Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:10   #1276
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Have you opted for cassless promise program, if yes, the touchup job would be done for free.
Sorry MutantX but as far as I know cashless promise does not cover any accidental expenses.
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:15   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I accept that fully, as per the logic and theory you guys are referring. But the fact at least in my case, the 1st gear has become sluggish but the 2nd gear has become peppier, I couldn’t feel much difference in the other gears. Salbin, are you coming to Cochin this week? So that you can TD my beat and feel what I said. Am about to get it done this week, but if you can make it I am ready to wait for one more week. Even the SVC guys had admitted that it’s not a good setting and asked me to bring the car for another remapping.
Has anyone noticed any awkward undulations in the car while you drive alone above 90 plus? First I thought it may be because of the road conditions, but later on I felt it another road too. I maintain the recommended 32 PSI on the stock rubber. I got 40 PSI at the time of delivery and didn’t notice this for a month.
I will be in Kerala for Onam - 1 week from 20th Aug. Will try to meet you if possible.
Last week I drove @ 140+kmph. It was stable but there were some small vibrations due to the wheel unbalance. So I told the service centre guy to do the wheel balancing. They told that I have to pay for the balancing weights. Since the wheels are alloys, the weights seems to be costlier than the regular ones
I used to maintain ~35PSI for all the tyres for improving FE.
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:42   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Sorry MutantX but as far as I know cashless promise does not cover any accidental expenses.
Joy, I know it doesnt. The damage isnt that big hence I am sure GM workshop wouldnt have a problem in giving a touchup. One of my friend had a brush with his brand new spark. He did have this cashless promise which came free along with the car, when he took it to the GM bodyshop, he was in for a surpirse! They did a touch up extremely professionally that he couldnt see the difference between the damanged surface and un-damanged one.

So give it a shot, I am sure GM would be more than happy for a free professional touchup.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:38   #1279
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Joy, I know it doesnt. The damage isnt that big hence I am sure GM workshop wouldnt have a problem in giving a touchup. One of my friend had a brush with his brand new spark. He did have this cashless promise which came free along with the car, when he took it to the GM bodyshop, he was in for a surpirse! They did a touch up extremely professionally that he couldnt see the difference between the damanged surface and un-damanged one.

So give it a shot, I am sure GM would be more than happy for a free professional touchup.
Thanks for the info. Good to know that GM is pulling its socks in India. Hope GM does the repair free.
Old 4th August 2010, 09:12   #1280
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Joy, I know it doesnt. The damage isnt that big hence I am sure GM workshop wouldnt have a problem in giving a touchup. One of my friend had a brush with his brand new spark. He did have this cashless promise which came free along with the car, when he took it to the GM bodyshop, he was in for a surpirse!
While I'm happy that you provided a clarification, your earlier post is misleading.

Note that your friend probably got a free touchup because of his relationship with the showroom (or the service advisor was in a good mood!). GM will NOT entertain free accidental repairs, just because you have the cashless ownership policy. Neither are they obligated to, nor should we expect the same. As is amply clear, the cashless ownership policy has only to do with scheduled maintenance (oil changes, services etc.).
Old 4th August 2010, 09:29   #1281
BHPian

Well GTO, my first post said "touch-up job" is free. Any damage beyond a small touch-up would'nt be entertained by any dealer service, be it Hyundai, Maruti or GM.

As for the second part, no dealer would do a "FREE" touchup if you don't have a good relationship with him. Talk to the dealer & workshop, request for a free touchup. I am sure they would be more than happy to help you.
Old 4th August 2010, 09:30   #1282

Folks,

When you look at the OEM deck in the beat it shows an iPod function on the Dot Matrix display, any idea how is this functionality used?

Any input on this subject would be appreciated.
Old 4th August 2010, 11:12   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Had the ECU upgraded. I have to say I was blown away with the improvement. Not only the lag is gone, but it feels much more agile. Low end response is surely better by a huge margin. Midrange and topend wasnt fully tested. Just when you press the accelerator you can feel the pull. I will say now its surely better than Punto,Micra,Polo,Jazz,I20,Figo.
How do you feel Beat's overall response in compariosion to Ritz and i10 Kappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Second servicing is still a month away. They said no engine oil change is necessary since its synthetic oil. I am not sure whether I should go for it. Anyone has idea of the price of this synthetic oil.
Most of us are driving in extreme driving conditions so in my opinion you must go for engine oil and filter change. I got it changed at 1800 km as I wanted to get rid of running-in oil. Synthetic Engine Oil - Quartz 7000 GMO 5W-30, 3.75 l, will cost around Rs. 1100 and Oil Filter around Rs. 140.
Old 4th August 2010, 22:20   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
How do you feel Beat's overall response in compariosion to Ritz and i10 Kappa
Havent driven Ritz. But have driven Swift K12. Lets leave that aside it is a gem of an engine. Response is awesome.

I10... hmmm its also good. Response is no doubt better than Beat but not by much.

If you have driven Zen/Santro you will find something missing in these cars (other than swift). PUSH IN THE BACK EFFECT. Zen for example has 2 valves per cylinder which makes excellent low end torque. Santro is even better. But at higher RPMs these disappoint big time.

My take
Swift>I10>Beat>Figo>Polo>Micra>Punto
Old 5th August 2010, 10:20   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I will be in Kerala for Onam - 1 week from 20th Aug. Will try to meet you if possible.
Last week I drove @ 140+kmph. It was stable but there were some small vibrations due to the wheel unbalance. So I told the service centre guy to do the wheel balancing. They told that I have to pay for the balancing weights. Since the wheels are alloys, the weights seems to be costlier than the regular ones
I used to maintain ~35PSI for all the tyres for improving FE.
Ah, sorry that’s a very long wait for a testimony; I need to do it as early as possible. May be this week itself. Ok, give me a PM once you are here, so that we can meet in person and evaluate the difference. I couldn’t test the FE after the last tweak so can’t say it was good for FE too.
Did u test that speed alone or with someone in the car? It stays cool when it’s loaded but I’ll have to check once again.
Have done the tire rotations on 5K?
Old 5th August 2010, 15:40   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Ah, sorry that’s a very long wait for a testimony; I need to do it as early as possible. May be this week itself. Ok, give me a PM once you are here, so that we can meet in person and evaluate the difference. I couldn’t test the FE after the last tweak so can’t say it was good for FE too.
Did u test that speed alone or with someone in the car? It stays cool when it’s loaded but I’ll have to check once again.
Have done the tire rotations on 5K?
I got the ECU remap done yesterday. There is a considerable change in the performance. I am happy.
I asked the service centre guy about the version of the upgrade. He told it is version 2. When I asked him to confirm on that, then he got doubt. Then both of us went inside to check with the guy who is doing this. He confirmed that it is version # 3. I cannot compare between version2 with version3, because I have not done version2 earlier.
IMO you can get it done at the earliest without wasting your time.
Could not push it to the max speed because of the road condition and there were 3 persons inside.
Old 5th August 2010, 16:28   #1287

@Salbin please let us know on the change in FE as a result of this ECU remap, whenever you can. It is good to know that the folks in bangalore are atleast aware of such a remap.

The Pashankar guys here in pune are absolutely clueless and dont even know what an ECU is. Finding out versions etc would be next to impossible.
Old 5th August 2010, 16:32   #1288
BHPian

@ Salbin and @ Sajjt - Guys, help me out in deciding whether to go for ECU remapping or not. Currently at close to 6500 kms on the odo, and getting 15 kmpl fuel efficiency. My concern is how much the FE will go down (if any) after the remapping . I do want a little better 2nd gear power, but not if it drops the FE too much.
Also planning to get oil change done as didnt get it in 5000 kms service. The brand mentioned previously (quartz) is not available at nagpur, so, suggest some alternative. Do i really have to get oil filter changed too?
Old 5th August 2010, 16:37   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
I got the ECU remap done yesterday. There is a considerable change in the performance. I am happy.
Indeed there is a significant improvement after ECU remapping. What about FE ? You are closely monitoring FE also. Do post POST-REMAPPING FE figure.
Old 5th August 2010, 16:41   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
I asked the service centre guy about the version of the upgrade. He told it is version 2. When I asked him to confirm on that, then he got doubt. Then both of us went inside to check with the guy who is doing this. He confirmed that it is version # 3. I cannot compare between version2 with version3, because I have not done version2 earlier.
IMO you can get it done at the earliest without wasting your time.
Could not push it to the max speed because of the road condition and there were 3 persons inside.
That shows ver 2.0 was not a good fix and that's why the latest v3.0 is offering.

Post the FE as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks