Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2012, 18:04   #2506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
^ You mean the pollen filter? If you had searched this thread for 'pollen filter' you would have got the answer

How to remove the pollen filter is detailed in the owner's manual. Just be careful you dont break the clips by using extra force. You can also go through this page - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2160705

P.S. You have to remove the glove box first (no tools required) and then you will reach the pollen filter. I do not think you can use water on the pollen filter. Compressed air or vacuum cleaning is enough. Mine had lizard droppings and dry leaves in it when I first inspected it as a DIY!
Hi Thoma,

Thanks for the guidance. Managed to clean the air filter. The smell is mostly gone . Also, I was in for a few surprises as I found newspaper pieces, bits of twigs, dry leaves, a whole lot of dust and what not. 50% cleaned by beating against wall and the rest using vacuum cleaner. Result: smell gone, cabin cooling way quicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
FE results in for my Beat. My car's done 1300kms till now. This time around 307kms, 26.18 ltrs giving 11.7km/l. Compared to 11.6 last time and 12 before that.
This is in 90% city traffic, 10% mostly Elevated tollway with A/c 70% of the times on.

Sedate driving, under 2.5k RPM most of the times. Makes me wonder if I should have bought a diesel Beat instead!!!
Try keeping the revs at 2K or under and your mileage will improve surely. Mine did!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th February 2012 at 17:52. Reason: Please use multi-quote option next time round.
Old 15th February 2012, 18:17   #2507
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Next I have on the list is again a paint job! Though not a DIY this time.
I am planning to get the hood and the front air dam painted black.
The hood currently holds a dent that it suffered during the recent Thane storm here. So the painting will be done along with the tinkering work that's due next month
Time for the next update!
The hood and air dam have now been painted black! Also painted the ORVMs black for i felt that kinda completes the look along with the smoked tail lamps and black wheels

Here are the pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1546.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1550.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1574.jpg  

Auto freak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 18:30   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Try keeping the revs at 2K or under and your mileage will improve surely. Mine did!!
trying my best this time around, but pretty much struggling thanks to variable traffic.

Quote:
The hood and air dam have now been painted black! Also painted the ORVMs black for i felt that kinda completes the look along with the smoked tail lamps and black wheels

Here are the pics!
Man!! Sweet decked up ride!! I especially like the last photo!

Was the painting also DIY? Request for a rear 3/4th profile pic (wanna see the smoked tailamps on a red beat)?
btw did you think about keeping the area around the airdam like it is in international Beat's?
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 19:02   #2509
BHPian

Quote:

Here are the pics!
I think you inspiration is this one:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...essories-5.jpg

Go for a projector setup with smoked reflectors for the head lights to complement the black-red theme
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 19:19   #2510
BHPian

Quote:
Man!! Sweet decked up ride!! I especially like the last photo!

Was the painting also DIY? Request for a rear 3/4th profile pic (wanna see the smoked tailamps on a red beat)?
btw did you think about keeping the area around the airdam like it is in international Beat's?
Thank you Superutp!
The last pic is my fav too. shot that in HDR on my iphone. (Actually this is the only pic that has ever come out well in that HDR mode! :P)
Not a DIY this! My painting skills are next to nothing actually. So didn't want to risk!

The inspiration for the air dam was indeed the international Beat. And another white KL reg Beat posted in the same thread long back which had its air dam blacked out. It was actually even better than what i ve achieved on mine!
EDIT: This is it! Managed to find it now!: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2372479

I ve posted a few pics of the smoked tail lamps here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2647565
Though I am so sure you have seen these! Will post better pics soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I think you inspiration is this one:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...essories-5.jpg

Go for a projector setup with smoked reflectors for the head lights to complement the black-red theme
Thanks a lot Salbin!

Exactly! This and the international Beat were my inspiration
Projectors?! err.. That would mean a lot of savings! hehee

Last edited by Auto freak : 15th February 2012 at 19:23.
Old 15th February 2012, 19:52   #2511
BHPian

My Post number 100

Quote:
Thank you Superutp!
The last pic is my fav too. shot that in HDR on my iphone. (Actually this is the only pic that has ever come out well in that HDR mode! :P)
Not a DIY this! My painting skills are next to nothing actually. So didn't want to risk!

The inspiration for the air dam was indeed the international Beat. And another white KL reg Beat posted in the same thread long back which had its air dam blacked out. It was actually even better than what i ve achieved on mine!
EDIT: This is it! Managed to find it now!: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2372479
Well I remember seeing that white beat a few days back when I was going over Salbin's thread. Actually my question was about why you painted the portion below the air dam black? Keeping it red would make it look like the international Beat??

and btw that last pic is fit for a desktop wallpaper!!

Quote:
I ve posted a few pics of the smoked tail lamps here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2647565
Though I am so sure you have seen these! Will post better pics soon
can't believe I forgot about those pics, partial amnesia!! Thats exactly when I noticed you had 175s!!!

Last edited by superutp : 15th February 2012 at 19:55.
Old 15th February 2012, 20:24   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
My Post number 100
Actually my question was about why you painted the portion below the air dam black? Keeping it red would make it look like the international Beat??
Congrats on your 100th post! Your 0-100 sprint has been pretty fast comparing mine!

True! Even i wanted to keep the portion below the air dam red. But that area had lost some paint due to stones hitting it. It was having a lot of spots as though it was shot blast by small stones on the road.
So decided to cover it up in black!

Man! maintaining a black car must be tough! i already see a sheet of dust on the hood! it was polished just a few hours back!
Old 15th February 2012, 20:47   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your 100th post! Your 0-100 sprint has been pretty fast comparing mine!
Well the Beat does have 81BHP somewhere in there!!!

Quote:

Man! maintaining a black car must be tough! i already see a sheet of dust on the hood! it was polished just a few hours back!
Tell me about it! One minute she is clean, the next she isnt. You often wonder if you were imagining her being clean in the first place.

Black and Red is an awesome combo. Suits the Beat a lot and as Salbin said, get projectors and the works, the look will be complete!!

In the future when I get alloys, its going to be black ones with red lining.

Last edited by superutp : 15th February 2012 at 20:48.
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 17:02   #2514
BHPian

Wanted to update you guys over the mileage.

I had a round trip of mahabaleshwar from Navi Mumbai in a single day covering a total of 540 Kms.

Total trip meter: 565.1
Unit price of petrol: 69.93
Total petrol consumed: 27.8 ltrs
Fuel Efficiency: 20.33 Km/L
Mr.Beat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 02:50   #2515
BHPian

Mr.Beat
That is very good FE considering a part of the drive was in a hilly area.
Which route did you take?
Regards

Last edited by faustus77 : 20th February 2012 at 02:57.
Old 20th February 2012, 22:24   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Mr.Beat
That is very good FE considering a part of the drive was in a hilly area.
Which route did you take?
Regards
Well, Navi Mumbai-Eway-Pune(Went Inside Kothrud to pick up a friend)-Pune bang highway- turn right after some 40 odd kms- drive through ghats- panchgani- mahabaleshwar. Same way back.

The A/c was on for about 50% of times.

I think i could have reached 22kmpl if driven lil better especially through the ghats
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 11:12   #2517
BHPian

Guys,

Any way of installing fog lamps from external sources? OEM ones are way too costly!!
Old 21st February 2012, 15:02   #2518
BHPian

Guyz, has anyone tried the box type speaker mount? I have seen it for sub-woofer's in all the cars including beat, but could not find for speakers. I have a parcel tray plank which I want to remove and use box for the same. Else I might have to mount them on the speaker mesh provided in the vehicle. Mine is a 6" oval speaker. If anyone has seen or known about those kind of boxes used in beat, please let me know, if possible with the cost and place too..

Last edited by informmaha : 21st February 2012 at 15:03.
Old 21st February 2012, 23:09   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Guyz, has anyone tried the box type speaker mount? I have seen it for sub-woofer's in all the cars including beat, but could not find for speakers. I have a parcel tray plank which I want to remove and use box for the same. Else I might have to mount them on the speaker mesh provided in the vehicle. Mine is a 6" oval speaker. If anyone has seen or known about those kind of boxes used in beat, please let me know, if possible with the cost and place too..
Are you looking for this type speaker boxes?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2492965
Old 21st February 2012, 23:21   #2520
Senior - BHPian

Though not sure on whether I'll implement this, I very much liked the decals on this Santro and could be a perfect eye-candy on the Beat. Would like to know the cost and availability of the same, if anyone is aware.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-picture_44195.jpg

Source : http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...i/Santro.html/
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks