Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 14:35   #1081
BHPian

Just talked to National Garage in Mumbai and they are offering it at 6k to new customers as well. My argument being that I do not own the car yet and am obviously a new customer but am still being made to loose out on.

For those who still doubt, check out the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Scan_Doc0006.pdf (881.5 KB, 1083 views)
Old 21st June 2010, 14:43   #1082

Hey guys. sorry about the late reply. Someone asked for pics of the mods i got done for the speakers in the front doors. Here are the pics of my ICE. Sorry bout the mess in th 3rd and 4th picture

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-29042010260.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-29042010261.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-29042010262.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-29042010263.jpg

Name:  29042010264.jpg
Views: 3443
Size:  24.7 KB
Old 21st June 2010, 16:40   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Do anybody have a complete price list of Beat's spare parts?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Old 21st June 2010, 17:07   #1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Just talked to National Garage in Mumbai and they are offering it at 6k to new customers as well. My argument being that I do not own the car yet and am obviously a new customer but am still being made to loose out on.

For those who still doubt, check out the attachment.
Nothing new about it, Some reason on the other you HAVE to haggle with the dealer !
Old 21st June 2010, 18:25   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Today when I went to the dealership to give some final documents needed for registration, I found out about the chevrolet promise for 3 years. As you are well aware, for the Beat this is about 16,499. However the pricelist that I saw on the table had a special offer of 6,000 only for this offer. I immediately asked for this offer but was refused since 'I am an old booking whereas this one is for new bookings only.'
It seems this offer is from the dealer and not Chevy as the website still shows the amount as 16,499. Please advice since they definitely wont give me this offer after delivery which I am planning to take in 2 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
To the existing and new customers GM is offering CPCOO for Rs. 13499 till 30th June. I have confirmed from the local dealer that there is no such scheme for Rs. 6000. Please call Customer Care at 30308080 and get the things cleared.
There are 2 "Chevrolet Promise" Offers from GM:

1) CPCOO - Cashless Ownership Offer:
This is 3 years/45000kms maintenance package, with exclusions like: Accident repairs, Accessories, Car care/ detailing products, Tyre & battery etc.. Check out the "* conditions apply" clause for the exclusions.
This can be availed by paying Rs. 13499/- as a onetime offer.
(CPCOO for Beat is not updated in the website, but you can see this in the referral offer page.)
Chevrolet India
Chevrolet Beat

2) CPCWC - Chevrolet's World-class Commitment:
If your total maintenance cost for 3 years exceeds Rs. 16499/-, you can claim a full refund of the difference.
All Beat owners are eligible for this without any extra cost.
So Beat owners can keep their service bills for 3 years. In case your pocket drains beyond Rs. 16499/- for servicing your vehicle, then you can approach GM for a redund.
Chevrolet India

The CPCOO for Rs.6000/- offer seems to be given by the dealer.
Old 21st June 2010, 19:55   #1086
BHPian

Awesome review by GTO, one of the best I have ever read !

Folks, I'm looking for a hatchback for my wife, something for her to use for short city drives and that's easy to park.

We already have a Fiesta 1.6S so this hatchback purchase will be only for city use, so don't intend to pick any of the larger hatchbacks since ease of parking is a key USP.

Took my wife for the A-star, WagonR and Beat test drive. She was bowled over by the beat, just loved it compared to the WR and the A*. I drove it too, the engine doesn't feel as peppy (but maybe that's cos I'm used to the pull of the Ford 1.6), but the engine is definitely good enough for only city use (what we intend to use the car for).
We intend to book the LT variant.

I was mainly unhappy with one thing, the puny 155/70R14 tyres. 165/65 R14 tyres (dependent on availability, gotta check the tyre manufacturers websites) would have been an ideal compromise between stability/FE in my opinion. I wonder what upgrading the tyres would do to the Chevrolet 3 year warranty though. I intend to write to Chevy and ask them if they'll still support warranty if I upgrade the tyres, it's one of my main points in deciding on buying the car.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:19   #1087
BHPian

@autoenthusiast - I don't think that should void your warranty. However, the best guys to confirm this would be your dealers.

And hey, welcome to the BEAT enthusiasts' club
Old 21st June 2010, 21:25   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
@autoenthusiast - I don't think that should void your warranty. However, the best guys to confirm this would be your dealers.
@autoenthusiast
Tyre upgrade will not void the warranty.
The warranty gets void only if you up-size the wheels.
Check out this thread for more discussion on Tyre upgrade for Beat:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-upgrades.html
Old 21st June 2010, 22:37   #1089

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
@autoenthusiast
whats the difference between 'up-size' & 'upgrade' in tyres ?
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:05   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post

I was mainly unhappy with one thing, the puny 155/70R14 tyres. 165/65 R14 tyres (dependent on availability, gotta check the tyre manufacturers websites) would have been an ideal compromise between stability/FE in my opinion. I wonder what upgrading the tyres would do to the Chevrolet 3 year warranty though. I intend to write to Chevy and ask them if they'll still support warranty if I upgrade the tyres, it's one of my main points in deciding on buying the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
@autoenthusiast
In Beat's Owner's Manual it is mentioned in the page no. 146 under the heading warranty limitations point no. (c) that "The warranty will cease to exist if any modification, alteration made to the vehicle such as including but not restricted to adding lights, changing specifications to increase horsepower, or using wide tyres, and or any other modification in the vehicle that may likely to have an effect on the performance of the vehicle". (e.g. defects caused by the installation of non homologated wheels and tyres are not covered by the warranty.)

autoenthusiast@ Please write to the GM or call Customer Care at 30308080 and get the things cleared. By the way I have driven my Beat for more than 2000 km in all sorts of roads and have no issues with the tyres. The car is quite stable if speeds are kept below 100 kmph. You are going to use it within the city so in my opinion tyre upgrade is not required.
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:57   #1091
BHPian

Thanks Salbin for clearing this up. Seems you have given some thought to this. I am interested in getting the CPCOO , does it make sense to get it? Whats the average cost of the service after the free services are over ? I guess since the car is too new this is hard to speculate but I am still interested in what Beat owners are thinking...
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:46   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kra9 View Post
whats the difference between 'up-size' & 'upgrade' in tyres ?
Up-size the wheels means changing to bigger wheels/rims.
In case of Beat, we can up-size to 15" wheels (even bigger?).

Upgrade Tyres means changing to wider tyres of the same wheel size, keeping the overall rolling dia ~same as the original tyre.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:14   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Salbin for clearing this up. Seems you have given some thought to this. I am interested in getting the CPCOO , does it make sense to get it? Whats the average cost of the service after the free services are over ? I guess since the car is too new this is hard to speculate but I am still interested in what Beat owners are thinking...
I have already worked it out. My average running is 10000 km/year and my car is driven in extreme operating conditions. As per Beat's Manual extreme operating conditions are given when at least one of the following occurs frequently:
1. Repeated short distance driving less than 10 km.
2. Extensive idling and/or slow-speed driving in stop-and-go traffic.
3. Driving on dusty roads.
4. Driving on hilly or mountanious terrain.
5. Towing a trailer
6. driving in heavy city traffic where the outside temperatures regularly reach 32 degree Celsius or higher.
7. driving as a taxi, police or delivery vehicle.
8. Frequent driving when outside temperature remains elow freezing.

Out of these operating conditions my driving includes (1), (2), (3), (4) & (6).

As per scheduled maintenance, for every 5000 km, regular service cost (as per prevailing market rate) would be as follows:
a) Engine Oil + Oil Filter Change - Rs. 1300
b) Wheel Balancing/Alignment and Tyre Rotation - Rs. 200
c) Air Cleaner Cleaning, Spark Plug Cleaning, Pollen Filter Cleaning, Inspection of fluid levels, Electricals, Braking System, Chasis & Underbody Bolts & Nuts and Thorogh Car Wash - Rs. 300
TOTAL - Rs. 1800.

Routine service would cost around Rs. 3600 for every 10000 km or 1 year.

As per Scheduled Maintenance for every 10000 km Pollen Filter and after 30000 km Spark Plugs, Fuel filter, Air Cleaner Element and Brake Fluid are to be changed. In addition Drive Shaft Boots may also require replacement. Altogether these will cost around Rs. 2000.

So Total Service Cost for 30000km/3years would be 3600 x 3 = 10800 + 2000 = Rs. 12800.

Last edited by Topolino : 22nd June 2010 at 14:18. Reason: Typo error
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:34   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Do anybody have a complete price list of Beat's spare parts?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
You can get the Accessories price list from the 38th page:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...review-38.html

and also in the below thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-pictures.html
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:38   #1095
vihang15

hi topolino ,

good calculation , my average run for a year is not going to cross 5000-6000 kms , as i use the beat only for domestic travel and monthly trip to my native place . so in your opinion should i opt for the COO or i am better off without the same .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks