Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2011, 13:58   #1996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy

I know that and even experienced it too. I just want to get an approximate figure or rather the minimum, to be on the safe side.
Let's call in the experts on that.

To me, I always keep it near full tank so that the bars disappear slowly. At the other end it goes off so fast it gives me the feeling that my car isn't fuel efficient. :-)

I know it's just perception but still It feels good.
Old 4th September 2011, 14:11   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat

Now this thing is interesting, i have around 2 bars left with the car covering 570 odd kms since full tank. Now, the low fuel light has not come up which means there is atleast 3 litres of petrol in the tank? But, to my surprise she took in 33 litres of petrol for full tank. How do you justify that?
Good you didn't think of running another 50km assuming there is enough fuel left.

Maybe we will have to park and switch off the car for a few minutes to get a more accurate reading. Because I have at times noticed changes in reading when my car is parked overnight.
Old 4th September 2011, 14:52   #1998
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
If you want to go for component speakers, there are only limited options available like Illusion Electra 4.1(costlier than your JBLs in the rear! and extremely difficult to get!)
Otherwise go for 4" co-axial speakers.
You will get lot of 4" co-axial options like Infinity, Kicker, Polk Audio, Boston, JBL, Pioneer and so on.. Price range starting from 1.2K onwards.(Infinity, Polk, Kicker.. will be in the costlier side)

I am having JBL GT5-402, bought it for 1.4K. Check my ownership thread for more details with pics.
"Alstonlobo" and "Auto freak" are having Boston 4inches in the front.

BTW, did you installed the DRLs?

I am planning to add a subwoofer to my ICE set-up.
Almost finalized on "Infinity Basslink" 10inch amplified subwoofer.
planned to fix on the left hand side of the spare wheel and take speaker level inputs to make the wiring simple.
Thanks Salbin. BTW, my budget 1200-1700 rs for the front 4" speaker. So i have to zero in for any of these brands such as JBL, pioneer or Alpine. What is your opinion from these options? Is there any problem, if we use multi brands for the car speaker system?

And i have not yet installed the DRLs as i have to do the 3rd service and some painting work. Along with these two had completed the ECM remapping. After the ECu remapping, my FE got down initially to 12-13kmpl but now things gone better and am able to get 15-16 kmpl in city now.

Now my next step is to upgrade the front speakers and DRLs installation. Pictures will follow soon.

Wow... Waiting to see the photos of your upgraded ICE once the new sub woofer is installed.
Old 4th September 2011, 15:00   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkeron View Post
Good you didn't think of running another 50km assuming there is enough fuel left.

Maybe we will have to park and switch off the car for a few minutes to get a more accurate reading. Because I have at times noticed changes in reading when my car is parked overnight.
I always have a watch on the fuel gauge,and it have NEVER changed reading overnight. But, this thing has been on my mind for a long time, i think will ask the SA when i visit them.
Old 4th September 2011, 21:09   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekm85 View Post
Thanks Salbin. BTW, my budget 1200-1700 rs for the front 4" speaker. So i have to zero in for any of these brands such as JBL, pioneer or Alpine. What is your opinion from these options? Is there any problem, if we use multi brands for the car speaker system?
Out of the 3 mentioned by you, I would prefer JBL or Alpine.
I dont think there is an issue in using multi brands.
BTW, today I installed the Infinity Basslink subwoofer. Will post pics soon.
Old 4th September 2011, 21:54   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, today I installed the Infinity Basslink subwoofer. Will post pics soon.
Salbin if possible can you please post an audition video? I wanna hear how the sub sounds. I too had shortlisted this active sub while contemplating on upgrading my setup but due to non availabilty, changed plans!
Old 4th September 2011, 22:04   #2002
BHPian

The DRLs received at my end:

Material neatly packed and clean...

Old 4th September 2011, 22:33   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
The DRLs received at my end:
Material neatly packed and clean...
That is exactly the same ones I am having.
Even the box seems to be the same.

It seems you are having a box enclosure for the 6x9s? Is it fixed or just kept in the boot?

Last edited by salbin : 4th September 2011 at 22:36. Reason: edit
Old 4th September 2011, 22:38   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
That is exactly the same ones I am having.
Even the box seems to be the same.

It seems you are having a box enclosure for the 6x9s? Is it fixed or just kept in the boot?
As this 6x9s are not suits to the tray, i kept it in a box enclosure and for that i have to pay 1000 rs more. It is not fixed, just kept there... But the sound quality is really good. Am happy with the JBL performance
Old 5th September 2011, 11:16   #2005
BHPian

the so called new SMARTECH engine introduced in first quarter of this year was just the official launch of the engine(marketing plan) and nothing much different from the 'original' engine..
got this data from the GM India directly!!
Old 5th September 2011, 12:47   #2006
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Vivek,

Just curious to know, have you placed your speakers at the bottom or just removed it from the parcel tray area? This seems to be pretty interesting for me since I do not like the speakers in the parcel tray area..

If you have placed it at the bottom, could you please let me know how much was the cost of that speaker box (or tray)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
the so called new SMARTECH engine introduced in first quarter of this year was just the official launch of the engine(marketing plan) and nothing much different from the 'original' engine..
Yes everyone knows that there is no change in the engine, except that initially engines were coming from korea and later they started producing the same engine here (Made in India). And woundering the phrase "GM India Directly" means official statement from management or was it from any employee?

Last edited by informmaha : 5th September 2011 at 13:01.
Old 5th September 2011, 13:08   #2007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkeron View Post
Let's call in the experts on that.

To me, I always keep it near full tank so that the bars disappear slowly. At the other end it goes off so fast it gives me the feeling that my car isn't fuel efficient. :-)

I know it's just perception but still It feels good.
Here are the data on fuel meter reading and corresponding litres of petrol in fuel tank.
Full Tank (16 bars) ~ 35 l
3/4 Tank (12 bars) ~ 26.9 l
1/2 Tank (8 bars) ~ 18.4 l
1/4 Tank (4 bars) ~ 10.2 l
Warning Lamp (1 blinking bar) ~ 4.3 l
Empty (no bar) ~ 2 l

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
Even then you should not accept an October 2010 car in August 2011.
Old 5th September 2011, 14:23   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Here are the data on fuel meter reading and corresponding litres of petrol in fuel tank.
Full Tank (16 bars) ~ 35 l
3/4 Tank (12 bars) ~ 26.9 l
1/2 Tank (8 bars) ~ 18.4 l
1/4 Tank (4 bars) ~ 10.2 l
Warning Lamp (1 blinking bar) ~ 4.3 l
Empty (no bar) ~ 2 l
I think i will have a different viewpoint when it comes to this.

This is because the last time i filled the tank full, yesterday, it showed 2 bars remaining with no low fuel light on. I could fill 30.95 liters of fuel which is approx 4 litres of fuel remaining. Mind you, this is a very trusted fuel pump out here.

I would say half tank would correspond to 17 litres of fuel remaining, i have observed that the first half of the fuel bar decreases slowly because it consumes more fuel than the second half.

Anyways, the last full tank at 560 kms took 30.95 litres coming to approx 18.09 kmpl. This was mainly due to quite a lot of city driving and highway driving with A/c.
Old 5th September 2011, 14:58   #2009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hey Vivek,

Just curious to know, have you placed your speakers at the bottom or just removed it from the parcel tray area? This seems to be pretty interesting for me since I do not like the speakers in the parcel tray area..

If you have placed it at the bottom, could you please let me know how much was the cost of that speaker box (or tray)?
Hi informmaha,

I placed it in the bottom side of the boot space in my chevy. this is the procedure. Bought the speakers and the box costs me 4500 bucks and the split up is 3500 + 1000. And i removed the rear parcel tray to get the full sound quality because the parcel tray clearly blocks the sound effect generated from the JBL. In the same pic, you can see the two speakers mounted on the box and the parcel tray positioned vertically. hop[e it clarifies.
vivekm85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 15:35   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I think i will have a different viewpoint when it comes to this.

This is because the last time i filled the tank full, yesterday, it showed 2 bars remaining with no low fuel light on. I could fill 30.95 liters of fuel which is approx 4 litres of fuel remaining. Mind you, this is a very trusted fuel pump out here.

I would say half tank would correspond to 17 litres of fuel remaining, i have observed that the first half of the fuel bar decreases slowly because it consumes more fuel than the second half.

Anyways, the last full tank at 560 kms took 30.95 litres coming to approx 18.09 kmpl. This was mainly due to quite a lot of city driving and highway driving with A/c.
The data quoted by me are from trusted source.
Once I did a fuel efficiency test and drove Beat for 583 km out of which about 70% was Highway driving and 30 % City driving and have taken the photographs as soon as the tank emptied to the 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4 marks. Total fuel consumption was 26.7 l, FE ~ 21.84 kmpl. The whole drive was without AC.

Trip meter set to 0 after full tank.
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-1adsc02852.jpg
3/4 tank mark
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-2dsc02857.jpg
1/2 tank mark
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-3dsc02872.jpg
1/4 tank mark
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-4dsc02888.jpg
photograph taken as soon as the 4th bar disappeared
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-5dsc02889.jpg

One more thing I would like to say whenever I filled the petrol, after the warning lamp statred blinking, the tank never took up more than 31 litres.
Topolino is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed