Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 22:30   #1216
BHPian

@informmaha - Congrats and welcome to the Beat club. Linen Biege is a nice colour, i wished only if it could be slightly brighter, still a good choice! please do share if you have ICED up your beat or not.
Old 21st July 2010, 16:13   #1217
BHPian

Thanks Guyz

Thank you very much for your wishes Salbin, quad, kreative...Happy to be part of Beat Club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
@informmaha - Congrats and welcome to the Beat club. Linen Biege is a nice colour, i wished only if it could be slightly brighter, still a good choice! please do share if you have ICED up your beat or not.
The reason for me going for linen biege was its maintanance, even if you dont wipe it for a week or 2 you cannot make out the difference between the color and the dust, so opted for this . Checked with this in my office parking where a linen biege was parked for nearly a month, could find out the dust only in the windscreen and the window glasses, so finalised on this color.

Yes i have ICED up my Beat with a very basic system coz of its use for the next 3 years. The HU is Pioneer 2250 UB (in other post it says 3250 UB http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...park-iced.html ) with Bill and it costed me Rs.5200, Rear Pioneer basic Oval speakers Front 4" Pioneer speakers (Total Cost: Rs:1700) Wooden tray for rear speakers (Rs.300). But Pioneer speakers are horrible, a definite upgrade required and planned after sometime. I have only some pics as of now, will surely upload some more of it once i click, may be next month.

I drove around 500kms and it was a pleasure to drive. I took the NH45 and the climate absolutely was a gift for me, sometimes heavy rains, sometimes cloudy. It was a dream to drive in this NH. Touched 140KPH max ( everyone adviced me not to go beyond 80-90, but i have personally seen a new Zen of my friends with 120KPH when ECR was new and it didnt have any problems in mileage for 5 years, so had that in mind and tested mine). The stability of the vehicle was awesome, i didnt expect this vehicle to be stable at that speed cos of the ground clearance, but was blown over with the performance of the vehicle. I thoroughly enjoyed my drive. I could barely hear anything from the road with music on (I hope GM has done some good R&D on NVH in this vehicle).

Have to check for the mileage, with my approx calculation during that 500kms i could find it inbetween 17-18. But have to check it in city and may be after 1st service would be confirming on this.

I am trying to upload the pics again, i dont know what mistake i am making during uploading

Regards,
Rajan
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1673.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1676.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1675.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1697.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1698.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1677.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1680.jpg  

Old 21st July 2010, 16:40   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Thank you very much for your wishes Salbin, quad, kreative...Happy to be part of Beat Club.

The reason for me going for linen biege was its maintanance, even if you dont wipe it for a week or 2 you cannot make out the difference between the color and the dust, so opted for this . Checked with this in my office parking where a linen biege was parked for nearly a month, could find out the dust only in the windscreen and the window glasses, so finalised on this color.

Yes i have ICED up my Beat with a very basic system coz of its use for the next 3 years. The HU is Pioneer 2250 UB (in other post it says 3250 UB http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...park-iced.html ) with Bill and it costed me Rs.5200, Rear Pioneer basic Oval speakers Front 4" Pioneer speakers (Total Cost: Rs:1700) Wooden tray for rear speakers (Rs.300). But Pioneer speakers are horrible, a definite upgrade required and planned after sometime. I have only some pics as of now, will surely upload some more of it once i click, may be next month.

I drove around 500kms and it was a pleasure to drive. I took the NH45 and the climate absolutely was a gift for me, sometimes heavy rains, sometimes cloudy. It was a dream to drive in this NH. Touched 140KPH max ( everyone adviced me not to go beyond 80-90, but i have personally seen a new Zen of my friends with 120KPH when ECR was new and it didnt have any problems in mileage for 5 years, so had that in mind and tested mine). The stability of the vehicle was awesome, i didnt expect this vehicle to be stable at that speed cos of the ground clearance, but was blown over with the performance of the vehicle. I thoroughly enjoyed my drive. I could barely hear anything from the road with music on (I hope GM has done some good R&D on NVH in this vehicle).

Have to check for the mileage, with my approx calculation during that 500kms i could find it inbetween 17-18. But have to check it in city and may be after 1st service would be confirming on this.

I am trying to upload the pics again, i dont know what mistake i am making during uploading

Regards,
Rajan

Wise colour selection mate, this was the colour I was looking but I was trapped by the huge demand in February, and settled with a base variant. I’ve chosen that for 2 reasons. First, it was very difficult to get the other models at the time of booking due to the huge demand, I got a chance to get the car within 10 days if I opt for a base model as there were not much takers in the showroom. I have seen many are complaining here about the late delivery issues while I am getting a car off the showroom with every basic useful features like AC and power steering! Second, the price difference was very tempting and I fell on to the base variant, but once I saw the other models in the real flesh, I regret about my selection of the variant as I spoiled most of the VFM features like Power windows, LH side mirrors, split seat, night mode rear view mirror etc. just by opting the base model. But the first two options were noticed and ignored by myself as for me I didn’t felt that too much important to me. I used to drive with AC only so there will be less chances to roll down except I’ve pay on toll booths or so, and the LH rear view mirror never tried to make use of it, believe me, I never tried that option but I successfully replaced two times because of my carelessness.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dscn0105a.jpg

I’ve made another mistake by choosing a Caviar Black, yes, I am one of diehard fans of black beauties but I never own a black colour car or bike till date, so never knew that it’s very difficult to maintain its freshness. Moral: Black beauties require daily wash and attention than any other colour. My brother’s Golden Swift is lying in an open yard for days and even after that I don’t feel that it’s dusty at all. If you start washing, it will take almost 10-15 minutes to wash the car with my high pressure car wash but will take another 10 minutes to rub off the water marks from the body. Heck, I didn’t read the thread (A must for all new car buyers before choosing the colour) “For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean” by Rudra Sen to realize that my category had fallen under God can only help type. Thank you Rudra for such a wonderful thread on how to care your cars.
Old 21st July 2010, 16:58   #1219
BHPian

Congrats informmaha to the beat club!

@sajit - I too had a big issue regarding delivery when I booked for my LT. It did take two months but I managed to chase it up with the dealer than fall for his 'offers' on LS. In the end, I am happy and it was worth the wait!
Old 21st July 2010, 17:29   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post

@sajit - I too had a big issue regarding delivery when I booked for my LT. It did take two months but I managed to chase it up with the dealer than fall for his 'offers' on LS. In the end, I am happy and it was worth the wait!
I know the patience pays but I couldn't wait for that long.
Old 21st July 2010, 18:05   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post

thanks astonlobo and sajit..

I did like your initial ownership review, i saw all posts before going for this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I know the patience pays but I couldn't wait for that long.
Yes sajit, my personal preferece was black (black is always elegant), but i know the difficulties in maintaining it, so went for other colors than black..

Before buying this car, i felt the major feature difference according to me between LS & LT are the roof rails and tilt steering (other options can be done at a later time if req) so went for LS. But when i was driving this car i saw the same linen biege LT version on the opp side and felt, i shd have gone for it . But still i dont regret for getting an LS though. I didnt have problems of waiting times, it took 5 days for me to get my car..in that major time was for loan processing..

Regards,
Rajan.
Old 21st July 2010, 19:03   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
i felt the major feature difference according to me between LS & LT are the roof rails and tilt steering (other options can be done at a later time if req) so went for LS. But when i was driving this car i saw the same linen biege LT version on the opp side and felt, i shd have gone for it .
I've never tilted my steering :-) .. the default position suits fine for most. WRT the roof rails, you can simply add them from your GM dealer. Same with the spoiler. These 2 alone will give the LT look from outside.
Old 21st July 2010, 19:32   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before buying this car, i felt the major feature difference according to me between LS & LT are the roof rails and tilt steering (other options can be done at a later time if req) so went for LS.
Regards,
Rajan.
What about Automatic Climate control?
Old 21st July 2010, 19:43   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
What about Automatic Climate control?
Yeah Myavu,

I have an automatic climate control in myself, so did'nt mention that in my post

I used to drive a swift of my brother's before which had an auto climate control, i had hardly used it, so it did not attract me much.

Regards,
Rajan.
Old 21st July 2010, 19:45   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
I've never tilted my steering :-) .. the default position suits fine for most. WRT the roof rails, you can simply add them from your GM dealer. Same with the spoiler. These 2 alone will give the LT look from outside.
yes you are absolutely right quad . I am in the same lines as you are..
Old 21st July 2010, 20:59   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Same here. I too wanted the Base model for the same reason (Waiting time). But had to settle for LS. I am not sure if the upgrade is worth 20K.
What you get is
1) front power windows. 8K
2) Central locking without remote. 2K. (remote entry costs 4K only)
3) Left side mirrior 1500k?
4) d/n RVM 500?
5) Parcel tray 500.
So total is arnd 13K
Where is the remaining 7K?

Of course there is an advantage of factory fitted items.
Black is definately one of the best looking colours. But it has 2 problems.
1) Becomes dirty very easily.
2) Absorbs all the solar radiation.

Beige is definately the one needing least maintainance.

However for a funky design like beat my choice of colour is.
Mocroccon blue, Cocktail green and red.
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:39   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Same here. I too wanted the Base model for the same reason (Waiting time). But had to settle for LS. I am not sure if the upgrade is worth 20K.
What you get is
1) front power windows. 8K
2) Central locking without remote. 2K. (remote entry costs 4K only)
3) Left side mirrior 1500k?
4) d/n RVM 500?
5) Parcel tray 500.
So total is arnd 13K
Where is the remaining 7K?

Of course there is an advantage of factory fitted items.
Black is definately one of the best looking colours. But it has 2 problems.
1) Becomes dirty very easily.
2) Absorbs all the solar radiation.

Beige is definately the one needing least maintainance.

However for a funky design like beat my choice of colour is.
Mocroccon blue, Cocktail green and red.
Did you forgot the split seats, Digital Clock, Vanity Mirror and Height adjustable rear head rests? very marginal though

Very true with black, after one hour of washing and rubbing with cloth, it's a real beauty, but once you are on road, it becomes dull very fast with the dust. I've bought a pressure wash for cleaning and now it takes only 30 minutes with less water.

In Cochin key-less entry from GM itself cost only 3200/- and front power windows only 7000/- how come it varies from dealer to dealer? Does GM have no control over at least their OE prices? On the accessory sales these guys are really robbing their clients.

BTW, how much is the seat covers from GM? The stock fabric is not that good compared to Maruti and Hyundai. I am planning for one. Which is good to maintain? PU or normal upholstery type?

Last edited by sajjt : 22nd July 2010 at 10:45.
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:13   #1228
Senior - BHPian

@ sajjt. Congrats for your Blacky.

Last week dressed my Whity with PU - Dark Grey with White insert design from dealer Metro Chevy. Price was 3825/- (Inclusive of taxes).

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:22   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
@ sajjt. Congrats for your Blacky.

Last week dressed my Whity with PU - Dark Grey with White insert design from dealer Metro Chevy. Price was 3825/- (Inclusive of taxes).

Cheers!

Vinu
Thankyou Vinu for the update. Got Iced?
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:30   #1230
BHPian

@myavu, would appreciate pics of the new seats!

Most Viewed