Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:09   #2461
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Awesome adventure you had there.

Did Kropex charge you for fixing the door, covering the gashes, reviving your JVC? If so, how much?
No, Kropex did not charge a single penny apart from the cost of Antenna+Labor - around 500 +Change . But I definitely feel that the engine is opening up nicely after that longish run. And it was not covering the gash - there was simply no gash It was hard rubber from another car's fender protector.
Old 25th January 2012, 20:50   #2462
BHPian

Hey guys, is the resale value for BEAT falling or the below is a distress sale.
Used 2011 Chevrolet Beat LT Petrol (S271839) for sale in Pune - CarWale

I got mine for 3.7L(inclusive of overhead exp) which was 7 - 8 months used 6.5K kms run in December,fitted with good quality skin fit seat covers, sun-films and a roof mounted DVD/LCD player.
Old 30th January 2012, 12:17   #2463
BHPian

OT....but yesterday I saw a pink coloured Beat on Kasturba Road, Bangalore!!! Not a deep pink but something more like a fluorescent pink.

I stared at the car for quite sometime trying to judge whether it suits the beat or not. Really hope the lady sitting inside didnt think I was stalking her
Old 30th January 2012, 12:34   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Hey guys, is the resale value for BEAT falling or the below is a distress sale.
Used 2011 Chevrolet Beat LT Petrol (S271839) for sale in Pune - CarWale

I got mine for 3.7L(inclusive of overhead exp) which was 7 - 8 months used 6.5K kms run in December,fitted with good quality skin fit seat covers, sun-films and a roof mounted DVD/LCD player.
Don't worry about the resale just yet Beat Petrol has got little less resale value. I was getting LT (O) 9000km run 1.5yrs old at 3.65L in pune, very good condition car.

I think both our posts are best suited in 'Used cars price' thread.
Old 30th January 2012, 20:33   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
OT....but yesterday I saw a pink coloured Beat on Kasturba Road, Bangalore!!! Not a deep pink but something more like a fluorescent pink.

I stared at the car for quite sometime trying to judge whether it suits the beat or not. Really hope the lady sitting inside didnt think I was stalking her
Pink?

Guys,I am thinking of upgrading front speakers to Jbl Gt5-s204 2-way Coaxial.This was the choice I found from some of the post here.Is it a right choise?Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 30th January 2012, 21:46   #2466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
Pink?

Guys,I am thinking of upgrading front speakers to Jbl Gt5-s204 2-way Coaxial.This was the choice I found from some of the post here.Is it a right choise?Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
yes Pink

Sorry I dont have much idea about speakers but I did also read about the Jbl Gt5 somewhere in this thread. Just a Q, are you only planning on upgrading the front ones and not the rear?

On a different note, I wanted to ask all beat owners this, I am going for my first service on Wednesday. I was wondering If there was something I could tell the service guys to do regarding the acceleration, especially in second gear with A/C on?
Also, though its early days, my fuel economy seems to nothing more than 10-12. Though A/C is on 85% of times and its mostly hopeless bangalore city traffic, my complete sedate driving makes me wonder if I should be getting better FE?
Old 30th January 2012, 22:11   #2467
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
yes Pink

Sorry I dont have much idea about speakers but I did also read about the Jbl Gt5 somewhere in this thread. Just a Q, are you only planning on upgrading the front ones and not the rear?

On a different note, I wanted to ask all beat owners this, I am going for my first service on Wednesday. I was wondering If there was something I could tell the service guys to do regarding the acceleration, especially in second gear with A/C on?
Also, though its early days, my fuel economy seems to nothing more than 10-12. Though A/C is on 85% of times and its mostly hopeless bangalore city traffic, my complete sedate driving makes me wonder if I should be getting better FE?
Yes.Just front speakers for time being.Vitamin M is low now.

You can ask for 2nd gear drivability improvement.But for sure,It will kill your FE.It will be like jumping in dry well .
Why did you ask about rear speakers?
Old 31st January 2012, 08:12   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Yes.Just front speakers for time being.Vitamin M is low now.

You can ask for 2nd gear drivability improvement.But for sure,It will kill your FE.It will be like jumping in dry well .
Why did you ask about rear speakers?
Hey Thats Copyright Infringement!!

I generally asked since both the front and rear speakers have dismal performance, so If I had to choose to upgrade one of them, I wouldnt be sure, haha.

My FE is already dead, I dont think I want to kill it any further. Btw what FE did you get in the early days of your beat?
Old 31st January 2012, 16:40   #2469
BHPian

Quote:
Btw what FE did you get in the early days of your beat?
Best question to ask me

If you can read the previous post,you will understand.I strogly believe I am the person in this forum who did the most R&D on FE part.I was getting 9-11 km/l in the begining.
Old 31st January 2012, 18:02   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Best question to ask me

If you can read the previous post,you will understand.I strogly believe I am the person in this forum who did the most R&D on FE part.I was getting 9-11 km/l in the begining.
Then its about time I started doing research about the research you did. I am also getting 9-11km/l actually. Not sure whats going on considering my driving style right now.

Would it be possible for you to give me a gist of how you solved this problem. Come to think of it I did remember reading about this sometime back.
Old 31st January 2012, 21:30   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Then its about time I started doing research about the research you did. I am also getting 9-11km/l actually. Not sure whats going on considering my driving style right now.

Would it be possible for you to give me a gist of how you solved this problem. Come to think of it I did remember reading about this sometime back.
You need to use XXXY4 regular ECU program and need an nice ECU reset.try to use 3rd gear maximum and lesser 2nd gear(Beat's 3rd gear is just AWSOME).Do not accelerate in declined roads and if possible put tyre pressure around 35. This will improve your FE.You can find more about reset in previous posts.
white-rabbit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 21:44   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
You need to use XXXY4 regular ECU program and need an nice ECU reset.try to use 3rd gear maximum and lesser 2nd gear(Beat's 3rd gear is just AWSOME).Do not accelerate in declined roads and if possible put tyre pressure around 35. This will improve your FE.You can find more about reset in previous posts.
Yes, I was checking out pages 150 onwards in this thread. Found exactly what you said mentioned and a good discussion with other beat owners.

Difficult to stay in 3rd in Bangalore traffic, probably burn out the clutch Will try though and also increase my psi.
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:31   #2473
BHPian

Guys,Now I am getting 16.5KM/L on an avg with 80% AC in Bangalore traffic.
But the Thud sound still persist
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:20   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
But the Thud sound still persist
Whats your driving style like?

I just checked my fuel economy yesterday, my beat did 354kms and binge'd 30.48 ltrs of petrol giving a FE of 11.6km/l

Last edited by superutp : 2nd February 2012 at 22:32.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:26   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unbelievable! Haven't you been getting only around 10-12 kmpl in city earlier? Can you attribute any specific cause for the increase in FE other than the ECU resets? Have you checked FE on any long drives recently?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks