Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 17:03   #3106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I don't know if everyone is aware of this. Chevrolet has introduced "Driver seat height adjust on the 2013 models "
PFA the attachment for info. Mods, if you could update the first page with this info.
I believe this would be applicable only for Beat Diesel variants ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
The logo was there from some 2011 models (mine is a Dec 2011 model LT and has it).
Utprabh, is that a Diesel Beat of yours ?
I need that logo.
I have been struggling to get that on my March 2011 Petrol Beat.
Old 13th June 2013, 16:32   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
I also see that the black panel, running from the centre console onto the side doors also seems to be updated to white as seen in the pictures on the website. Can anyone confirm this?
Please see the attachment, It will clear the things.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Beat_Brochure_Apr13[1].pdf (820.7 KB, 550 views)
Topolino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 19:16   #3108
BHPian

Hey guys. Need some help. As you all know that the boot capacity of beat is very less and it doesn't even fit a full sized luggage bag. Is there any over head luggage carrier available for the beat? Its LT model with roof rails. I don't really care if it looks bad or weird with the top carrier. The main reason is i travel abroad twice a month and have to opt taxi just because i can't carry the bags on the beat.
Old 17th June 2013, 09:22   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Hey guys. Need some help. As you all know that the boot capacity of beat is very less and it doesn't even fit a full sized luggage bag. Is there any over head luggage carrier available for the beat? Its LT model with roof rails. I don't really care if it looks bad or weird with the top carrier. The main reason is i travel abroad twice a month and have to opt taxi just because i can't carry the bags on the beat.
Hi,

This discussion was initialized earlier in this thread as well. Although not entirely conclusive, but the opinion seems to be no, a luggage rack of any kind should not be attached to the roof rails. And it seems reasonable to believe so, as the roof rails are just plastic pieces stuck on the roof with 3M Double Sided Tape. They would hardly take any loads.

On the other hand, you can consider the older type of metal pipe frame racks that were clamped onto the edge of the roof. These had a big rusting problem though, spoiling the paint in the longer run.

Or maybe you can contact Thule at their Indian office, to check if they have some rooftop luggage carrier for the Beat.

Cheers,
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool.aquarian View Post
Are the Roof Rails on Beat, Spark and Wagon of any use (apart from looks)?
Can they be used to carry additional luggage (esp bigger suitcases) using roof mounts?
Are they really strong enough for such purpose ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreddy View Post
If I have not mistaken, all these roof rails are used in European and other countries for carrying snow boards. Can hardly be used in our conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I presume (may not be correct) that the roof rails are held in place by adhesive in spark/i10/wagon R (have to check my uncle's Wagon R). So they may not be suitable for carrying loads. They are just there to enhance the look IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Hi,

There are usually almost exclusively used to carrying ski equipment and are not meant to carry luggage. It is actually a useless thing to sell in India unless I guess you stay near Auli or some such and go skiing regularly. But some models have what some car companies call "luggage baskets" which fit on top of the rails and can bear a reasonable amount of weight akin to the carriers of yore. I do not know if these are available in India for the models.
Old 17th June 2013, 10:04   #3110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Please see the links
http://www.vicky.in/shopping/car-roo...chevrolet-beat

http://www.kumarsalesindia.com/our_distributors.html

or contact
Kumarsons Auto Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai
10, Benham Hall Lane, Mumbai - 400 004 Maharashtra INDIA
(022) 2387 6736 / 6631 4077,
+ 91 98332 52197 (Vivek Shah)
kumarsons_auto@yahoo.com

I suppose it will help.

Last edited by Topolino : 17th June 2013 at 10:27.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:52   #3111
BHPian

Finally, the Beat gets what was badly needed, viz. driver's seat height adjustment, across all the fuel options it offers ( variant dependent) . Strangely, Chevy hasn't been communicating this in a big way. I got to know this only today after reading the Beat advt. in the local newspaper. The car also gets silver accents on trims in the interiors, though personally I would have preferred body colored ones. I believe there are no other changes in the 2013 model. Is Chevy planning a more comprehensive face-lift for the car in the next year?

Last edited by auto-one : 4th July 2013 at 19:55.
Old 7th July 2013, 17:38   #3112
BHPian

Need Urgent advice people. Need to replace the battery.
What is the correct model of amaron? Please advise.
Old 7th July 2013, 22:52   #3113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Need Urgent advice people. Need to replace the battery.
What is the correct model of amaron? Please advise.
I think amaron site is down, try after some time to select the right battery
http://www.amaron.in/choosebattery.php

How old is your car? Mine is 3.5yr old (2010 '02) model still going strong with upgraded 100/90W HLs, 4Ch Amp with Sub Woofer.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-untitled1.jpg

Last edited by sajjt : 7th July 2013 at 23:08.
Old 8th July 2013, 12:51   #3114
BHPian

Guys, need some advice from BEAT owners. I gave my BEAT for service, this is the 3rd year (I completed about 22k kms). I already had an oil change done at around 10-12k kms (don't remember exactly) - when the bill came to around 4-5k.

Now, the service centre guy is saying that they need to change all major components - engine oil, AC filter, spark plug etc etc - and the bill will come to a total of 7.5k

Did you guys have the same sort of experience during your 3yrs, 30k kms service (whichever comes earlier) ? Or is Orange Auto Hyderabad ripping me off?
Old 8th July 2013, 13:16   #3115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Guys, need some advice from BEAT owners. I gave my BEAT for service, this is the 3rd year (I completed about 22k kms). I already had an oil change done at around 10-12k kms (don't remember exactly) - when the bill came to around 4-5k.

Now, the service centre guy is saying that they need to change all major components - engine oil, AC filter, spark plug etc etc - and the bill will come to a total of 7.5k

Did you guys have the same sort of experience during your 3yrs, 30k kms service (whichever comes earlier) ? Or is Orange Auto Hyderabad ripping me off?
Hey mate, refer to the Ownership Manual for the correct timelines. Here is a screenshot from the manual that I downloaded.

Incase he is asking for all the jobs to be done, ask him a Service Manual that he is following and the timelines laid down by Chevrolet India.
Worse case, talk to the Service Manager and get hold of the latest issue of their Service Advisory with the new timelines for changing of parts.

Remember, never go by the mileage that your car has clocked. Even a less run car has to go through certain parts replacements, irrespective of what is their condition (for example, lubricants, rubber parts, etc).

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-service-1.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-service-2.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-service-3.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 14:39   #3116
BHPian

Thanks much for the detailed screenshot Soumyajit - much appreciated.

However, assuming that I go for all main servicing options - does the bill of 7.5k seem okay to you? I will post the bill here once the service is done, but just to confirm that I'm not being ripped off
Old 8th July 2013, 14:54   #3117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks much for the detailed screenshot Soumyajit - much appreciated.

However, assuming that I go for all main servicing options - does the bill of 7.5k seem okay to you? I will post the bill here once the service is done, but just to confirm that I'm not being ripped off
Engine Oil + Oil Filter + AC Filter + Misc - Shouldn't be more than 4.5k
So I assume they are ripping off 3k for a Spark Plug ?

Take a clear note of what they would change and agree to it.

Take a look HERE of my 3rd service where engine oil was changed.
Old 8th July 2013, 15:01   #3118
BHPian

Quote:

The amount is quite correct. I paid INR 7010 for my 3rd year 28000 kms service. I also had few parts changed under warranty. Will update you guys as soon as i have more time.

This included, Engine oil/AC filter/Air filter/ 4 spark plugs etc

No, they are not ripping you off. Paid service itself costs about 975/- without taxes.

Last edited by Mr.Beat : 8th July 2013 at 15:03.
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 15:07   #3119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4 spark plugs etc.
Did I read that as 4 Spark Plugs ?

I am no Automobile "Engine" Expert, but does a car really have 4 spark plugs ?
Would like to know more about the spark plugs in a car.
Old 8th July 2013, 15:13   #3120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Did I read that as 4 Spark Plugs ?

I am no Automobile "Engine" Expert, but does a car really have 4 spark plugs ?
Would like to know more about the spark plugs in a car.
yeah, even i was at first. But when i checked the replaced parts, i could see 4 spark plugs. Hence i assumed. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Just googled this, "In general, cars have a spark plug for every cylinder in the engine"

Last edited by Mr.Beat : 8th July 2013 at 15:15.
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed