Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 10:56   #1111
BHPian

Do the police complaint. I dont see why this reason of 'I will be fired' should be taken as a pretext of letting them get away with everything. Perhaps he could have thought about it before driving rashly? Also, take the insurance. If you are anything like me, you will just keep cursing each time you see the damage. Better to get it fixed when its something major. Minor scratches / dents are a way of life in India. Besides , major dents / scratches also may encourage rusting depending on the weather conditions.
Old 28th June 2010, 10:57   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
hi friends ,

the beat has got a deep cut to the left body above the headlamp and the tempo body also did a dent to the car .
vihang sorry to hear about the incidence. Rightly suggested by quadmaniac, go for the insurance and get the job done at Chevrolet's Authorised Service Centre.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:02   #1113
vihang15

@quadmaniac , takumi-san , topolino thank you for your advice i would discuss with the chevy authorized centre and try to get it done .

here are some pics of the damage. feels real bad , but its part and parcel of life .

my only worry is the moron tempo driver should not escape without punishment and i would try to push the police for the same .

@quadmaniac how much do you think would it cost to get the work done with insurance .
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-htc-july2010-016.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-htc-july2010-015.jpg  

Old 28th June 2010, 12:55   #1114
BHPian

The pics arent clear. Are those white patches on the bonnet some reflections or actual scratches?

In any case, it looks like your damage was lesser than mine. The major work would be de-denting the left metal piece above the wheel (not sure what you call that) and then painting. Painting each part is expensive because the paint the whole part and not just the affected areas.

Anyway, my best guess would be that you shouldn't have to spend more than 2-3k after claiming insurance (might be lesser than that).
Old 28th June 2010, 13:20   #1115
Senior - BHPian

@ vihang15

Can't make out the severeness of impact from the pics. If it is a fender bender, you can claim insurance and maximum you have to pay may be 1.2k or even less. If there is a torn bumper then add another 1.1k to it. The rates may go up 10 to 20% if the insurance is outside the dealer default insurance company.

Cheers!
Old 28th June 2010, 13:44   #1116
vihang15

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
The pics arent clear. Are those white patches on the bonnet some reflections or actual scratches?

In any case, it looks like your damage was lesser than mine. The major work would be de-denting the left metal piece above the wheel (not sure what you call that) and then painting. Painting each part is expensive because the paint the whole part and not just the affected areas.

Anyway, my best guess would be that you shouldn't have to spend more than 2-3k after claiming insurance (might be lesser than that).

it is only reflections , the pics were taken in the mornings hence the sun reflection .

i would take the car to the workshop tommorow . i spoke with them today and they would provide me the estimate once the surveyer surveys the car.

@myavu there is no damage to the bumper thankfully . the tempo did a extreme right due to which the rear end of it went through the front left body of the car . as you can see the stiaght line crossing till the headlights .

Old 28th June 2010, 13:47   #1117
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Am in the market for a small automatic - do you know whether Beat is going to be launched as AT / launch date ?
Old 28th June 2010, 14:41   #1118
BHPian

JishD - no news of an AT Beat yet. A diesel version is expected at the end of this year though. For automatics, I think i10 Auto is your best bet.

@Vihang: In that case your kharcha shouldn't exceed 1.5-2k
Old 28th June 2010, 21:28   #1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Do the police complaint. I dont see why this reason of 'I will be fired' should be taken as a pretext of letting them get away with everything. Perhaps he could have thought about it before driving rashly? Also, take the insurance. If you are anything like me, you will just keep cursing each time you see the damage. Better to get it fixed when its something major. Minor scratches / dents are a way of life in India. Besides , major dents / scratches also may encourage rusting depending on the weather conditions.
... moreover, if you were not in a car, but in a bike, you would surely have had a serious accident.

Rash drivers like these should not be on the road, and us doing nothing is all the more encouragement for these people.

The tempo driver must not go scot free ... you might be saving someone's life in the future ...
Old 29th June 2010, 12:40   #1120
BHPian

Guys got my LT (Red) 4 days ago. Havent had time for pics / review but will do so soon. However could you fellas please explain me how the 'auto' setting of the a.c. works? I set the temperature and switch on the fan and then hit auto?

My grudge is that somehow the auto thing switches to bringing in outside air from the recirculation mode. I absolutely hate that. My drive to office involves some very heavily trafficed areas of Mumbai and the 'fresh air' from outside is the last thing I need. Consequently I have not used the auto feature more than twice (same thing happened both times, I switched off auto and put to re-circulate mode). Please advice, I am sure I am missing something.
Old 29th June 2010, 13:05   #1121
BHPian

Takumi san, congrats!

Regarding the AC, I think the setting you have for air circulation is wrong. It should be "circulate air inside the car" and not "bring air from outside". You need to turn the air knob till the desired icon shows in the AC display.

After that, yes, set the temperature and hit Auto.

Maybe other Beat owners can give a better explanation. Waiting for your full review!
Old 29th June 2010, 13:35   #1122
Senior - BHPian

I am not very sure how it works in the Beat, but for all the other cars that I have driven this is what I did:

Switch it to Auto setting the temperature. Now click/turn the knob to the re-circulation button. This will take it off the full auto mode but your temperature maintaining continues.

I wonder why the default on all cars is to let the fresh air in! Most companies advise against it.
Old 29th June 2010, 21:50   #1123
BHPian

Beat Vs Figo & Polo

Hi all,

Just now noticed 2 more entries in the Chevy Beat site under Compare cars menu: Chevrolet Beat

Its with Ford Figo & VW Polo.. Checkout..

Beat Vs Figo:

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beatvsfigo.jpg

Beat Vs Polo:

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beatvspolo.jpg
Old 29th June 2010, 22:28   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
My grudge is that somehow the auto thing switches to bringing in outside air from the recirculation mode. I absolutely hate that. My drive to office involves some very heavily trafficed areas of Mumbai and the 'fresh air' from outside is the last thing I need. Consequently I have not used the auto feature more than twice (same thing happened both times, I switched off auto and put to re-circulate mode). Please advice, I am sure I am missing something.
sorry but there is hardly anything we can do about and I also hate it because the car gets filled with the stink in the outside air and not sure why chevy kept it that way. This should not have been happening as this renders the auto ac useless and thats the exact reason why i stopped using it but i still love the chill air its gives instantly. I wish they can reprogram the chip and get this changed.
Also congrats for your new car.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:51   #1125
BHPian

Hi fellas, thanks for the reply. Will be posting my thread in a day or so - make sure you read how a car with 100 kms on it 'breaks down'.

Most Viewed