Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2012, 10:07   #2806
BHPian

Quote:
My city FE ranges from 10.2 -12 kmpl (but then, as I have mentioned before, I do rev up) and I have had only 2 proper highway runs, one of them gave 18 odd kmpl and the other 15.
May I know the average speed you maintained when you got 18kmpl on HW. My speeds was 85 to 110 when I got 16.5 kmpl.
Old 10th August 2012, 10:20   #2807
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
May I know the average speed you maintained when you got 18kmpl on HW. My speeds was 85 to 110 when I got 16.5 kmpl.
It was 70-80 in fifth gear most of the times. The best FE is while in 5th gear is when keeping the engine spinning between 2-2.5k.
Old 10th August 2012, 12:01   #2808
BHPian

I wonder if a certain someone down south has a stupid grin on his face as my F.E goes down. Haha!

The water logging and the chaos in traffic is killing my car. Imagine commuting 15 kms one way only to hit the higher gears for a distance of 2-3 kms.

I am going to change pumps if I don't hit 13 this time.

Shame on you rev happy fellow that you're actually paying heed to what I have to say. Lol.

By the way I drove like you do when I did Del-Mum-Del and yes the Beat is rev happy minus the AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp

Dude! seriously!

How dare you only get 12 as your FE!! shame on your '2k guru' title! water logging is not an excuse!

I dont know why but I keep revving up the engine even though I know it clobbers the FE.

Have been driving with the AC off a few times nowadays and wow, the Beat feels so much more zippy' er and fun' er to drive.
Old 13th August 2012, 16:46   #2809
Senior - BHPian

Approximately how many liters of petrol is left in the tank, when low fuel yellow indicator light comes on and one bar of fuel indicator starts blinking ?

How many kilometers can I drive safely in this situation ?
Old 13th August 2012, 20:46   #2810
BHPian

RM I've noticed around the last 4 bars its close to 7 ltrs and on 3 bars close to 5.5 ltrs. So do the math.

F.E. Update :

13.30 on a tank to tank basis. 100 % city driving during peak hours. 80% AC usage. I've become a little careful with the change of gears and it seems to have pushed the F.E towards the 13 mark again, last time it was down to 12.
Old 13th August 2012, 21:22   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Approximately how many liters of petrol is left in the tank, when low fuel yellow indicator light comes on and one bar of fuel indicator starts blinking ?

How many kilometers can I drive safely in this situation ?
As far as my Beat goes, once the yellow light blinks, there is around 4 ltrs left. The max I have gone up till is 30kms. To be safe go about 20-30 kms and no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
F.E. Update :

13.30 on a tank to tank basis. 100 % city driving during peak hours. 80% AC usage. I've become a little careful with the change of gears and it seems to have pushed the F.E towards the 13 mark again, last time it was down to 12.
Nice way to wipe the stupid grin off the face of a guy down south!!

13.30 in peak traffic conditions is like a dream for me!
Old 13th August 2012, 21:33   #2812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post

Nice way to wipe the stupid grin off the face of a guy down south!!

13.30 in peak traffic conditions is like a dream for me!
Hahaha how I've waited for you to check this thread. Now I feel smug. I thought of you at the fuel station today

Anyway, that's because of your wheel upgrade. But take no credit away from Mr 2k
Old 14th August 2012, 11:17   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Hahaha how I've waited for you to check this thread. Now I feel smug. I thought of you at the fuel station today

Anyway, that's because of your wheel upgrade. But take no credit away from Mr 2k

Enjoy your 13kmpl while you can, meanwhile Ill engage myself in some Black Magic to transform you out of Mr.2k

On a serious note, I dont think my tyres have got anything to do with my 10+ kmpl. Its more a case of an itchy right foot & stupid desire to rev off into the sunset.
Old 15th August 2012, 18:21   #2814
BHPian

My baby got 2 new eyes today!
These are Hella Rallye 500FF

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0257.jpg

It was instinctual decision taken while browsing through this site in the morning. It grew over me so fast!

This is a WIP pic showing the angles being welded on to the frame.
The welding wasnt complete yet when this pic was clicked. Got a strong welding done and got it painted over to prevent rusting

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_0249.jpg

Last edited by Auto freak : 15th August 2012 at 18:49.
Auto freak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 13:12   #2815
BHPian

Take a look at this video of comparison of hatchbacks by overdrive magazine.

Beat does not score very well in ingress outgress and interior comfort and space.

Old 18th August 2012, 16:05   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
My baby got 2 new eyes today!
These are Hella Rallye 500FF

Attachment 970349

This is a WIP pic showing the angles being welded on to the frame.
The welding wasnt complete yet when this pic was clicked. Got a strong welding done and got it painted over to prevent rusting

Attachment 970350
Hey. That looks cool. How's the lighting?
Once you have to get the High Security Number Plates, wouldn't you have to shift both the lights away from each other (the HSNP being much bigger than the number plate you currently have)?

I got Hella 500 Black Magic installed on my Beat in a similar manner, slightly above the same points.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-wp_000046.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-wp_000053.jpg

You can view my ownership review here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-ice-more.html

One suggestion, please ask your mechanic to bolt those angles to the crossbar. Welding is usually susceptible to breaks when there is vibration (which will be there on the angles).

I didn't have the stock fog lights and was somehow inclined towards Hellas. Please share the costs, if you are comfortable.

Cheers,
Sam

Last edited by samarth.bhatia : 18th August 2012 at 16:15.
Old 18th August 2012, 16:40   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
i've had a similar high pitched sound after the car had been running for more than half an hour, turns out the fuel pump had cracked and I had caught it just in time before it gave out. if you wanna just take a look, lift up the back seat and you'll see the fuel pump, see if the sound is coming from there, if theres any excessive vibration. few service people will ever think of checking the fuel pump. hope that helps!
Oh dear! I have the same sound coming from my Beat!!
And it's been there since quite some time now.

I believe it should be covered under warranty.
I doubt if my car will still have the warranty active or not, with all the modifications!

Sam
Old 18th August 2012, 17:53   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia

Hey. That looks cool. How's the lighting?
Once you have to get the High Security Number Plates, wouldn't you have to shift both the lights away from each other (the HSNP being much bigger than the number plate you currently have)?

I got Hella 500 Black Magic installed on my Beat in a similar manner, slightly above the same points.
Thanks Sam! Your ride looks awesome! Love those wheels and tyres.

Lighting from my Hellas are good but I would have liked a wider spread of beam.

And I'm experiencing little vibration on the Hellas on bad roads. So didn't use them much. Should get it sorted out next week. Will also try bolting on to the cross bar.

I got the lights for 4.5K and tinkering took 400

Ya even I thought the same about lamp placements when HSRP is enforced but only after fitment. Will have to relocate then.
Have you drilled the bumper for the fitment?
Old 18th August 2012, 17:53   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Oh dear! I have the same sound coming from my Beat!!
And it's been there since quite some time now.

I believe it should be covered under warranty.
I doubt if my car will still have the warranty active or not, with all the modifications!

Sam
I have this issue and had posted a video about this in April. Had brought this up with the Service guys during my 5k service. They said a fuel pump replacement is in order. Didnt get it done since the fuel was not in stock, haven't got it done yet, however, the sound has disappeared for the time being.

Here is the video below. I assume its the same noise for you also-

superutp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 23:59   #2820
BHPian

Hello Everyone!!!

I am going to take delivery of a Beat 1.2LS in the coming days and need help of fellow Beat owners. It will be great if someone can help me with a PDI list for inspecting the new car before taking delivery.

I plan to get the under-body rust protection done from the ASC right after delivery. Do I really need to get it done? I am also thinking about getting some paint protection treatment? Any suggestions?

I will also be really thankful if somebody can tell me the odd but important things that need to be taken care (like tyre upgrade right after purchase, etc etc).

I also wish to know the list of accessories (price/manufacturer etc) that I need to buy. Any important long term maintenance/To-Do's list is also welcome.

I request everyone to help me with my queries and I will be really thankful .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks