Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 18:43   #1621
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
In Beat Port deactivation happens at < 2400 rpm.
It is actuated mechanically using the vacuum of intake manifold.
At low load intake vacuum is high and one of the port is closed.
At high load intake vacuum is low and the port opens due to spring action of the valve/restriction.

Confirmed!!
Old 21st December 2010, 23:34   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Forgot to mention, I was charged exactly 2066 for the engine oil, and not 2500 as i mentioned in my last post. But was horrified after reaching home when i checked my bill/receipt again. It mentioned 5w40 diesel engine oil..went back in a hurry to the service centre to confirm. Thankfully they have put the same quartz engine oil referred to by other ppl in the thread. The "diesel" bit gave me a scare as i m not very aware of what harm could happen if its put. By the way, the service centre ppl said the same oil is used in Beat , cruz and Captiva. Is that correct ?

Thats great. Extremely quick response to my email to chevy. Got a call from the service centre. They said they've put the correct engine oil and i dont need to worry, but printed wrong info on bill by mistake of the person who prepared the bill, and i can drive without any worries with the same oil. Also apologised for the service person who said same oil is used in Beat , Cruz and Captiva. Thats confirmed wrong info and they've taken the sevice guy to task for saying so to me.

The icing on the cake ---- they are willing to change the oil again in front of me if i m still not satisfied. Thats pretty good response to a single mail.
And people say the service is not good. Maybe i'm one of the few lucky ones.

Thanks "chevrolet india" on facebook for the mail id of your customer care.
Old 22nd December 2010, 00:19   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Well even I came across the port deactivation technology. Never really read into it earlier, but am pleased to know the car boasts of this feature, which definitely works its charm on efficiency
Old 23rd December 2010, 19:52   #1624
BHPian

I was almost convinced with booking of Beat PS Metallic and at final moment cancelled the plan. Lot of good offers was offered and indeed in the market this was the best offer and plan to grab.

I was not comfortable with the dealer + the car which he had was Aug 2010 manufactured car and the resale value of Beat was a big question mark for me. Eventhough it is too early to judge the resale value, the same forms an important factor atleast for me who have plans to sell the car in 3-4 years.
Old 24th December 2010, 15:08   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I was almost convinced with booking of Beat PS Metallic and at final moment cancelled the plan. Lot of good offers was offered and indeed in the market this was the best offer and plan to grab.

I was not comfortable with the dealer + the car which he had was Aug 2010 manufactured car and the resale value of Beat was a big question mark for me. Eventhough it is too early to judge the resale value, the same forms an important factor atleast for me who have plans to sell the car in 3-4 years.
I always insist on getting models in the new model year as I generally purchase my cars around the months of Feb/March. I think you should still look at picking one up next year provided it belongs to the new model year. An Aug 2010 car, no matter how good the offer maybe would seem like a no-no in my books.
Old 25th December 2010, 18:17   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
I always insist on getting models in the new model year as I generally purchase my cars around the months of Feb/March. I think you should still look at picking one up next year provided it belongs to the new model year. An Aug 2010 car, no matter how good the offer maybe would seem like a no-no in my books.

Ya you are absolutely right. That was one of the major reason for me to remove the BEAT from the list. It is absolutely not selling. But it is great too see that a couple of beats are seen this december with very good offers on board or since i became interesed in beat and that's the reason that some beats fell in my eyes. Don't know the reason. What ever the reason is i should surely admit that it is one of the best design for an hatchback.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:27   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
It is actuated mechanically using the vacuum of intake manifold.
At low load intake vacuum is high and one of the port is closed.
At high load intake vacuum is low and the port opens due to spring action of the valve/restriction.

Confirmed!!
Yes, it is a vacuum actuated PDA system. What I want to say is that at low load/low speed (about < 2240 rpm) one of the port closes and at high load/high speed ( about > 2240 rpm) the port opens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Thats great. Extremely quick response to my email to chevy. Got a call from the service centre. They said they've put the correct engine oil and i dont need to worry, but printed wrong info on bill by mistake of the person who prepared the bill, and i can drive without any worries with the same oil. Also apologised for the service person who said same oil is used in Beat , Cruz and Captiva. Thats confirmed wrong info and they've taken the sevice guy to task for saying so to me.

The icing on the cake ---- they are willing to change the oil again in front of me if i m still not satisfied. Thats pretty good response to a single mail.
And people say the service is not good. Maybe i'm one of the few lucky ones.

Thanks "chevrolet india" on facebook for the mail id of your customer care.
They have charged Rs. 2066 insread of Rs. 1200 for the engine oil. Ask them to refund the difference amount.
Old 4th January 2011, 19:57   #1628

Got my Beat LT this week.
It's a new color so thought of sharing a photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-myb.jpg  

Old 5th January 2011, 10:26   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humvee View Post
Humvee welcome to the Beat Club. The colour is really very nice. Please upload more photos and also your experiece with the Beat
Old 5th January 2011, 10:34   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice color that. A friend of mine also has the same color, it looks really great in flesh.

But I feel that red and green suit the Beat's youth image better.
Old 5th January 2011, 14:39   #1631
BHPian

@Humvee, Congrats on the car!
Beat looks good in this color too! What is it called??
Old 5th January 2011, 15:45   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
@Humvee, Congrats on the car!
Beat looks good in this color too! What is it called??
Should be Sanddrift Grey. Linen Beige also looks great (this is the color my friend has) and seems like a new color too!
Old 5th January 2011, 16:05   #1633
BHPian

Does anyone have information about the launch of LPG kitted Beat.
Old 8th January 2011, 10:58   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
This makes me go . First customers are always a deprived lot. Not only did I pay more, but I also missed this color. Had I had this color choice in July I would have jumped with joy. Now I hate my luck...
Old 10th January 2011, 09:38   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmohankumar View Post
Does anyone have information about the launch of LPG kitted Beat.
Hi Mohan,

the LPG kitted vehicle would be out by early 2Q of this year which will be shortly followed by diesel i suppose.

Most Viewed