Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2011, 02:23   #2146
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

sajjt
hi
i have also noticed the thud(left front wheel only) if i use the car after 3/4 days.If i drive everyday it does not happen nor is there any thud after i brake 3/4 times.
did the checking/lubing of the brakes solve the problem?
in case you do nothing about the thud will it matter to the braking performance?
thnks
rgds
Old 10th October 2011, 11:14   #2147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
sajjt
hi
i have also noticed the thud(left front wheel only) if i use the car after 3/4 days.If i drive everyday it does not happen nor is there any thud after i brake 3/4 times.
did the checking/lubing of the brakes solve the problem?
in case you do nothing about the thud will it matter to the braking performance?
thnks
rgds
Hello sir, glad to see you here, now we've become family members.

Yes. after lubing, cleaning the whole thing, it vanished, but I didn't noticed any difference in braking performance.

Hows your ride now? Any plans to south India tour?
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 22:05   #2148
BHPian

sajjt
thanks for your reply
i drove bombay leh bombay(alone august/september)in the beat
Since there are no problems connected to the thud i will not do anything about it.
As i am thinking of doing bombay kohima bombay this month i wanted to get everything checked.
for the time being no trip planned for south.Will definitely call you in case i am passing by
regards
Old 12th October 2011, 23:43   #2149
BHPian

BSMotoring reports about an updated Chevy Beat with new Ecotec engines , new grille , new headlights , alloys etc

UPDATED CHEVROLET BEAT COMING!
crazybiker46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 00:51   #2150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
BSMotoring reports about an updated Chevy Beat with new Ecotec engines , new grille , new headlights , alloys etc
UPDATED CHEVROLET BEAT COMING!
Thanks for the update.
Those pics are from the GM America press release on Spark 2012, not GM India.
Details here:
GM News - United States - News

Note the main changes in the front and rear bumpers, mirror, spoiler, head lamp and tail lamp etc.
The indicators on side is eliminated with one in the head lamp housing itself!
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-chevroletbeatspark1.jpg
Name:  2013ChevroletSparkfrontthreequarter623x389.jpg
Views: 2607
Size:  51.8 KB
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-chevroletbeatspark3.jpg

Also there is an announcement about pure electric version of Beat (Spark) for US:
http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...t/1012_SparkEV

Last edited by salbin : 13th October 2011 at 00:58. Reason: edit
Old 13th October 2011, 14:01   #2151
BHPian

Wow! That's awesome
Good to see that the new bumper can be bolted on to the current model!
Those alloys look killer!! looks like they could be 15 inchers

Bring it on Chevy!!!
Old 14th October 2011, 18:19   #2152
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys my Beat is due for its 6 month service in a couple of weeks. No problems so far and I am very happy with it other than the bad FE

I am still getting an FE between 8-9 kmpl in the city with 100% AC which still seems way to low. My driving style is pretty sedate and gear shifts match what was mentioned by other owners a few pages back.

What am I supposed to do with the oxygen sensors ? Just get them checked and cleaned or replaced ? What else could be the cause of my low FE ?
I had a bit of a daydream about the servicing yesterday (lol) and in it I was telling the service advisor to check something out which could be the cause of low FE. It actually made a lot of sense but for the life of me I cant remember what it was !! Do any of you guys know what it could be ? It is something relatively common !
Old 18th October 2011, 20:17   #2153
Senior - BHPian

Hey can anyone help with whats in the post above ?
Old 19th October 2011, 12:53   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Hey guys my Beat is due for its 6 month service in a couple of weeks. No problems so far and I am very happy with it other than the bad FE

I am still getting an FE between 8-9 kmpl in the city with 100% AC which still seems way to low. My driving style is pretty sedate and gear shifts match what was mentioned by other owners a few pages back.

What am I supposed to do with the oxygen sensors ? Just get them checked and cleaned or replaced ? What else could be the cause of my low FE ?
I had a bit of a daydream about the servicing yesterday (lol) and in it I was telling the service advisor to check something out which could be the cause of low FE. It actually made a lot of sense but for the life of me I cant remember what it was !! Do any of you guys know what it could be ? It is something relatively common !
Hey, if you are doing the shifts as mentioned in the thread and still getting 8-9 kmpl, i'd recommend you take the car out on the highway and test the FE. You may try this by doing a constant 80km/hr on the highway, the first trip with the AC and the second one without AC and then report here. If you are in the range of 16+, you are doing fine.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:47   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Hey, if you are doing the shifts as mentioned in the thread and still getting 8-9 kmpl, i'd recommend you take the car out on the highway and test the FE. You may try this by doing a constant 80km/hr on the highway, the first trip with the AC and the second one without AC and then report here. If you are in the range of 16+, you are doing fine.
I've got a mileage test by GM last month, the driver was very sedate and very cautious in not crossing 1.5K rpm and strictly sticking to 40kph. From that, the FE was 16KPl with AC. Upon complaining that this is not realistic, they agreed for a full tank to full tank FE test which is pending from my side. I guess there's some fine tuning required to achieve the mileage you guys are getting.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:33   #2156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I've got a mileage test by GM last month, the driver was very sedate and very cautious in not crossing 1.5K rpm and strictly sticking to 40kph. From that, the FE was 16KPl with AC. Upon complaining that this is not realistic, they agreed for a full tank to full tank FE test which is pending from my side. I guess there's some fine tuning required to achieve the mileage you guys are getting.
Fine tuning? Have you tried doing the highway test with and without AC?
Old 19th October 2011, 14:38   #2157
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Mortis;2545018]Hey guys my Beat is due for its 6 month service in a couple of weeks. No problems so far and I am very happy with it other than the bad FE
I am still getting an FE between 8-9 kmpl in the city with 100% AC which still seems way to low.

It is really a killing if it gives 8-9kms per litre at this petrol price. The company says 17kmpl,but at least its should give 13 to 14 if not 17 in the city.Please check it in Highway also with brim to brim petrol before and after the trip. If it is not satisfactory better take to one of the very good service centers of Chevvy.
Old 19th October 2011, 14:45   #2158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Fine tuning? Have you tried doing the highway test with and without AC?
FE test was done on highway only and it returned only 16KPl on the above said conditions. I guess there's something has to be calibrated.

Now you can imagine what could be the FE on city.
Old 19th October 2011, 15:03   #2159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
FE test was done on highway only and it returned only 16KPl on the above said conditions. I guess there's something has to be calibrated.Now you can imagine what could be the FE on city.
If it is the case it should give at least11 to 12kms per liter in city. Please go to one of the good *** and check thoroughly.
Old 20th October 2011, 01:20   #2160
BHPian

Hi everybody, Mr.sajjt/mr beat. About 10 days back i put up 5/6 readings on rajasthan highway, difference was between 13.33 KMPL to 18+kmpl.

I posted and it seems it was not approved. How do i locate that post. I cant find it in my posts nor can i find it in the 2/3 beat(petrol)threads.

Could somebody please guide?

thanks
rgds

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th October 2011 at 10:04. Reason: Please take time to type in using proper punctuation. Also do a preview before submitting, to avoid readability issue. Thank

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks