Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 14:00   #1366
BHPian

Well i would like to know whether we can connect using an ipod-mini usb connector and play the contents in the ipod.I meant we can control the ipod in the OEM itself.
Old 26th August 2010, 15:18   #1367
BHPian

Just got the second free service done yesterday. Did not opt for the ECU remap. The usual oil change, fluid top up etc servicing and inspection was carried out.

The car's odo stands at 5300 presently and I had also got all 4 wheels rotated and wheel balancing done for 438/-

Now the car feels smoother, the steering responds a tad better and there is a slight improvement in pickup though not very evident. Overall a job well done I can say.

Kudos to Frontline motors for their service
Old 26th August 2010, 16:07   #1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Well i would like to know whether we can connect using an ipod-mini usb connector and play the contents in the ipod.I meant we can control the ipod in the OEM itself.
If you look at the OEM deck screen in bright light you will see an iPod option, but unfortunately the deck does not give you interface to connect the iPod.
It definitely will not work if you use a convertor cable and connect your ipod to the mini USB port, simply because this port is only meant for flash drives. The deck does not give you any means of listening to the ipod by connecting it to the mini USB port, though you might just be able to charge it(will have to try this).
Old 27th August 2010, 07:40   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaprime1509 View Post
If you look at the OEM deck screen in bright light you will see an iPod option, but unfortunately the deck does not give you interface to connect the iPod.
It definitely will not work if you use a convertor cable and connect your ipod to the mini USB port, simply because this port is only meant for flash drives. The deck does not give you any means of listening to the ipod by connecting it to the mini USB port, though you might just be able to charge it(will have to try this).
Yes you are right alpha..

I tried this by connecting it with the USB, but the system could not recognize what that format is. I tried the same with other ICE systems too, but there also it does not play anything. But in after market systems you get an option of Aux in, wherein you can plug it with the help of an auz cable and i-pod plays with that.
Old 28th August 2010, 21:03   #1370
Joy
BHPian

The sales person today told me that GM is discontinuing the Moroccan Blue colour. Does anybody has any idea about this?
Old 28th August 2010, 21:12   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
The sales person today told me that GM is discontinuing the Moroccan Blue colour. Does anybody has any idea about this?

What is the reason for it?
Old 28th August 2010, 21:21   #1372
Joy
BHPian

Don't know? She even called her senior and said that this is the last time they are getting this shade as per GM's internal communications. Though she assured me the colour in LT but I need to confirm her within a couple of days.

Do anybody has any idea?

Also, like to highlight that GM is giving free insurance, if bought within 31-08-2010. Whereas, Figo people are not bulging an inch on Figo TDCi, only some mats and mudflap. Don't know about Petrol version though?
Old 28th August 2010, 22:50   #1373
Joy
BHPian

@astonlobo: I have took test drive of Beat and Figo Diesel. Figo diesel seems to got everything, ride, handling, boot space, and also a good music sytem. Beat too is good regarding ride, handling is bit weak (comapred to Figo), features (more than Figo EXI), never heard the original music system (because it was a LS) and other things.

As I am still calculating and re-calculating. If Figo, it will be definitely Diesel (I don't even considered petrol) or Beat LT. I hate GM for not offering any diesel version in Beat (so, could not compare).

Can OE be survived for at least 4-6 months (till I recover) without any up-gradations and that too without too much complain (from so called friend, philosopher,guide, etc.) ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th August 2010, 00:57   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
I booked my BEAT 2 days back. I wanted the moroccan Blue and the sales person had agreed. But he later informed that it was discontinued (along with the Green color in Spark). Finally had to settle for Cocktail Green as the Blue shade was not available.

Joy, grab the car if it is available.

And yes, there is free insurance on the Beat if invoiced by 31st August.

Last edited by KA18 : 29th August 2010 at 01:00.
Old 29th August 2010, 10:35   #1375
BHPian

I too would like to know why the blue shade is being discontinued. This looks like bad news for me and other Blue beat owners ...no?

I thought the Beat looked good in this particular shade of blue.
Old 29th August 2010, 10:52   #1376
BHPian

Of late, it seems that cars are no longer offered in blue. The colour has long been discontinued in the Swift, the Vista, and now it seems that the Beat too won't be available in the blue shade. Is it that the blue colour is losing its sheen with the customers, or is it that the blue colour is comparatively costly to manufacture?

Last edited by auto-one : 29th August 2010 at 10:54.
Old 29th August 2010, 10:58   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Of late, it seems that cars are no longer offered in blue. The colour has long been discontinued in the Swift, the Vista, and now it seems that the Beat too won't be available in the blue shade. Is it that the blue colour is losing its sheen with the customers, or is it that the blue colour is comparatively costly to manufacture?
What is this - the indigo revolt replay?
Every color costs the same to manufacture and paint - difference is in metallic and non metallic color (that too not very much).
Manufacturers assign special price to a few colors to push up the aspirational values. This is another form of marketing.
The only reason can be they discovered some flaw in the blue color they were using - akin to Vocal white and bossa nova white problem on FIAT.
Old 29th August 2010, 11:49   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
The only reason can be they discovered some flaw in the blue color they were using - akin to Vocal white and bossa nova white problem on FIAT.
Could you please specify the exact nature of the problem/s discoverd with these colours?
Old 29th August 2010, 12:25   #1379
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
I too would like to know why the blue shade is being discontinued. This looks like bad news for me and other Blue beat owners ...no?

I thought the Beat looked good in this particular shade of blue.
+1 to that.

Can you please elaborate why it is bad news? Does this mean that if something happens to the paint, GM will not be able to paint our car? Or is it something else as blackasta mentioned (regarding some flaw with the paint)?
Old 29th August 2010, 13:31   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean that if something happens to the paint, GM will not be able to paint our car? Or is it something else as blackasta mentioned (regarding some flaw with the paint)?
Yes, I was thinking along the same lines. I hope GM would be able to stock the color for painting/dent/scratch jobs that the existing blue Beats would need.

And yeah, I also hope there's nothing wrong with the color as such.. none of us would want the color fading away after a couple of years, if that's the nature of the problem.

Let me see if I can shoot a mail to GMI about this.

By the way, the Beat's website still shows Moroccan Blue as one of the colors

Last edited by quadmaniac : 29th August 2010 at 13:42. Reason: adding extra information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks