says it works that way.
Oh! you mean the fact that the doors unlock when the handbrake is pulled is a feature of Autocop !? Didnt know that.

BTW, can you recommend any good accessories shop in Hyd (Minister road or around Begumpet?) for a Garware sunfilm installation?
Old 18th June 2010, 14:43   #1075
Senior - BHPian

My remote locking is GMKE 5170 with immobilizer from AutoCop. When ignition turned on all doors lock and when ignition is turned off all doors unlock. To open a door while ignition on, pull the lock lever of respective door or use driver side lever to unlock all doors.

Cheers!
Old 18th June 2010, 16:49   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Did an Anti-rust coating for Rs.1300+taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirubhai View Post
They charged me Rs.2700+taxes for anti rust coating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
its 1500 in gurgaon not sure if thts including or excluding taxes. 2700 is a lot.
The GM is offering 3 years or 100000 km (whichever is earlier) rust through warranty on Beat, so in my opinion one shoud not go for anti-rust coating at least for 3 years from date of purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Do you think this is worth going for? My showroom also told me about this, but I didn't go for it yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
has any beat owner gone for the maintainence package , is it a good option to opt for the package , what happens after 3 yrs .
If your running is going to be in excess of 35000 km for next 3 years (i.e. > 900 km/month) then I suppose you should go for maintenance package. According to me maintenance on Beat would be around 40 paise per km. So for 35000 km it would worth 35000 x .40 = Rs. 14000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
i'm nearing 4000 km, which means I need to do service soon (5k). I checked the manual and it said normal driving 15k oil change and severe driving is 5k oil change. I'm guessing I'm doing severe driving since 80% of the engine running is brutal stop and go traffic. the other day, i spent literally 35 minutes using nothing but 1st gear and the clutch (no gas) because thats how slow traffic was moving.

if i go for the 13.5k chevy promise, does that mean they'll replace anything in the 3 years, 45k time frame? i'm mainly worried about the clutch and if they'll replace that, that in itself is worth it i suppose. Considering i'm running about 1500 km a month, thats about an oil change every 3 months so i'm guessing I should save money with the chevy promise?
Yes your car running comes under severe driving condition and your annual mileage is around 18000 km, you must go for CPCOO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX Overdrive View Post
Not sure what they do on 1st service, but I guess it is actually a complete check up of the car, the pickup won't improve unless they tweak something on the engine or do the regular engine servicing, which I doubt.

My Beat had the same pickup even after the 1st service, it included car wash, control checks and a test drive by service engineer...thats it.
Quote:
Pickup not improved with my Beat too. But engine and gear box feels smooth, I can feel it. May be due to service or due to running 1000+ KMs. Who never knows?
Ist service is only a reassurance check up in which they check fluid levels, electric and manual functions and wash the car. As the kms build up car gets running-in and the car's engine, gear shifts become smooth.
Old 19th June 2010, 09:12   #1077

Folks,
I have been looking around for the USB converter to be used with my Beat. Went to Baba and few other shops in Pune, but did not find it. If any of you live in Pune and have got the converter can you please let me know where / how much do i get one for?

Thanks!
Old 19th June 2010, 14:05   #1078

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer View Post
Folks,
I have been looking around for the USB converter to be used with my Beat. Went to Baba and few other shops in Pune, but did not find it. If any of you live in Pune and have got the converter can you please let me know where / how much do i get one for?

Thanks!

Try ebay, the international store ... i got it from there and it cost me about Rs 50
Old 21st June 2010, 11:42   #1079
BHPian

Urgent Help

Hello Fellow Beat / Chevrolet owners. I booked a beat from Ashtavinayak Auto (Mumbai) on 12/6/10. Everything has gone smoothly - till now. The car is to go for registration tomorrow, and I have been given the chassis and engine numbers.

Today when I went to the dealership to give some final documents needed for registration, I found out about the chevrolet promise for 3 years. As you are well aware, for the Beat this is about 16,499. However the pricelist that I saw on the table had a special offer of 6,000 only for this offer. I immediately asked for this offer but was refused since 'I am an old booking whereas this one is for new bookings only.'

The pricelist says it is valid from 10th June onwards whereas my booking was done on the 12th. However the dealer is adamant. What should I do? It seems this offer is from the dealer and not Chevy as the website still shows the amount as 16,499. Please advice since they definitely wont give me this offer after delivery which I am planning to take in 2 days.
Old 21st June 2010, 12:16   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Hello Fellow Beat / Chevrolet owners. I booked a beat from Ashtavinayak Auto (Mumbai) on 12/6/10. Everything has gone smoothly - till now. The car is to go for registration tomorrow, and I have been given the chassis and engine numbers.

Today when I went to the dealership to give some final documents needed for registration, I found out about the chevrolet promise for 3 years. As you are well aware, for the Beat this is about 16,499. However the pricelist that I saw on the table had a special offer of 6,000 only for this offer. I immediately asked for this offer but was refused since 'I am an old booking whereas this one is for new bookings only.'

The pricelist says it is valid from 10th June onwards whereas my booking was done on the 12th. However the dealer is adamant. What should I do? It seems this offer is from the dealer and not Chevy as the website still shows the amount as 16,499. Please advice since they definitely wont give me this offer after delivery which I am planning to take in 2 days.
To the existing and new customers GM is offering CPCOO for Rs. 13499 till 30th June. I have confirmed from the local dealer that there is no such scheme for Rs. 6000. Please call Customer Care at 30308080 and get the things cleared.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks