Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2011, 16:00   #1696
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
It sure did't fall off! Someone has probably used a screw driver to flick it off. It has left a scratch mark on the panel.
Haven't enquired about the replacement price. I am more than sure it'll go off again! These miscreants are too active here.
But it did make some space for another T-Bhp sticker!
This is how my car looks now!

Even i heard about those students. My friend has even managed to get back his Palio's logo from them!
But this happened at the office parking Salbin :(
Exactly this is what I've done when I got a deep scratch on my rear bumper Only downside in my case it was exactly just below the number plate, so it can be sometimes disguised as taxi by sticking yellow TBHP sticker
Old 7th February 2011, 21:46   #1697
BHPian

Misty Lake colour discontinued

I had been to Pashankar Auto Wheels ( Chevy dealer ) today to check out the Beat LPG, which was not available at the dealership. I was informed by the sales guy that the LPG demo car would be available next week.
Further, he informed me that the Misty Lake colour has been discontinued.
Old 7th February 2011, 21:55   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Re: Misty Lake colour discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
I had been to Pashankar Auto Wheels ( Chevy dealer ) today to check out the Beat LPG, which was not available at the dealership. I was informed by the sales guy that the LPG demo car would be available next week.
Misty Lake was perhaps, pointless for the Beat. The Beat, looks best in very flashy colours, especially those that bring out the contrast with it's Black Lines. I just dig the Red Beat.
Old 7th February 2011, 22:15   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Misty Lake was perhaps, pointless for the Beat. The Beat, looks best in very flashy colours, especially those that bring out the contrast with it's Black Lines. I just dig the Red Beat.
So true.
I had a hard time choosing what colouts to take
Green,red,blue all looked equally impressive. I am sure orange/sunlight copper would look equally great. Misty lake is a sober colour. not funky to gel with the overall design. IMO Moroccan blue looked best followed by green and red.
Old 8th February 2011, 10:39   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Do not believe what a sales guy says. In this forum somebody quoted (on the basis of information received from sales guy) that Moroccan Blue colour is discontinued, but yesterday at the dealership I saw January 2011 manufactured Moroccan Blue Beat. I even checked the VIN to confirm month and manufacturing year. It was AB i.e A-January, B-2011. As per GM Customer Care all the colours shown in chevrolet website are in production, though the delivery time may vary for the required colour.
Old 9th February 2011, 12:39   #1701
BHPian

Can some confirm whether BEAT has an immobiliser?
The brochure doesn't mention any.
Old 9th February 2011, 12:50   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Can some confirm whether BEAT has an immobiliser?
The brochure doesn't mention any.
It does not have an immobiliser on any of the variants
Old 9th February 2011, 14:54   #1703
Senior - BHPian

On going through this thread, somehwere I read that Immobilizer can be fitted on Beat at the Chevy dealer without affecting the warranty. The brand under discussion was AutoCop. Is this information correct ?
I am looking to buy Beat by end of March. Made my selection on the basis of detailed reviews on this forum . How I arrived at this, the shortlisting process etc., I'll share bit later.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:27   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
On going through this thread, somehwere I read that Immobilizer can be fitted on Beat at the Chevy dealer without affecting the warranty. The brand under discussion was AutoCop. Is this information correct ?
The AutoCop is a Genuine Chevrolet Accessory & can be fitted on Beat at Chevy dealer without affecting the warranty. Please visit the link Chevrolet India for more details.
"myavu" has fitted AutoCop Central Locking with Immobilizer in his Beat Please see the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post1942764.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:28   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Can immobilizer be fixed at accessory shops.?
I thought it can be done only at the manufacturers end as it requires some kind of information flow between the key and the engine.
Old 9th February 2011, 17:06   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
The AutoCop is a Genuine Chevrolet Accessory & can be fitted on Beat at Chevy dealer without affecting the warranty. Please visit the link Chevrolet India for more details.
"myavu" has fitted AutoCop Central Locking with Immobilizer in his Beat Please see the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...l#post1942764.
Thanks for reminding Topolino. Based on this and more such information, I had decided to get a OEM approved immobiliser for my car (I've not bought a car yet) even before knowing about the lost vehicle and problems faced by gtabombay http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ero-theft.html. The other 'self-defence' priorities are a visible Steering Wheel/ Gear Lock and glass etching. I know that these can't stop a determined car jacker but can prove to be a deterent for a not so determined one.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 9th February 2011 at 17:29. Reason: Text Correction
Old 9th February 2011, 18:57   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
"myavu" has fitted AutoCop Central Locking with Immobilizer in his Beat Please see the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post1942764.
Quote:
Thanks for reminding Topolino. Based on this and more such information, I had decided to get a OEM approved immobiliser for my car (I've not bought a car yet) even before knowing about the lost vehicle and problems faced by gtabombay http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ero-theft.html. The other 'self-defence' priorities are a visible Steering Wheel/ Gear Lock and glass etching. I know that these can't stop a determined car jacker but can prove to be a deterent for a not so determined one.
@ Topolino That was a nice digging

Yes I had gone for GMKE 5170 with immobilizer from AutoCop and pin-type gear lock.

Other additions was 5th year warranty, V-kool for side and back, PU seat cover(after 1 month- costs 3800) & car cover.

Look here for prices http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post1880051

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 9th February 2011 at 19:01.
Old 11th February 2011, 11:39   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Yes I had gone for GMKE 5170 with immobilizer from AutoCop
Does this immobilizer deactivate the locking mechanism alone
or does it also deactivate the fuel pump, engine ,etc, like in factory fitted immobilizers?
Old 16th February 2011, 11:37   #1709
BANNED

Got my beat after the 10k kms service. The engine feels a little coarse. Is it common?

Plus I got the 'Paint protection' package from 3m guys with 2 free services done for the car. The paint picked up stains as I park under a tree near the office and the the gum from the tree got the dust to stick to the body and would not come off despite a couple of pressure washes.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:36   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Does this immobilizer deactivate the locking mechanism alone
or does it also deactivate the fuel pump, engine ,etc, like in factory fitted immobilizers?
It immobilize engine and of-course locking. I don't know about fuel pump.

It is very hard to find after market immobilizer like one in Fiat Punto/Linea which is rolling code type which immobilize most controls from ECU.

Cheers!

Vinu

Most Viewed