Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:57   #2191
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

COOL.. I like the first pic.
First time when I opened the filter,I had some bits of clothes,dry leaves etc.
BTW,did you use any polish?
Old 2nd November 2011, 22:55   #2192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
COOL.. I like the first pic.
First time when I opened the filter,I had some bits of clothes,dry leaves etc.
BTW,did you use any polish?
Thanks to your older post on the broken filter holder, I was extra careful in handling it. I also searched if anyone mentioned about washing the pollen filter, but decided to go against it due to contradicting views.

About the polish, no. The snap was taken when it was near new. As per Team-BHP's advice not to go for teflon, I did not go for a teflon coating. But, I have seen a Beat with teflon (or whatever it now is) shining like anything, creating envy. Moreover, I feel a teflon coated vehicle is easier to maintain. I got some hard tar spots on the sides. Wouldn't a teflon coating have made it easy to remove the tar spots? This now seems to be deeply embedded into the paint itself. I am yet to clay, polish and wax it. Ordered a clean and wax from Xenos online, but they credited the cash back, saying that online buying does not work now.

I am still not happy on why the dealer is charging an extra 4500/- terming the super red color as metallic. It IS a flat paint, not metallic. It does not have any metallic shimmers.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:53   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I am still not happy on why the dealer is charging an extra 4500/- terming the super red color as metallic. It IS a flat paint, not metallic. It does not have any metallic shimmers.

Are you serious? The dealer charged you 4.5k stating Super red as a metallic color!
If i recall correctly, the dealer had leaflets clearly indicating Red, Black and White as non-metallic colors and even the metallic Misty Lake color did not attract any premium over solid colors.
I think you rightfully deserve a 4.5k refund (even 4.5k worth of accessories if that suits you and the dealer refuses a cash return).
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:13   #2194
BHPian

Quote:

Dude, I was also charged Rs 3000 extra when i booked my super red BEAT last week. Should I contact someone else in customer care?

EDIT: I just contacted Chevrolet Customer care and they say that super red is NOT a metallic colour . Double

Last edited by adg_andy : 3rd November 2011 at 11:40.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:35   #2195
BHPian

I had my TD of Beat Petrol version a month back. Dealer from Kilpauk,Chennai offered me a discount rs.50,000 as well and other freebies. I felt very comfortable with the steering and the interiors, exterior design. However I decided not go with Beat as the it did not look spacious from inside. Max two people can sit easily and third person should be of zero size Also the sales person said the workshop is in Ambattur which is nearly 30 kms from my residence. The boot is small as well.
Finally I decided to go with the spacious Liva Petrol and feeling very happy with this new car.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:49   #2196
BHPian

@ Mods:Sorry for back to back posts :(

Latest update: Kropex now says that Red is not available in stock as the one they had is a damaged piece. I was literally picturing myself with the car this weekend and now all of them have gone KAPUT!!! So much for chevrolet promise. They have an oprion of misty lake and black and cocktail green , but I want RED only. Feel like

It seems that if I can do a cash down , I can get a Red piece, but why this differentiation? Also, a new Car to be shipped will take a minimum of 10 days.

Last edited by adg_andy : 3rd November 2011 at 12:50.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:53   #2197
Senior - BHPian

In fact it was 5400/-. I checked my booking order form. I clearly remember the sales person telling that only white and black are considered non-metallic. The ledger is put in a strange way that there is no mention of the cost of metallic paint separately. But, the total amount spent does include this.

I am in no mood to fight with the dealership again. I have not had a good experience with the dealership, but do not want to disclose. I have found that they do not value a sale much due to the monopoly they enjoy. All over Kerala, Chevrolet have only single dealers in each city.

At least I know that I got a lesser quote from this dealer than an other dealer in another city.
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:54   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
About the polish, no. The snap was taken when it was near new. As per Team-BHP's advice not to go for teflon, I did not go for a teflon coating. But, I have seen a Beat with teflon (or whatever it now is) shining like anything, creating envy. Moreover, I feel a teflon coated vehicle is easier to maintain. I got some hard tar spots on the sides. Wouldn't a teflon coating have made it easy to remove the tar spots? This now seems to be deeply embedded into the paint itself. I am yet to clay, polish and wax it. Ordered a clean and wax from Xenos online, but they credited the cash back, saying that online buying does not work now.
I also didnt do a teflon coating on Beat.Teflon coated cars do make me feel envy.But now we have this tar problem and tiny spots of paint comming out.Now I feel that teflon might have been a better idea.
I got the same 'water effect' on the day I applied turtle wax on the car.Even though it was a tedious job,it really pays off.

Last edited by bblost : 3rd November 2011 at 14:02. Reason: fixed quote tag.
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:00   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
However I decided not go with Beat as the it did not look spacious from inside. Max two people can sit easily and third person should be of zero size Also the sales person said the workshop is in Ambattur which is nearly 30 kms from my residence. The boot is small as well.
Finally I decided to go with the spacious Liva Petrol and feeling very happy with this new car.
I do not agree that the Beat is not spacious inside. Last day I compared it to a Polo side by side and was shocked to see the space (read leg space) it offers. Practically, there is no hump in the middle of the Beat, adding to the space. The leg space is even better than a Wagon-R (old) and the Ritz. Though, it is true that the back seat lacks thigh support and the boot space is a little less. But then, it depends on your requirement - do you use the boot or the back seats or the front seats often?

Any way, congrats on your new Liva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
It seems that if I can do a cash down , I can get a Red piece, but why this differentiation? Also, a new Car to be shipped will take a minimum of 10 days.
I do not know anything about Kropex. Still, In my general opinion, do not pay full amount upfront. Once they get the money, how can you make sure you do not get the "damaged" (!) red piece itself? I do not believe these dealership guys any more. Sorry.

If you really want a red, you have to compromise on the waiting period. But then, tell the dealership that you have to get at least an october model for sure. More over, tell them STERNLY that you want to see your vehicle BEFORE registering. Why do they want cash upfront? I for one would not budge to that. The dealer is supposed to allocate a vehicle to be shipped out from the factory once a vehicle is booked (In case of my dealership, they had much stock of cars, either in their yard, or with their sub-dealers in Kerala itself, so that they just did a PDI and delivered the vehicle within 2 days).
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:05   #2200
BHPian

Quote:

Attaching few snaps of my heart beat.

Attachment 836138
Lovely picture this one thoma!
That's the curve that made me fall for this car
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:10   #2201
BHPian

Guys,I am hearing a Knock sound from the Front-Right hand side of the car.I usually hear it during the first 2 KM every day.But I dont hear it all the time,only when I climb some perticular humps,sometimes when I breaks etc.I couldnt figure out its from shocks or arms.Anybody else faced this?Car is doing 11K odd's
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:36   #2202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Lovely picture this one thoma!
That's the curve that made me fall for this car
I fell for the LT version thanks to the round blue lights at night.

All along the history of mankind, he has been falling for all sorts of curves and rounds
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:43   #2203
BHPian

Quote:
I do not know anything about Kropex. Still, In my general opinion, do not pay full amount upfront. Once they get the money, how can you make sure you do not get the "damaged" (!) red piece itself? I do not believe these dealership guys any more. Sorry.
I have the easiest way out- i simply do not have any cash . So, I might agree to the green colour provided:
1. They deliver it this weekend
2. They compensate me in one way or other for me compromising on the colour choice. What say?
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:49   #2204
Senior - BHPian

Good that you are clear on your priorities. Some might wait for their choice of color, some might compromise on the color over the wait. I, for one had a priority for the latest piece, since my dealer had much stock. Even though the dealer had newer cars, he was not willing to let us know of it, and wanted to sell off older ones. So, my color choice was reduced to red, white and sandrift grey.

By the way, which version are you going for? Petrol or diesel?
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:59   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Guys,I am hearing a Knock sound from the Front-Right hand side of the car.I usually hear it during the first 2 KM every day.But I dont hear it all the time,only when I climb some perticular humps,sometimes when I breaks etc.I couldnt figure out its from shocks or arms.Anybody else faced this?Car is doing 11K odd's
Come on Guys,nobody faced this problem?
Experts,please guide me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks