Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2010, 12:52   #1576
Senior - BHPian

With reference to oil change, please note that the beat does use synthetic oil. Apart from getting this validated by the service guys, if you check under the hood, you will fund a specification / recommendation decal talking of the oil type to use and it specifies it as synthetic oil. In my case, the engineer told me that it has Servo synthetic oil.

As far as changing is concerned, it is best to leave it to each individual now to take their own choice.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:01   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post

My best guess its semi-synthetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
In my case, the engineer told me that it has Servo synthetic oil.

GM has a tie up with Elf-Total Oil Company and all Chevrolet vehicles in India comes with factory filled Elf-Total oil. I did first oil change at 1800 km and was present in the A.S.C at the time of oil change. I have seen the specification printed on the can and it reads Total - Quartz 7000 GMO, 5W30 Synthetic Oil, 3.7 l. It is a Genuine Engine Oil specially made for Chevrolet Beat by Elf-Total. I am 100% sure about it.
Topolino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2010, 12:10   #1578
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
GM has a tie up with Elf-Total Oil Company and all Chevrolet vehicles in India comes with factory filled Elf-Total oil. I did first oil change at 1800 km and was present in the A.S.C at the time of oil change. I have seen the specification printed on the can and it reads Total - Quartz 7000 GMO, 5W30 Synthetic Oil, 3.7 l. It is a Genuine Engine Oil specially made for Chevrolet Beat by Elf-Total. I am 100% sure about it.
What is the total cost for oil change?
Old 7th December 2010, 12:56   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
What is the total cost for oil change?
If you change oil during the first free service then you will have to pay only for oil ~ Rs 1080 and for oil filter ~ Rs. 130, i.e. ~ Rs. 1210, labour will be free. If you want to change at a time other than schedule free service you will have to pay additional charges for labour (around Rs. 100).
Old 7th December 2010, 15:46   #1580
BHPian

At 10500 kms now on the meter. Going to get 10k service done in a couple of days maybe. Planning to get ORVMs with LED indicators this time around. Also seeing this discussion on engine oil, i guess i'll get that done too. No problems with the car yet. Still running soooper smooth. Last 3 FE (tankfull to tankfull method) are 13.8 kmpl/14.6 kmpl and 14.98 kmpl respectively with 100% city driving and 20% AC usage. Will update with my service experience soon.
One query- I paid for the CPCOO when the offer came in july/aug maybe. Haven't yet got any documents related to that from chevrolet. Asked service centre wallahs, they said its delayed. But how much? what am i supposed to expect ? Get the stuff via courier ya fir have to collect it in person from the service centre?
Old 7th December 2010, 16:20   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Will check the oil brand again Topolino. It could be Elf, but i will confimr it once more. Not sure why the service guy said otherwise
Old 8th December 2010, 09:28   #1582
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
One query- I paid for the CPCOO when the offer came in july/aug maybe. Haven't yet got any documents related to that from chevrolet. Asked service centre wallahs, they said its delayed. But how much? what am i supposed to expect ? Get the stuff via courier ya fir have to collect it in person from the service centre?
Well according to my knowledge, this CPCOO is just like the service coupons that you have in your service manual. They will provide you with 9 service coupons and this will be given by the service center ppl. I didnt go for this, since when i bought my car it was costing 13999, so didnt opt for it thinking about the use of my car for the next 3 years. The month after that COO was given as free. So when i asked how this works, he showed me those coupons, so i am pretty sure that it should be obtained from the dealer. Check it out..
Old 8th December 2010, 13:09   #1583
BHPian

Hey does anyone know how much would a tail lamp assembly cost? The clear lens for the reverse lamp broke today morning coz of fog while reversing , and yeah ofcourse with mistake from our end too..so thought if someone would know the price of that?
Old 9th December 2010, 11:13   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, for all those keen on accessorizing their Beat or have been waiting for genuine accessories, there is a brouchure full of them available at the dealerships. Also, the launch of the new Z-Spec beat concpt car

Refer to the post below for details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...cessories.html
Old 9th December 2010, 13:46   #1585
BHPian

With regards to the discussion of the A.C. ; has anyone managed to figure out how to use the automatic temperature control AND YET not have to breathe in the noxious fumes from outside which the AC automatically does from time to time?
Old 9th December 2010, 14:56   #1586
BHPian

Just bit Off topic but thought will be good to share with Beat Owners. Was a surprise for me so thought i would better share.

Beat has been rated very highly in JD Power Asia Pacific Initial Quality Survey, beating all in a segment comprising of Figo, Polo, WagonR, A-Stars, i10/i20, Punto, Fabia and what not.

All, Except Rs 7 lakh Honda Jazz which is even better in quality.Love the margin between the three top cars. In -Fact car's quality is perceived so high that across the segment the only cars outscoring Beat were Jazz, Civic, Laura,City and Corolla. It Ties with Fortunner in quality.

Have fun beat owners, riding such a high quality car .

Name:  JD Power Asia Pacific.png
Views: 3098
Size:  101.6 KB

Last edited by anu21v : 9th December 2010 at 15:07.
Old 9th December 2010, 17:31   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, for all those keen on accessorizing their Beat or have been waiting for genuine accessories, there is a brouchure full of them available at the dealerships. Also, the launch of the new Z-Spec beat concpt car

Refer to the post below for details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...cessories.html

Yeah i agree to your reply, but we have accessory list of other parts which can be added additionaly to the car. I do have this list at home.

I got the info from dealer and the rear tail lamp costs Rs.1100 (the whole assembly). I feel that this is no so costly, i was expecting it to be arnd Rs.3000 , a great sigh of releief
Old 9th December 2010, 22:32   #1588
Senior - BHPian

It is truly good to see the car rated well in the JD survey. It is one of the finest cars on Indian roads today, in terms of engine response (very peppy), good ride quality, quality plastics and very goo features.

@infrommaha: Can you upload it please. Would be good to see the list.
Old 10th December 2010, 00:16   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Yeah i agree to your reply, but we have accessory list of other parts which can be added additionaly to the car. I do have this list at home.

I got the info from dealer and the rear tail lamp costs Rs.1100 (the whole assembly). I feel that this is no so costly, i was expecting it to be arnd Rs.3000 , a great sigh of releief
Very reasonably priced I would say! The price includes fitting charge?
Old 10th December 2010, 08:51   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
@infrommaha: Can you upload it please. Would be good to see the list.
Its the same price list that you have uploaded, thats what i meant..if you want to compare about the prices then and now, yeah here is the link.. anyways will get the new pricing list if possible.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-pictures.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Very reasonably priced I would say! The price includes fitting charge?
Yes i suppose, since they told the part price is Rs.1053 and total is Rs.1100 so it should include fitting charges. Will confirm you with this by weekend since i am going to fit it tomorrow (if parts are available, as of yesterday it was available, hope to be same tom).

Last edited by informmaha : 10th December 2010 at 09:02.

Most Viewed