Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 20:41   #2761
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
I suggest you don't sell it. Petrol Chevy though might attract petrol heads but the fuel hike will work against you. Why not use it sparingly and hope for a miracle? (read rollback of fuel prices)
Thinking of switching over to a diesel hatch as my business related travel is going to increase in the coming months. Besides, petrol prices are only going to increase in the future. You know how it works, increase Rs.5 to 7 and then reduce Rs.2. And once Chevy introduces an updated version resale value might dip further.
Old 21st June 2012, 20:57   #2762
BHPian

I think the Chevy is capable of giving you decent mileage on the highway. But of course it's your personal choice. Well, it is a catch 22 situation. You know how good the car is, so you might want to sell it to someone who wants to buy it for what it is and not degrade its value just because it's a petrol.

Why not hold on for a couple of months and maybe travel a bit in it to analyze how much it's affecting you? Wouldn't the loss of value because of re-sale also burn a hole in your pocket?

It's really upto you. It's a little complicated so I suggest you think of all possibilities before you decide on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
Thinking of switching over to a diesel hatch as my business related travel is going to increase in the coming months. Besides, petrol prices are only going to increase in the future. You know how it works, increase Rs.5 to 7 and then reduce Rs.2. And once Chevy introduces an updated version resale value might dip further.
Old 22nd June 2012, 00:12   #2763
BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to sell my Chevy Beat, white, petrol 2010 model which has done close to 15000kms. Any idea on how much I might get for it?
Hi Suv100
Mine is also may 2010 and done less than 15000 kms.
What would we get?Before the recent price hike and in Nov 2011 the agent who was introduced through the dealer quoted 2.25.At that time the car had done less than 12000 km.
Could somebody also please reply to my query of servicing posted last night?
Thanks and regards
Old 22nd June 2012, 18:11   #2764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Can I get the service done at a petrol pump nearby? Oil change was 4000 kms earlier.
I suppose your car has done around 15000 km and the last oil change was 4000 km earlier, so there is no need of oil change for at least next 6000 km.
Quote:
Is it necessary to adjust ECU settings every time you get your car serviced?
No, ECU is not remapped during the servicing unless there is any complaint or issues reported by the customer.
Quote:
What about the battery checkup and the rust checkup?
As the car is only 2 years old I don't think there should be underbody rust or any problem with the battery.
At 15000 km your car needs
1. Air Filter Cleaning,
2. Checking/Top up of Coolant (only distil water needs to be added), Wind Screen Washer Fluid (only distil/RO water with Wind Shield Cleaner needs to be added), Brake Fluid Oil & Power Steering Oil (I suppose they should be within the MAX -MIN marks and if less needs only Top Up with grade as recommended in Owners Manual (Owner Manual is also available in the Website of Chevrolet India).
3. Battery Water Level if found low, needs only top up with distil water.
4. Lubrication of Locks, Hinges and Hood Latch.
All the above jobs can be done by any service station.

Apart from above you may need to get
1. Throttle Body Cleaning & IACV Cleaning - which should be done preferably at authorised service station or reputed garage.
2. Wheel Balancing/Tyre Rotation/Wheel Allignment, if required - can be done at any reputed Balancing/Allignment Shop.

Quote:
I'm planning to sell my Chevy Beat, white, petrol 2010 model which has done close to 15000kms. Any idea on how much I might get for it?
Quote:
Mine is also may 2010 and done less than 15000 kms. What would we get?
Depending upon the variant you will get between 2 lacs to 2.5 lacs. I won't advice you to sale the car as you will have to spend atleast 2.5 to 3 lacs more for a diesel car. Even if you drive 1500 km per month and even if petrol cost rise to Rs. 100/litre. It will take another 4-5 years to recover 2.5 to 3 lac rupees that you will pay extra for diesel car. Though I have not added extra insurance cost, extra servicing cost, interest on loan (if car taken on loan), depreciation and also return you will get if you invest 2.5 to 3 lacs somewhere else. If your running is going to be around 3000 km per month then only you would be able to recover extra paid cost in 2 to 2.5 years.

Last edited by Topolino : 22nd June 2012 at 18:13.
Topolino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 21:27   #2765
BHPian

Hi Chevy beat owners.
I realize that the standard warranty of a Beat diesel is 3 years/1,00,000 kms. My question is, is there any additional extended warranty over this 3 year period that is being offered by Chevy? My colleague recently bought the TCDi version and was told by the Service manager that he could opt for an extended warranty of additional 2 more years, thereby making it a whooping 5 years coverage. Just wanted to confirm if this is indeed true. If true I think this would be the car with the best warranty coverage in India right now?
Old 22nd June 2012, 23:07   #2766
BHPian

Topolino
Hi
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.Appreciated the way you have replied point to point.
I am not looking for a diesel per se but a car which my daughter can drive to office.As she is 5' I am a bit worried about the visibility.I am 5'5" and had difficulty in negotiating the left sided hairpin bend specially above the Zojila pass(the pass was closed).It was frightening at places.
You are bang on.Have done less than 4000 kms since the last service at the authorised center(nov 2011).Changed oil/filter and they checked all the other oils.Unfortunately they have closed down.They did an excellent job with the ECU setting.Got 20+KMPL on my recent trip to northwest Gujarat
Noticed some rust and the 3M guys treated it.
What is a throttle body cleaning?Havnt heard of it before.Dont know if it was done at the time of last service.Is it done when the car is fully serviced or we have to ask them to do it?
AC vents I think that was done.As suggested by a member here got the anti bacterial treatment done.
Did the wheel alignment/balancing/rotation 2 months back.Rechecked and adjusted the alignment on 15th june.
The problem is that the service center near my place gave problems(twice) to a teambhp member.
Wondering what to do.Or should I skip the six month service and wait for the monsoon to get over and then do everything.
Please guide.
Thanks once again
Regards
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:00   #2767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
If true I think this would be the car with the best warranty coverage in India right now?
My Beat LT Petrol May 2010 Model is running with 5 year extended warranty which I opted at the time of delivery. Initially Beat Diesel was not provided with the extended warranty. Recently they had introduced that too. What I believe is, few months back Beat diesel was further tuned to achieve most mileage car in India and they may had hit the sweet spot of ultimate reliability for transmission and engine.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:01   #2768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
My Beat LT Petrol May 2010 Model is running with 5 year extended warranty which I opted at the time of delivery.
Is it provided by the company or is it a dealer specific warranty?
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:18   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Is it provided by the company or is it a dealer specific warranty?
From the company only.
Old 23rd June 2012, 14:49   #2770
BHPian

Just had my Right ORVMs hit by a careless biker on Brigade Road. Thank god that it goes both ways, would have been a goner otherwise!!

A must feature on all cars in Indian traffic conditions!!
Old 23rd June 2012, 17:08   #2771
BHPian

That is what I keep stressing on. If you see a biker trying to somehow trying to sneak in, increase the speed and keep the left or right side blocked. This will prevent damage. You won't believe it but your car is in most danger on red lights when these bikers will try to sneak in every gap.

I learnt it the hard way. I am not the sweetest person to bikers. I find them reckless and suicidal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp
Just had my Right ORVMs hit by a careless biker on Brigade Road. Thank god that it goes both ways, would have been a goner otherwise!!

A must feature on all cars in Indian traffic conditions!!
Old 25th June 2012, 11:17   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Topolino
I am not looking for a diesel per se but a car which my daughter can drive to office.As she is 5' I am a bit worried about the visibility.I am 5'5" and had difficulty in negotiating the left sided hairpin bend specially above the Zojila pass(the pass was closed).It was frightening at places.
Sir, I would suggest you to get your car exchanged for Maruti alto k10/, Wagon R, Hyundai i10/Eon, Chevrolet Spark or Tata Nano at Authorised Dealer. You will get resale value + exchange bonus & will have to pay little extra.
Quote:
Have done less than 4000 kms since the last service at the authorised center(nov 2011)...
Wondering what to do.Or should I skip the six month service and wait for the monsoon to get over and then do everything.
IMHO you can wait till Nov 12 for next servicing.

Quote:
What is a throttle body cleaning?Havnt heard of it before.Dont know if it was done at the time of last service.Is it done when the car is fully serviced or we have to ask them to do it?
As in new cars Exhaust Gases are recirculated in the intake manifold just after throttle body, the carbon and greasy material tends to get deposited on the throttle bodle and idle air control valve, thereby needing periodic cleaning. It is usually done at the time of full servicing.
Old 25th June 2012, 18:50   #2773
BHPian

30k service coming up next week, any pointers? Cost incurred by fellow beat owners during 30k service?

P.S.: Have read the manual and seems like a lot of things are going to be replaced. That includes "brakes". I'm assuming they meant brake pads, which have already been replaced during 20k service. Also, spark plugs are scheduled for a change, do not feel that's needed though. Is opting out an option in such cases?
Old 25th June 2012, 22:40   #2774
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th June 2012 at 13:04. Reason: Please carefully read the note in your post, thanks
jeganatu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th June 2012, 00:25   #2775
BHPian

Topolino
Hi.
Thanks a lot for your helpful hints.
Yesterday i.e 24th june there was a free premonsoon check up.
They checked more than 50 parameters and okayed all.
The senior most technical person suggested that I wait for 30000 kms for throttle body cleaning and IACV cleaning.
I mentioned to him that I changed the oil(Quartz 7000 GMO 4B used)at 11000 kms.His suggestion was that I change the oil after driving for 15000 kms ie.when odo reads 26000 kms.Does this oil last that long?I am a bit sceptical.
They washed/vacuumed the car thoroughly so will heed your suggestion.Will not do the servicing until after the monsoon.
Except for i10,specially the automatic model, nothing looks else looks good.Wagon R is dated,my daughter doesnt like the spark(I love it).Will think it over and decide.
Thnks a lot once again and regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks