Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 18:47   #2131
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

giving the Beat for the first service tomorrow.
whats the approximate bill to be expected?
do they do wheel alignment during first service?
Old 30th September 2011, 19:18   #2132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
In my case, the bill was Rs. 0/- (I was not having the 3 year maintenance package).
Generally balancing and alignment checks are not required for 1K service. It will be done only if required - ie. only if you are experiencing wheel wobbling(vibration in steering) or one side pulling(take your hands off the steering on a straight flat road and check for straight movement).
Old 30th September 2011, 22:33   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
+1 to what salbin has mentioned!

When I gave my car for the first service which in reality is just a checkup, bill came upto 0.
As its a new car and barely covered kms, the technicians will inspect all the mechanicals and electricals of the car and finish it up with a car wash.
If you have any issue please bring it up to their notice and they will rectify it. Wheel alignment can be done on request but that depends on whether your car steering pulls to one side as salbin has rightly mentioned.
Also I would advise you and everyone else to get the tyres rotated every 5K as it will help in even wear and tear for all the 4 tyres. All the best!

Guys on another note, I have given my car for the 15k due service. Updated the summary of the same in my thread here, thanks

Service update!
Old 1st October 2011, 01:21   #2134
BHPian

Last week I've also given for 15K service total damage was 3060/-

I've asked them to check & lube for the brake calipers as I used to hear a thud sound when I brake the car after 2-3 days break.

Here's the split up:

Engine Oil 5W30 3.75Lts = 1118
Paid Service = 700
Oil Filter = 71
Labour chags for brake clean = 350
Brake Bleeding = 125
Exterior Dressing = 200 (worth to go as I got a clean car in & Out including dash cleaning)
Consumables & taxes = 496

BTW, what is brake bleeding? Is it the brake lines are clearing out of air bubbles by bleeding the fluid? Forgot to ask them
Old 1st October 2011, 12:11   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
BTW, what is brake bleeding? Is it the brake lines are clearing out of air bubbles by bleeding the fluid? Forgot to ask them
Yes..
Once thewheel cylinders are removed/disconnected or fluids drained from the circuit, there are chances of air bubbles getting trapped in the hydraulic circuit when the fluid is filled again.
So the filling is done with a special equipment which removes the air bubbles using vacuum during the filling process itself - that's why it is known as bleeding.
BTW, did you repeat the FE test during the service with yourself in the driver seat?
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 12:38   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Yes..
Once thewheel cylinders are removed/disconnected or fluids drained from the circuit, there are chances of air bubbles getting trapped in the hydraulic circuit when the fluid is filled again.
So the filling is done with a special equipment which removes the air bubbles using vacuum during the filling process itself - that's why it is known as bleeding.
BTW, did you repeat the FE test during the service with yourself in the driver seat?
Thanks for the info, I guessed it, I've seen it on bikes disc brakes fluid lines.

No, at the service booking I didn't get the time slot for the so called FE test, had to come after 2 days. Am yet to make another visit next week with full tank spin as suggested by them.
Old 1st October 2011, 21:06   #2137
BHPian

Gentlemen, I spent 6 hrs detailing my car today, and the outcome is fabulous. Have done a small writeup in my thread (link below), thanks for looking.

Detailing Phase 1

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-image1610.jpg
Old 2nd October 2011, 15:03   #2138
BHPian

Guys, have managed to get very good mileage figures this time. Surprisingly, i drover her few times with AC and rarely in the city too.

Total ODO: 656.4 Kms

Fuel: 2300 @ 71.19 = 32.30

Mileage: 656.4/32.30 = 20.30 kmpl

This is auto-cut off to auto-cut off method. The auto cutoff had stopped at 2280 INR, but filled 20 rupees extra to round off.

I made sure that the low fuel light indicator comes on and only after that i filled the tank.

Last edited by Mr.Beat : 2nd October 2011 at 15:10.
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:31   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Wow, those are some impressive figures for a petrol beat!

Do the figures tally with the MID?
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:12   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
I have run my car on all 3 settings namely Original/Normal, 2nd Gear Improvement (xxxxxY3) & Performance Improvement (2nd Gear/Drivability) (xxxxxY4) Settings and from my experience can surely say that the xxxxxY4 is the best one for optimum performance and FE.
Thanks Topolino.

On Saturday me too updated my Beat's ECM software to Performance Improvement (2nd Gear/Drivability) (xxxxxY4) settings. Voila! immediately there was a 1 kmpl mileage improvement (13.45 kmpl with 100% AC, 2 people, 80% B2B stop go city traffic and 20% Gurgaon Expressway. Almost clocked 200 km after update.) and a huge jump in drive-ability which reduces gear shifting in B2B traffic.

I recommend all Beat Petrol owners to update their ECM software to Performance Improvement (2nd Gear/Drivability) (xxxxxY4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Total ODO: 656.4 Kms

Fuel: 2300 @ 71.19 = 32.30

Superb mileage. I also noticed significance difference in mileage when AC is off. Without AC and RPM at 1800/Speed at 70 will give maximum mileage.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 4th October 2011, 17:23   #2141
BHPian

Guyz..

My car is 1 year old, If I am asking for a change in any part (for ex: suspension), does that come under warranty? I am a bit confused here, so thought of posting it here. I have not taken the CPCOO, It did not come along with the vehicle when I got mine.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:46   #2142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Guyz..

My car is 1 year old, If I am asking for a change in any part (for ex: suspension), does that come under warranty? I am a bit confused here, so thought of posting it here. I have not taken the CPCOO, It did not come along with the vehicle when I got mine.

Thanks in advance.
My car is over a year old and on the servicing done two weeks back, the rear RHS shock absorber was found to be leaking, got it replaced under warranty for free! I too have not taken any CPCOO, but I don't think you can ask for a replacement when it is not faulty in the first place.
alstonlobo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 12:41   #2143
BHPian

I'm amazed to see the kind of FE you guys are getting, i have never managed to get more than 12-13KM PL in Delhi (AC-100%). If it don't use ac, like in winters, FE goes to 14.
Old 5th October 2011, 21:56   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azharace View Post
Hey guys. sorry about the late reply. Someone asked for pics of the mods i got done for the speakers in the front doors. Here are the pics of my ICE. Sorry bout the mess in th 3rd and 4th picture

Attachment 372125

Attachment 372126

Attachment 372127

Attachment 372128

Attachment 372129
That looks neat mate, Could you post more pictures of the door pad, as I am looking for the same setup and how much did the DLS comp cost.
b_ambat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 22:56   #2145
BHPian

Hi,

I'm thinking of using CNG in my Beat, what do you guys say about it? I haven't met anyone, who has CNG installed in his Beat. Kindly share your inputs on the same.

Also, i have written a review of my 1.5 years of ownership of Chevy Beat, do share your inputs on the issues mentioned.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...d-moments.html

Most Viewed