Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:35   #1666
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsramkee View Post
Thanks.
What I also noticed is that the port did not work when I hooked up my blackberry to it. I have songs on my 8520 and hoped to play them but the phone did not even detect the connection properly and only said the port I am connected to was not good enough to charge the phone. Maybe its a blackberry thing. I will try a simple USB drive and I hope that should work.
Yes ramkee, a simple USB drive will work brilliantly with the system. Even i tried with connecting my Xperia with it, but it didn't even get detected!
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:15   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

What I also noticed is that the port did not work when I hooked up my blackberry to it. I have songs on my 8520 and hoped to play them but the phone did not even detect the connection properly and only said the port I am connected to was not good enough to charge the phone. Maybe its a blackberry thing. I will try a simple USB drive and I hope that should work.
Whenever I connect my mobile, I hook it up as a mass storage device and some songs play sometimes. If it is connected thru the aux mode it might help thru the ear phone jack.
Old 2nd February 2011, 14:32   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Whenever I connect my mobile, I hook it up as a mass storage device and some songs play sometimes. If it is connected thru the aux mode it might help thru the ear phone jack.
The BBerry asks me if I turn on mass storage when I connect it to the PC. But it does not do so when I connect it to the BEAT system. I tried a simple USB drive today and it worked very well. So I am going to use the drive only I guess. Aux of course works nicely.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:06   #1669
Senior - BHPian

Even I checked my Nokia E71, nothig happened and for some reason my nokia turned off. Strange

But, i remember reading on one post, that someone was able to pair their nokia device easily. Was some touch screen music phone like 5322 or something (cant recollect the number)

By the way, one more question guys, and i keep forgetting to look it up in the manual. Is it possible to pause a song on the HU. Not able to figure out how to do this. Is there some button for pausing
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:27   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
By the way, one more question guys, and i keep forgetting to look it up in the manual. Is it possible to pause a song on the HU. Not able to figure out how to do this. Is there some button for pausing
Have the same question. I have seen HUs where when you hit the mute button, the song also pauses. I noticed that at least when playing back from USB, this does not happen and there does not seem to be a way to do it. Slight irritant because if someone is sitting next to you and they get a call, the first thing we do is mute, but the song does not pause.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:28   #1671

By the way, one more question guys, and i keep forgetting to look it up in the manual. Is it possible to pause a song on the HU. Not able to figure out how to do this. Is there some button for pausing[/quote]

In USB mode press USB and it will pause. It's the same concept in the CD mode, press the CD button.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:29   #1672
BHPian

Quote:

Yes you can pause a song, if you are playing through usb just press the USB button and the player pauses, to resume playing, press the USB button again or move the volume knob and you are back on track
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:57   #1673

I was not aware about resuming the song with the volume button. That's quite convenient and handy , will try it next time.
Old 3rd February 2011, 00:25   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Oh Really^^

Thanks a ton guys. I am definitely looking forward to the morning drive now. I found it to be such an irritant otherwise and would have considered it a huge let down

By the way, LedZep, nice pic of your car. What have you done to it. Post some pics some place, or if you have, which thread. Want to see it in profile, to check out the rims
Old 3rd February 2011, 00:29   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

I agree. I in fact even ordered the converter cable from eBay and had it delivered before my car was delivered so that I could test the system before taking delivery. Now I dont need it.
Even me too got the USB converter from ebay 2 weeks before I got the vehicle. It took 2 months to get the vehicle at that time(exactly 1 year back). Now the waiting period got reduced due to the production ramp-up.
If the phone gets recognised as a "removable mass storage device" in the PC, then it should work. In my case it is working fine. I hope the songs are stored in the memory card - if it is in the phone memory, then there can be issues.

Quote:
Even I checked my Nokia E71, nothig happened and for some reason my nokia turned off. Strange
But, i remember reading on one post, that someone was able to pair their nokia device easily. Was some touch screen music phone like 5322 or something (cant recollect the number)
I think the post mentioned by you is mine.
It is Nokia 5230. The phone asks to select between PC Suit or "removable mass storage" when connected. After selecting "removable mass storage", it starts playing from the phone memory card.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2008390

FE update: My FE got improved and stabilized after 5K service.
It is at avg 16.5kmpl after ECU remap. (15.2kmpl before ECU remap)
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-fe.jpg
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:03   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Attachment 494662
Brilliant data logging there Salbin!
16.5kmpl is very good. I am able to manage only 15kmpl on regular driving.
The best I was able to get was 17kmpl with AC, on a 450km drive on the highway.

OT: Someone managed to steal away the Chevy logo from the rear hatch on my car :(
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:08   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Attachment 494662
16.5 is trulyawesome figure! I have not managed to get past the 15kmpl in the city with AC<50% as I travel thru areas where metro work in Bangalore is in progress. Stuck at 3rd or lower gears for about 90% of the office commute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
OT: Someone managed to steal away the Chevy logo from the rear hatch on my car :(
That is terrible! are you sure it did not fall off??

have you checked for the replacement price with chevy?
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:13   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
One of my friend also lost the rear logo.
It is very difficult to remove it. Somebody used a knife like object to remove it and made some scratch marks.
Heard that some students are stealing various logos just for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
16.5 is trulyawesome figure! I have not managed to get past the 15kmpl in the city with AC<50% as I travel thru areas where metro work in Bangalore is in progress. Stuck at 3rd or lower gears for about 90% of the office commute.
That is terrible! are you sure it did not fall off??
Getting 15kmpl in Bangalore B2B traffic seems to be good only.

The logo fixing is very strong. It is a kind of uni direction press fit pin location along with double sided adhesive like 3M tape. So falling off by itself is a remote possibility.
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:38   #1679
Senior - BHPian

@Yes Salbin, thanks for confirming. It was indeed your post. Tried the pause feature today and it worked. Glad to have that feature.

Guys, and as for logos getting stolen, it isnot just students having fun. Stealing logos is a very big business and very prfitable for them as well. Read several articles in newspapers and magazines which spoke of these incidents. These logos are then taken and sold via various channels. Small time mechanics (may be big ones as well), accessory shops, grey markets, flea markets and so on. It is something, that we cant do anything about as well. just hope it doesnt happen
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:49   #1680
BHPian

[quote=thedreamcatcher;2231779
Guys, and as for logos getting stolen, it isnot just students having fun. Stealing logos is a very big business and very prfitable for them as well. Read several articles in newspapers and magazines which spoke of these incidents. These logos are then taken and sold via various channels. Small time mechanics (may be big ones as well), accessory shops, grey markets, flea markets and so on. It is something, that we cant do anything about as well. just hope it doesnt happen[/quote]

This is just great! even if we manage to catch them in the act, can't even drag these guys to the police station. will the cops try to register a case under 'trying to steal the bran monogram from vehicle'??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks