Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 22:25   #3016
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
But your signature says something different Is that official one or from a die hard Chevy fan?
official one and i get the feeling you are one of the proud owners of our Beat
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:35   #3017
BHPian

Alright, so i had been to the service center and the experience is thoroughly .

1. Brake Juddering problem ( As described by SA)

He asked me to get the front discs ( who was calling it dic*s ) skimmed as they had uneven wear. Cost 800 /-

Problem solved

2. Front dashboard noise

He asked me to keep the car for 1-2 days to get to the bottom of the problem.

Problem Not resolved.

I have to take the car back again ( for the 3rd time) to get this problem solved.
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:42   #3018
Senior - BHPian

Hi Beaties (Beat Owners),

My Petrol Beat LT's 20, 000 kms Service is due on 7th April. Any pointers on specific items to check, apart from the regular washing - tightening job ?
I have noise complaints, but I know what to ask and how to deal with it.

One important thing, the suspension seems to have become extremely soft and the ground clearance seems to have reduced. Off late, I am scraping the car's underbody at the hump in front of my apartment. Can someone guide me on what to check for this problem ?

Ohh one more thing. I am hearing fuel pump noise during driving too. I will try to get it checked and if needed replaced. Will replacing the fuel pump have any direct impact on the mileage of the car ? Or is it an independent component ? I am satisfied with 15kmpl mileage and don't want to mess up anything.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 2nd April 2013 at 12:46.
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:29   #3019
Senior - BHPian

I was searching You Tube on how to replace Wiper Blades for my Beat and came across this 2013 Chevy Spark Review.
As we all know, its a Chevy Beat in India, elsewhere its Chevy Spark.

So the 2013 model looks B-E-A-utiful !!! The guy in the video acts funny. Nevertheless, the interiors, specially the instrument panel (Speedo, ICE, etc) look nice. The side blinkers (above the fenders) is gone. No blinkers on ORVM also. And the Alloys - They are A-M-A-zing !!! Not sure if its an OEM or Aftermarket alloy.

The Black plastic strip under the rear bumper has been replaced with the body-coloured strip. The integrated front Fog Lamps look nice too (seems like picked from Polo though).

More Videos !!!

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 3rd April 2013 at 12:32.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:53   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Alright, so i had been to the service center and the experience is thoroughly .

1. Brake Juddering problem ( As described by SA)

He asked me to get the front discs ( who was calling it dic*s ) skimmed as they had uneven wear. Cost 800 /-
Its disc brake pad I guess, if you have to replace the brake dic*s it will be not less than 3K per disc IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Godspeed View Post
official one and i get the feeling you are one of the proud owners of our Beat
Hmm.. To be honest am not that proud because of the sluggishness in 2nd gear even though am used to it, its popping up at times.

The built quality is under suspicion especially the body panel thickness. I feel sad when ever I compare even with a Alto where the panel is so solid than our Beat. I had many soft dents on the sides contributed during these 3 years time. Once mine and a friend's car trapped in loose beach sand. There were many students who helped us from that situation but once I came back and inspected the body.. there were many soft dents on the sides due to pushing My friend's Wagon R had a tough time than mine but his car suffered only one but slightly bigger dent on one side. If you push the side panels with your finger it will tend to bend.

Last week went for a general checkup at SVC, installed the RS-RVM for 1200~ which was absent till now but my brother desperately needs that. Given a fuel additive treatment for 500/- Rear brake cylinders are replaced @900~each+440 labour. The real shock came later, general check up labour which includes the RVM installation and boot lock was not engaging properly=some rattling sound was corrected just by tapping the lock hook by some hammering cost me 1000/- No washing, cleaning was involved just the above said labour. Total bill as 52XX/- When I enquired about this exorbitant labour they said, general checkup labour cost is like that only. I was in hurry as my family was waiting for an outing so just paid the money and left the SVC and there was enough scenes going on with another 1 year old Beat owner who was asked to pay some hefty amount after service. I don't know the exact details but he was shouting like a mad person that he is not going to take delivery of the car as the total service cost was reached nearly 40K during the first year itself, why can't this treated as manufacturing defect?

If Chevy wants rob the customers like this, the ultimate losers will be GM only as the people will look for other alternative trusted places to carry out the periodic services after warranty period. That's what am planning to on the next service as long as there's no part replacement.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:52   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Its disc brake pad I guess, if you have to replace the brake dic*s it will be not less than 3K per disc IIRC.

Hmm.. To be honest am not that proud because of the sluggishness in 2nd gear even though am used to it, its popping up at times.

The built quality is under suspicion especially the body panel thickness. I feel sad when ever I compare even with a Alto where the panel is so solid than our Beat. I had many soft dents on the sides contributed during these 3 years time. Once mine and a friend's car trapped in loose beach sand. There were many students who helped us from that situation but once I came back and inspected the body.. there were many soft dents on the sides due to pushing My friend's Wagon R had a tough time than mine but his car suffered only one but slightly bigger dent on one side. If you push the side panels with your finger it will tend to bend.

Last week went for a general checkup at SVC, installed the RS-RVM for 1200~ which was absent till now but my brother desperately needs that. Given a fuel additive treatment for 500/- Rear brake cylinders are replaced @900~each+440 labour. The real shock came later, general check up labour which includes the RVM installation and boot lock was not engaging properly=some rattling sound was corrected just by tapping the lock hook by some hammering cost me 1000/- No washing, cleaning was involved just the above said labour. Total bill as 52XX/- When I enquired about this exorbitant labour they said, general checkup labour cost is like that only. I was in hurry as my family was waiting for an outing so just paid the money and left the SVC and there was enough scenes going on with another 1 year old Beat owner who was asked to pay some hefty amount after service. I don't know the exact details but he was shouting like a mad person that he is not going to take delivery of the car as the total service cost was reached nearly 40K during the first year itself, why can't this treated as manufacturing defect?

If Chevy wants rob the customers like this, the ultimate losers will be GM only as the people will look for other alternative trusted places to carry out the periodic services after warranty period. That's what am planning to on the next service as long as there's no part replacement.
Build quality can not be compared to Maruti! Chevrolet cars are miles ahead in build quality compared to Maruti. But the beach incident and one finger dent is questionable as you cant be sure how they pushed both cars. (fort kochi beach?)

Chevrolet promise retail scheme = 3 years or 45,000 kilometers (whichever is earlier) this comes in handy. And where is the service done? i don't have much news about kerala Chevy but i can provide you a consultants number there and i am sure he can handle all you Chevy needs.
Team_Godspeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 22:10   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
You know what's funny they keep calling to remind me my service is due but I don't know why it sounds like 'hey we're broke..we need your money, just come in already'.

My brake pads were changed at 22k and that too without my permission. The last visit I had to cough up 7.5 k for my 30 k service.

Funny they charge so much but leave behind evident traces of little or no servicing. When a customer asks for Wheel alignment he knows what he's talking about and within 3-4 minutes of driving, he will know what you're upto. They tried to convince me that it was all in my mind till I asked them to drive and sat on the co-passenger seat & forced him to leave the steering and the car drifted. Mind you this was on a completely flat road. They apologized and corrected it. It took them 3 attempts.

Companies like Chevrolet should realize wasting a customer's time is as bad as wasting his money. If I have to haggle for 2 hours to get a service I've paid for I'd rather get it done outside.

Everything is not right at Chevy. They're going from bad to worse. God knows what all hasn't caught my attention yet.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 14:27   #3023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
My brake pads were changed at 22k and that too without my permission. The last visit I had to cough up 7.5 k for my 30 k service.
Hey Abhishek,

My 20k service is due this weekend. As I have requested, any pointers for this service ? My request below.

Quote:
My Petrol Beat LT's 20, 000 kms Service is due on 7th April. Any pointers on specific items to check, apart from the regular washing - tightening job ?
I have noise complaints, but I know what to ask and how to deal with it.

One important thing, the suspension seems to have become extremely soft and the ground clearance seems to have reduced. Off late, I am scraping the car's underbody at the hump in front of my apartment. Can someone guide me on what to check for this problem ?

Ohh one more thing. I am hearing fuel pump noise during driving too. I will try to get it checked and if needed replaced. Will replacing the fuel pump have any direct impact on the mileage of the car ? Or is it an independent component ? I am satisfied with 15kmpl mileage and don't want to mess up anything.
Old 5th April 2013, 21:06   #3024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hey Abhishek,

My 20k service is due this weekend. As I have requested, any pointers for this service ? My request below.
Hi Soumyajit,

I tend to follow the Chevy booklet and get servicing done accordingly. It will have a record of what all things need to be changed/refilled etc. In my case, I had then completed the Delhi-Bombay-Delhi marathon run and got the under body washed. I really can't remember much since this was almost a year back.

Besides, as a rule I tend to get the wheel alignment rotation at every 5k. I usually cross the 5k mark before the scheduled service (However, I do not trust the A.S.S. after bitter experiences and get this done outside on the same day)

Also, I check for oils - engine, brake, power steering, coolant etc and get refilled if necessary.

I am not really sure why your underbody is scraping, is the air pressure okay in your wheels? Raising the vehicle via lift at the A.S.S would give a good idea of what is wrong.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 13:05   #3025
Senior - BHPian

20,000 Kms / 2 Year Service - Kropex Chevrolet B'lore - Horrible Experience

20,000 Kms / 2 Year Service

Last week, I had booked an appointment for today at 9:30 AM for the service.
I wanted to go earlier, but the Lady named Archana who was scheduling the appointments said that the Service Advisors (SA) come at 9:30 AM only. So they can't take the vehicle before that. So I agreed at 9:30 AM.

So, I went in today (6th April) to Kropex Chevrolet on Hosur Road for the 20k Service for my Petrol Beat sharp at 9:30 AM. Archana noted down my vehicle details, mileage and asked me to wait for a SA to attend me.

In less than 2 mins the SA named Mr.Shankar called me and we went to inspect the vehicle.

Problems and Service noted down were:
- Check for Low Pick up
- Check Lower Ground clearance. Check suspension.
- Perform Mileage adjustment.
- Top up any fluids.
- Replace Pollen Filter.
- Clean Brake pads.

Approx expense stated as 2700+ Tax.

Then the most horrible statement came from the SA. He said " The car will be delivered on Monday - 8th April evening". I was shocked and said that I want the car atleast by today evening. He was reluctant and said that "There are 40 vehicles pending and we will do your service as and when your turn comes". My blood started boiling and I asked him to connect me to the A.S.S Manager at Kropex. He went to the service area and spoke to the service supervisor who refused to entertain me. I asked him that I wanted to speak to the A.S.S Manager only and no one else to which he was like "I give a damn whom you speak to".

I went to the Service area and noted down the phone numbers mentioned there.
I call the first number mentioned as "Customer Care Manager" - It was the lady Archana who picked up the call in front of me. I blasted them for showing false names on the display board.
I then called the next number mentioned as "Service Hotline" under the category "General Motors Zonal Aftersales Manager". I call both the numbers and it was again picked up by the lady named Archana sitting right across the desk. Even this was not the correct number to connect to GM.

At this point the SA said that he would deliver the car by 3 PM today (6th April) itself !! But I was not convinced. What if at 3PM he says a sorry and delivers the car on Monday only. He could be lying to me. So I wanted an assurance from someone senior either at Kropex or at GM.

So I Google and find the Chevrolet Helpline number - 1-800-3000-8080 and speak to a rep named Mr. Umar, who spoke to the SA. Mr. Umar then said that it was ok to get back the car by 5:30 PM, if not by 3PM. I was furious and asked him the reason for the delay. He said that there are more cars and less service centre and hence the rush and delay. I was not convinced. He noted down my name, number and vehicle number and said that he would call up the Service Manager at Kropex and speak to him and arrange for a callback, which eventually never happened.

In the meanwhile, I was drafting an email to Mr Somashekar at GM, as mentioned in the display board. Suddenly the SA comes and asks me if he wants to talk to the Kropex A.S.S Manager. I agreed.

I was taken to a AC Room and a gentleman aged around 50+ was sitting there. He introduced himself as Mr Prasad. I spoke to him for a while about the plight of customers and the pathetic service at Kropex. He said that he had joined just a month back and was going through various customer complains forum and found thousands of customers complaining about Kropex. He assured me that the car would be delivered today at 3:00 PM. He said that he would call me around 2:30PM to give an update. Mr Prasad said that he worked for over 20 years in Maruti and 10 years in Mahindra, having a total experience of over 30 years in automobile industry. He was very kind, gentle and patiently listened to my complaint. His words were of reassurance and I have believed his words.

So, now I am at home at 12:45 PM. I have been there from 9:30 AM. I am waiting at home while the car is serviced at Kropex. Waiting for Mr Prasad's call.

Mr. Team_Godspeed - You can't just sell cars and harass customers in A.S.S. Chevy is going down the drain. Hopefully your A.S.S people take control of the situation before it gets too late.

I will update this thread once I get back my car. Let's see if Mr Prasad lives upto the expectation he has set for me.

Somethings pictures I took at Kropex Chevrolet:

All the numbers connect to the A.S.S Receptionist named Archana. Nothing works, except the Mr Somashekar's email id at GM.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-20130406_102946.jpg

Team-BHP Spotting in Kropex Chevrolet, B'lore - A.S.S. Manager Cabin. He had no idea what it was about. He joined recently.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-20130406_104707.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 18:13   #3026
Senior - BHPian

20,000 Kms / 2 Year Service - Kropex Chevrolet B'lore - Horrible Experience

Alright, I am back with the car.

I started from home @ 2:30 PM, took a bus to the service centre. On the way, around 2:50PM the SA (Mr. Shankar) called me and asked to come and collect the car. I was happy that someone at Kropex learnt the decency to call me as promised.

Car was ready and kept outside in the parking area. The SA took me to the car, showed me around the car and explained what all were done like underbody + all bolts tightening, fluid top-ups and a test run to check the suspension softness. He said that the ground clearance was normal as per the company specification and the suspension was fine. I had instructed him not to fill in Nitrogen in the tires. That was plain robbery at Rs 150. But he said that he had filled air (free of charge, not sure if it was regular or nitrogen).

So I inspect the car. It was extra shiny ! The tires were gleaming new ! The black plastic parts (interior + exterior) were looking brand new ! I was super happy that the car looked brand new, atleast from the looks.

The bill amount came to Rs 2352.

Poller (Air) Filter: Rs 410.48
Paid Service: Rs 975
Front Brake Cleaning: Rs 350
Consumables: Rs. 350
Blah Blah Taxes: Rs 267

So before leaving, I meet the A.S.S Manager at Kropex, Mr. Prasad. Say a happy thanks to him and leave with the car. I didn't take a test drive with the SA, because there weren't any major problems that I had identified. Incidentally, the Fuel Pump Noise was also missing. It comes on after the car has run in Stop-Go Traffic for over 2 hrs or so.
One point stunned me. While handing over the gate pass to the security guard, he said me to check the spare tyre and the toolkit ! I said its ok, but he insisted and said that there were instances of these things actually missing from customer car after the service. So, I check thoroughly and everything was there in place. And I leave Kropex Chevrolet.

Overall, a happy servicing, apart from the initial 2.5 hrs wasted on "negotiating" for a "reasonable" delivery time.

Few Pics of the Super Polished and Cleaned Car.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_2244.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_2249.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_2252.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_2253.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_2245.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_2246.jpg
Old 6th April 2013, 19:22   #3027
BHPian

@Soumyajit9, Yes, the car looks gleaming new! Actually, I was about to congratulate you for your New car as I thought that you have purchased it new!
As from the images, I can see visible scratches on both the bumpers. Get them touched up at aftermarket shop. About the Chevy dealer experience, I can't say anything (I don't own any Chevy).

Is there a scratch on the Front right door? Or Is it due to reflection? (Pic #1 and 5 of Post #3026)
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 22:26   #3028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
@Soumyajit9, Yes, the car looks gleaming new! Actually, I was about to congratulate you for your New car as I thought that you have purchased it new!
Heeheehee. Even I feel so excited today, as if I have bought a new car, except the scratches.

Quote:
As from the images, I can see visible scratches on both the bumpers. Get them touched up at aftermarket shop. About the Chevy dealer experience, I can't say anything (I don't own any Chevy).
Yes, there are visible scratches on the front (corners) and rear bumpers. All of them have been gifted to me by crazy bikers. Every biker tries to sneak into each possible gaps in traffic, scratching my car. I only realize them once I reach home and park the car. A lady once rear ended me in an effort to sqeeze between my car and the car behind, resulting in a deep scratch on the LHS Rear bumper.

Quote:
Is there a scratch on the Front right door? Or Is it due to reflection? (Pic #1 and 5 of Post #3026)
Its' just reflection. Thankfully B'lore's bikers haven't yet targeted the doors.
Old 8th April 2013, 22:20   #3029
BHPian

Re: 20,000 Kms / 2 Year Service - Kropex Chevrolet B'lore - Horrible Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Mr. Team_Godspeed - You can't just sell cars and harass customers in A.S.S. Chevy is going down the drain. Hopefully your A.S.S people take control of the situation before it gets too late.

I will update this thread once I get back my car. Let's see if Mr Prasad lives upto the expectation he has set for me.
Wow what an outbreak, i am glad its over. But i wish i read this earlier in the day but hey the jobs done yea!
Old 8th April 2013, 22:35   #3030
Senior - BHPian

Beat owners. I have a question for you. Is it true that the front bumper costs only Rs 1500+? My colleague got some denting done on his car, including bumper replacement, and the cost indicated was such.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks