Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 18:05   #1291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
@ Salbin and @ Sajjt - Guys, help me out in deciding whether to go for ECU remapping or not. Currently at close to 6500 kms on the odo, and getting 15 kmpl fuel efficiency. My concern is how much the FE will go down (if any) after the remapping . I do want a little better 2nd gear power, but not if it drops the FE too much.
Also planning to get oil change done as didnt get it in 5000 kms service. The brand mentioned previously (quartz) is not available at nagpur, so, suggest some alternative. Do i really have to get oil filter changed too?
I am observing a ~2 kmpl drop in FE. Quatz 7000 is Genuine Engine Oil specifically made for Beat by Elf-Total. It is available only at Authorised Service Centre and its rate is Rs. 288/l or Rs. 1080/3.75l. You can also use 5W30 synthetic engine oil of Gulf or Mobil or Castrol.
You must change oil filter along with an oil change. Oil filter too is only available at A.S.C. and it costs Rs. 132
Old 6th August 2010, 10:46   #1292

Salbin, topolino and others.

Can you please advise how long it took to do the ECU remapping. The dealer here in Pune says it will take 4 days to re program the ECU so i will have to leave my car with them for 4 days,is this correct? Did you have to leave the car with them for extended periods or is it just a matter of a few hours?
Old 6th August 2010, 13:07   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaprime1509 View Post

Can you please advise how long it took to do the ECU remapping. The dealer here in Pune says it will take 4 days to re program the ECU so i will have to leave my car with them for 4 days,is this correct? Did you have to leave the car with them for extended periods or is it just a matter of a few hours?
@Alphaprime1509 - Have you got your Beat from Pashankar Auto (Satara Road)? and i just wanted to know if the servicing guys did agree to your ECU mapping request without any questions or did they inform you it would be charged?
Old 6th August 2010, 13:09   #1294
BHPian

Quote:

Dealer is misleading you. ECU remapping will take hardly an hour. The process is very simple. The ECU connector which is located on the underside of the dashboard (RHS) is connected through an adaptor to the Laptop and remapping is done online through the software of GM Global Connect. Once the connection is established between the ECU and GM Global Connect Website, whole process will take 15 to 30 min depending upon the internet speed.
Talk to the Service Manager and ask him how they are going to do ECU remapping and why it will take 4 days. Please let us know what he tells u.
Old 6th August 2010, 14:43   #1295
BHPian

Quote:

Its baseless information. Today I got the confirmation of ECU mapping can be done within half an hour max. Tomorrow am planning to get it done. Dealer is absolutely misleading, tell him that you don't want to re assemble the whole car, only ECU re mapping is required.
Quote:
@ Salbin and @ Sajjt - Guys, help me out in deciding whether to go for ECU remapping or not. Currently at close to 6500 kms on the odo, and getting 15 kmpl fuel efficiency. My concern is how much the FE will go down (if any) after the remapping . I do want a little better 2nd gear power, but not if it drops the FE too much.
Also planning to get oil change done as didnt get it in 5000 kms service. The brand mentioned previously (quartz) is not available at nagpur, so, suggest some alternative. Do i really have to get oil filter changed too?
Oops, am in a "soup" right now so how can I guide you? My first ECU mapping was not correct and going to get another one tomorrow. I didn't checked the FE after the remap so cant comment too.
Old 6th August 2010, 17:28   #1296
BHPian

Thanks guys. I think i'll wait another 15-20 days to see what FE majority is getting after the remapping as i dont have time to get it done anyways. Also posting my ICE experience here again as i guess more people view this thread so might get help sooner.

""Got my Beat ICE'd finally.
Got Polk audio 6.5 inch component speakers (DB series) Polk Audio - db Series - Mobile / Marie Speakers installed in the rear on custom made 'BassFX' parcel tray
with Hertz audio DIECI DCX100 coax 4" speakers HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo in normal front speaker slot. Didnt have any money left for amp and woofer as had a budget of 15-16 thousand and this stuff alone cost me close to 11,000. But totally worth it. These were the largest size components available, and trust me, they are worth every penny i spent. The Bass is not thumping, but its absolutely adequate and what i wanted. The sound is so sweet and music has started sounding amazing. Crystal Clear sound upto volume 32-33. Jars a little after that.
My query to u all is whether to go for an amp ? Will the sound improve any more with amp (as the dealer suggested) ? Should i get the woofer installed on the parcel tray itself or in an enclosure ? Any idea about "GLIDER" amplifiers ? Getting awesome power for 6000 rs. It is rated at 1500 watts in comparison to peak 1000 of JBL at same cost (as per the dealer again). I have no idea whats better, so, help me out guys.""
Old 8th August 2010, 03:17   #1297
BHPian

heartBEAT

Got my Beat LT 2 weeks back and perfectly happy with the initial experience. I was scared initially on my move from diesel to petrol but Beat till now has pleasantly suprised me with 15kmpl. Have run only 600km yet and hence dont know whether it will be able to sustain that kind of efficency, especially since mumbai traffic isnt that friendly.

Thats to my brother and team BHP for convincing me to by the LT version itself. else I would have missed the climate control, those blue lights and those lovely piano black finish on dash board.

I was looking for a miniature model of Skidz autobot but could only find the plastic toy one by Hasbro. If anyone knows where metal miniatures are available please let me know.

I also want to do a small vinyl of the transformers AutoBots logo. maybe i will find some good place to do it in this forum.

I used to frequent this forum way back in 03-04, and I am surprised and happy to see this forum grow leaps n bounds as I log in after an interval of more than 5 yrs.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20100722_122058.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20100725_223650.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20100730_190412.jpg  

Old 8th August 2010, 07:20   #1298
BHPian

@rawkeron: Congrats..
Wish you an exciting and safe driving experience with your Red Beat.
Pl share more on the alloys and tyre upgrade.
From where did you get the Skidz and its cost?
Bought online or from any toy shop?
I hope this can be transformed to the robo.
Old 8th August 2010, 14:56   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
hey salbin even i got this autobot skids transformers toy from reliance timeout store here in Pune, it does transform from skids to beat, nice cute little toy to have in the beat, costs 125 bucks.
Old 8th August 2010, 15:14   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
hey salbin even i got this autobot skids transformers toy from reliance timeout store here in Pune, it does transform from skids to beat, nice cute little toy to have in the beat, costs 125 bucks.
Only 125 bucks!!
That is great.
I will also get it.
Old 8th August 2010, 19:55   #1301
BHPian

@rawkeron: Congrats on your bright red baby, and welcome to the BEAT family. Nothing much going on with mine. I'm rarely using it due to the extreme shoddy conditions of lanes near my home (Begumpet, Hyderabad) due to the rains. I've just covered some 800kms.

I went to a drive on the outer ring road in the rains recently.. here's one pic:

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_4773.jpg

Take care!
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2010, 03:06   #1302
BHPian

Skidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
@Salbin

brought skidz from Landmark store. They must have a store in Banglore also. Try Forum. well thats the only place i Know there

Yes it transforms into the robot though a bit complicated. the toy says 5+ yrs but i gave me a tough time to get it right!

There is an automatic transform version also, but thats low on detail
Old 9th August 2010, 03:37   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
@rawkeron: Congrats on your bright red baby, and welcome to the BEAT family. Nothing much going on with mine. I'm rarely using it due to the extreme shoddy conditions of lanes near my home (Begumpet, Hyderabad) due to the rains. I've just covered some 800kms.

I went to a drive on the outer ring road in the rains recently.. here's one pic:

Attachment 402407

Take care!
hi Quadmanic

nice color and a nice picture, i liked the angle.

i was confused on which color to buy between blue and red and finally made up my mind for red.

@salbin
the skidz i brought was for 500. didnt find any for 125 :( . there was one for 250 with spring loaded transformation to robot but wasnt detailed enough on close looks. The one i took transforms exactly the way its shown in the movie but it involves multiple steps and its more of a puzzle than fun.

I am looking for a metal one with better finish.

on the wheels, they are Neo Urban BM RC sport 14inchs and tyres are stock
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_20100722_144528.jpg  

Old 9th August 2010, 12:45   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. I think i'll wait another 15-20 days to see what FE majority is getting after the remapping as i dont have time to get it done anyways. Also posting my ICE experience here again as i guess more people view this thread so might get help sooner.

""Got my Beat ICE'd finally.
Got Polk audio 6.5 inch component speakers (DB series) Polk Audio - db Series - Mobile / Marie Speakers installed in the rear on custom made 'BassFX' parcel tray
with Hertz audio DIECI DCX100 coax 4" speakers HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo in normal front speaker slot. Didnt have any money left for amp and woofer as had a budget of 15-16 thousand and this stuff alone cost me close to 11,000. But totally worth it. These were the largest size components available, and trust me, they are worth every penny i spent. The Bass is not thumping, but its absolutely adequate and what i wanted. The sound is so sweet and music has started sounding amazing. Crystal Clear sound upto volume 32-33. Jars a little after that.
My query to u all is whether to go for an amp ? Will the sound improve any more with amp (as the dealer suggested) ? Should i get the woofer installed on the parcel tray itself or in an enclosure ? Any idea about "GLIDER" amplifiers ? Getting awesome power for 6000 rs. It is rated at 1500 watts in comparison to peak 1000 of JBL at same cost (as per the dealer again). I have no idea whats better, so, help me out guys.""
Nice speaker selection mate. But I would say if you put the comps in front door you can enjoy the better sound stage in front. Rear will be bit subtle with 4". If you dont want to cut the doors then this is the best.

Adding an amp will definitely improve the sound quality as well as the out put too. You can expect a decent thump from the comps once its wired from am AMP. A sub woofer makes the entire setup complete with more thumps.

No idea about the Glider amps but dont go for an amp just because its cheap. Rule of thumb: Good things never come cheap. Go for the reviews before you make the choice. JBL is a trusted brand with a lot of satisfied customers all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkeron View Post
Got my Beat LT 2 weeks back and perfectly happy with the initial experience. I was scared initially on my move from diesel to petrol but Beat till now has pleasantly suprised me with 15kmpl. Have run only 600km yet and hence dont know whether it will be able to sustain that kind of efficency, especially since mumbai traffic isnt that friendly.

Thats to my brother and team BHP for convincing me to by the LT version itself. else I would have missed the climate control, those blue lights and those lovely piano black finish on dash board.

I was looking for a miniature model of Skidz autobot but could only find the plastic toy one by Hasbro. If anyone knows where metal miniatures are available please let me know.

I also want to do a small vinyl of the transformers AutoBots logo. maybe i will find some good place to do it in this forum.

I used to frequent this forum way back in 03-04, and I am surprised and happy to see this forum grow leaps n bounds as I log in after an interval of more than 5 yrs.
Welcome back and to the Beat club, nice colour selection.

Thanks for the update on autobots. I never know that the Skidz autobot was available, my son was always asking for that. Today I'll check that in Reliance. Scale models are always expensive so in metal it can be costly.

Last edited by sajjt : 9th August 2010 at 12:46.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:21   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Beat ICE'd finally.
My query to u all is whether to go for an amp ? Will the sound improve any more with amp (as the dealer suggested) ? Should i get the woofer installed on the parcel tray itself or in an enclosure ? Any idea about "GLIDER" amplifiers ? Getting awesome power for 6000 rs. It is rated at 1500 watts in comparison to peak 1000 of JBL at same cost (as per the dealer again). I have no idea whats better, so, help me out guys.
Hi akshath, congrats on your upgrade. I have a query though, the rear speakers have a max capacity of 100W RMS. Do they sound underpowered by any chance after the upgrade? In case you plan to buy an amp, you can go for a 4 channel one and run the rear speakers (as there is room for more power) and a sub on the amp.

Dont go for Glider brand, honestly never heard of it and I just googled for it and came up with no relevant results, so that confirms what sort of brand reputation Glider has. I have a Hertz 2 channel amp for my sub and will be installing it shortly. Bought it for 6k and it is a decent amp I would say.

I would not suggest you mounting the sub on the parcel tray as no sub will deliver SQ in free air. Its best to use an enclosure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks