Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:36   #1516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Why can't GM come up with this kind of promos in India?
Seems that they are not very keen on numbers here.
After the initial enthusism, I somehow feel that the GM management has developed some sort of a laid - back attitude. Perhaps they are banking heavily on the yet to be launched diesel / LPG variants.

Last edited by auto-one : 22nd October 2010 at 10:40.
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:14   #1517
Senior - BHPian

I agree and disagree with you guys on the Holden. If you observe carefully, you will find that there are quite a few things missing actually.

Yes, two goods thing it has are the steering mounted controls and the regular sized USB.

But then, look at what else it is missing, no roof rails for that added sporty touch, the ac knobs are similar to the LS verison here, and istead of the AC info display, it has the slider for air circulation, just like the LS option. Basically, does not have climate Control
Old 23rd October 2010, 16:00   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Can you elaborate some more on this. Ws not sure this option was available. I generaly felt the lights get swicthed off the second you remove the key and open the driver door.
Sorry for the late reply,

Park lights can be left on for some time, I've got once but dont remember how it was done, am yet to see the manual about this, last time when I read that, there was an option for park lights...
Old 24th October 2010, 13:53   #1519
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
The main problem with SQ is because of stock speakers. Despite any EQ settings, you will not get even above average sound from stock speakers.
Most economy cars come kitted with the lousiest of stock speakers. My suggestion : Retain the OE head unit with after-market speakers and / or an amplifier. The sound (especially with an amp) will be quality enough for most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
After the initial enthusism, I somehow feel that the GM management has developed some sort of a laid - back attitude. Perhaps they are banking heavily on the yet to be launched diesel / LPG variants.
I completely agree. Even their PR department isn't doing a particularly good job. Look at Maruti, Hyundai, Ford, Tata & even Fiat....they are always in the news. I don't remember the last significant development from Chevy that even warranted a new thread!!
Old 26th October 2010, 11:07   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Beat LT Observation @ 3500KMs

My Beat LT crossed 3500KMs today. I am observing following things after 3200KMs onwards.
  • Mileage had suddenly increased from 11 to 13+ in b2b traffic.
  • More pick-up from first and second gear (can feel the kick/launch in both gears)
  • Earlier after 18kms of b2b drive, bonnet was too hot (I was worrying why it was that hot), now it is very cool.
Any Beat owners can comment, are you facing similar changes/improvements?

NB: I had not crossed 95KM/hr till now. But RPM use to go near 4000 occasionally.

Do I need to change the oil during my 5000KM service?

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 28th October 2010, 00:21   #1521
BHPian

@myavu even my Beat has covered to 4K Kms now, giving me 13+ mileage in city with constant use of A/C, heavy B2B traffic, Engine is getting more refined by the day. 2nd gear torque has improved a lot.

Feels great to cruise post 2K RPM on the highway on 5th gear
Old 9th November 2010, 23:25   #1522
BHPian

@ Myavu, you are right. My Beat LT had crossed 2300 kms and suddenly increased the mileage from 11 to 13.5 these days. 30% AC on and 70% off in City. Am expecting to reach 15 after crossing the 3000 Km mark. And now observed the gear shift and pick up is far more better in Beat than Figo (Petrol) that i test drove today.

Also i had inquired it with one of my friend in Deedi Chevrolet, Trivandrum about the mileage of the Beat. He told that the customers used to complain about the low mileage of 12 to 13 they are getting in city after second service. Now the same customers are getting 16 Km/L after the third service in city with full time AC on.

But the most surprising thing is i got a mileage of 16.75 km/l while i had a long drive from Trivandrum to Alleppey (310 kms with petrol of Rs. 1000) before my first service wth 50% AC on.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Only 2 Smileys allowed per post. Please read the forum rules before proceeding further. Next time you will receive an infraction. Thanks!

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th November 2010 at 13:16. Reason: Outlined in post
Old 10th November 2010, 10:50   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
@ Myavu, you are right. My Beat LT had crossed 2300 kms and suddenly increased the mileage from 11 to 13.5 these days. 30% AC on and 70% off in City. Am expecting to reach 15 after crossing the 3000 Km mark. And now observed the gear shift and pick up is far more better in Beat than Figo (Petrol) that i test drove today.

Also i had inquired it with one of my friend in Deedi Chevrolet, Trivandrum about the mileage of the Beat. He told that the customers used to complain about the low mileage of 12 to 13 they are getting in city after second service. Now the same customers are getting 16 Km/L after the third service in city with full time AC on.

But the most surprising thing is i got a mileage of 16.75 km/l while i had a long drive from Trivandrum to Alleppey (310 kms with petrol of Rs. 1000) before my first service wth 50% AC on.
Vivek, your friend is not right atleast in my case, I am getting a consistent figure of 12-13 Km/pl since the day of purchase (7 months by now and clocked 4.3K) and all are full tank figures with all mixed conditions very less city drives and b2b, always keep the needle between 70-80 Kph except some over takings. I've raised this at the time of customer meet and I was not alone at that time as 4 people were agreed with my figures. Even Chevy guys were accepting that 12KMs are very low and there are others getting beyond 15 here, but I could only find one till date. Being not a frequent user I dont felt that too badly but its a fact at least in Cochin.

Last week onwards when idle and AC is on its making a tick tick sound from the AC pulley side and am planning to get it checked this week also going for seat covers which is a must for our climatic conditions.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:29   #1524
Senior - BHPian

@ sajjt I am talking about an increase from 11kmpl to 13+kmpl in b2b South Delhi city traffic with 100% AC. In express way it is more than 16+. Also last Sunday I had progressed her from 95KMPH to 130KMPH (very progressive) for the first time. WOW!

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 10th November 2010, 16:19   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Vivek, your friend is not right atleast in my case, I am getting a consistent figure of 12-13 Km/pl since the day of purchase (7 months by now and clocked 4.3K) and all are full tank figures with all mixed conditions very less city drives and b2b, always keep the needle between 70-80 Kph except some over takings. I've raised this at the time of customer meet and I was not alone at that time as 4 people were agreed with my figures. Even Chevy guys were accepting that 12KMs are very low and there are others getting beyond 15 here, but I could only find one till date. Being not a frequent user I dont felt that too badly but its a fact at least in Cochin.

Last week onwards when idle and AC is on its making a tick tick sound from the AC pulley side and am planning to get it checked this week also going for seat covers which is a must for our climatic conditions.
Sajjt, Actually my friend spoke about the customers who had crossed 10K kms. Earlier the same customers were getting 12-13 kms in city like what you are getting now. You had clocked just 4.3K kms. So i expect you can get this 16+ mileage after your third service. Thats what GM guys conveyed.
Old 14th November 2010, 23:30   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Well FE seems to be the major point of discussion here.
Earlier I used to get 11.5 to 12 in 100% city and 100% AC.
Now that my car has clocked closed to 6000 Kms. I am getting
14 Kmpl in 100% city and may be 20% AC.
Cant really call that an improvement due to running in but also the due to the fact that the chiller is put to rest.
When my car was almost new. I got 16 in highways with 80% AC. Driving mainly at 90-110 kmph. Restricting it to 80 and driving with AC off I think you can achieve 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
Customers used to complain about the low mileage of 12 to 13 they are getting in city after second service. Now the same customers are getting 16 Km/L after the third service in city with full time AC on.
I simply dont buy that. 16Kmpl with AC in city is 16!! You gotta be kidding me. It will at best be 14.
Old 15th November 2010, 11:24   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
My Beat LT crossed 3500KMs today. I am observing following things after 3200KMs onwards.
  • Mileage had suddenly increased from 11 to 13+ in b2b traffic.
  • More pick-up from first and second gear (can feel the kick/launch in both gears)
  • Earlier after 18kms of b2b drive, bonnet was too hot (I was worrying why it was that hot), now it is very cool.
Any Beat owners can comment, are you facing similar changes/improvements?

NB: I had not crossed 95KM/hr till now. But RPM use to go near 4000 occasionally.

Do I need to change the oil during my 5000KM service?

Cheers!

Vinu
You do not need to change the engine oil @ 5k or even 10k, as it is loaded with Servo Fully Synthetic Oil
Old 15th November 2010, 13:23   #1528

Has anyone managed to change the audio head unit of the LT variant? I am not sure if this is really possible so if there are people who have done it, it would be great to see some pics.
Old 18th November 2010, 15:09   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Can you elaborate some more on this. Ws not sure this option was available. I generaly felt the lights get swicthed off the second you remove the key and open the driver door.

At last I found that

The manual says any one of the side position+tail lamps can be switched on while the key is not inserted. For that, switch on the park lights and turn on the right/left indicator for which side of the park/tail lights to be on and pull out the key as usual. It worked well.

But when I tried this, both side park+tail lamps were on which offers good visibility but its draining the battery pretty much, each poistion lamp is 5W each+ tails 10W each so the total load is 30W. Not a wise idea to keep this on for long time.

When I was experimenting with brake light flashers, total brake lights are consuming a total load of 65W which is more than a headlight power.
Old 19th November 2010, 09:40   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Well FE seems to be the major point of discussion here.
Earlier I used to get 11.5 to 12 in 100% city and 100% AC.
Now that my car has clocked closed to 6000 Kms. I am getting
14 Kmpl in 100% city and may be 20% AC.
Cant really call that an improvement due to running in but also the due to the fact that the chiller is put to rest.
When my car was almost new. I got 16 in highways with 80% AC. Driving mainly at 90-110 kmph. Restricting it to 80 and driving with AC off I think you can achieve 18.

I simply dont buy that. 16Kmpl with AC in city is 16!! You gotta be kidding me. It will at best be 14.
Hey Oxygen,

Well definetely you can get 16kmpl with extra premium petrol and its not mentioned whether its B2B traffic, else you can easily get it, since i am able to get in mine which is 1500kms on the odo with 100% AC on.. But same if i use normal petrol i am getting 14kmpl. So the quality of fuel does matter..

In highways i would be easily getting 18 with AC.. So definetely its not impossible..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks