Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2013, 15:10   #3256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Then tried switching between Clock <-> Trip <-> Mode. Now its only showing 0:00 and the other icons there
So if it is switching between Clock/Trip and Mode means the Mode switch is working, right?
Old 8th November 2013, 15:18   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
Initially it was showing blank screen when Mode was pressed. I tried it the Indian way and slapped the console a couple of times.
Then tried switching between Clock <-> Trip <-> Mode. Now its only showing 0:00 and the other icons there.
Seems to be a loose solder. Nothing major it seems.

Good idea to pull out the dummy button and try to see what's with the tact switch below.
Are you running low on fuel? I had this issue when the fuel light was on, and it got resolved as soon as I tanked up.
Old 8th November 2013, 15:24   #3258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
So if it is switching between Clock/Trip and Mode means the Mode switch is working, right?
Yes, the switch is working, albeit intermittently. So I am assuming a loose connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Are you running low on fuel? I had this issue when the fuel light was on, and it got resolved as soon as I tanked up.
I ran on Low Fuel and it gave me DTE as 22kms, and then I refuelled.
This case seems to be different.

Will keep you guys posted on the solution.
Old 8th November 2013, 16:21   #3259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Quote:
I ran on Low Fuel and it gave me DTE as 22kms, and then I refuelled.
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dte.png

But as per the user manual the the DTE display should go '__' if the remaining fuel is worth 50KM or less. But your DTE displayed 22 kms.

We need a research on this to publish our own user manual

Cheers!
Old 16th November 2013, 16:16   #3260
Senior - BHPian

Hello Beaters,

Today my Beaty's 7th service done at Metro Chevrolet. (ODO 23990)

Reached Metro at 9.45 AM and got my car back at 12.00 PM. Today there was no much rush. Winters? Stayed back at owner's lounge and watched Sachin's emotional farewell to the end.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-inv.jpg

Work carried out
  • General service and check
  • Engine Oil/Filter changed
  • Brake Cleaning (don't know what they did. Didn't saw anything special as I was watching whole thing from owner's lounge)
  • Aircon Pollen Filter Cleaning
  • Suspension Check
  • Exhaust cleaning (same here, no clue. On confronting they told some fluid had been poured into the exhaust )
Made me poorer by Rs.3846/-.

*Paid service charges increased by Rs.200/-. Other charges are on the higher side

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 18th November 2013, 22:30   #3261
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Brake Cleaning (don't know what they did. Didn't saw anything special as I was watching whole thing from owner's lounge)[*]Exhaust cleaning (same here, no clue. On confronting they told some fluid had been poured into the exhaust )[/list]
Please see Owner's Manual Page No. 134-137. The terms Car Lubrication, Exhaust Cleaning are not mentioned even in the Scheduled Maintenance. I don't understand what Chevrolet Metro people did with your car. Rs. 400 for Car Lubriation; what are the parts they lubricated, as far as I know only locks, hinges & hood latch needs lubrication. Rs. 700 for Exhaust Cleaning; from where they poured fluid into the exhaust, there is no inlet from where one can pour fluid into the exhaust system. The additives can only be added in the engine oil; that too is not recommended by Chevrolet. It is clearly mentioned in Owner's Manual page no. 137 that "The use of engine oil additives could cause damage and invalidate the warranty".
Topolino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 00:38   #3262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Please see Owner's Manual Page No. 134-137
Already escalated the matter to GM India. Let us see what explanation they will come-up with.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 27th November 2013, 12:28   #3263
BHPian

Got Bosch wipers fitted in Beatie on 22nd and boy did it work!!! On 23rd, there was a deluge in Bangalore and without those wipers(and my 100/90 bulbs), I would have been stuck in the torrential downpour

Cost of the wipers: Rs 325
Old 28th November 2013, 10:21   #3264
Senior - BHPian

After 24444 KMs and 3.5 years my left headlamp bulb's low beam gone kaput.

Inspected the fuse (No.19) first. Replaced the fuse with a 10 amps spare. Still the low beam was not lighting and eventually replace the bulb with spare one.

While inspecting the old bulb I couldn't make out any damage to the filament or internal structure. What could be the reason for this outage?

NB: Saved the old bulb from disposing so that can be used in an extreme emergency since it's high beam is working

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 28th November 2013, 11:25   #3265
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Beaters,

Today my Beaty's 7th service done at Metro Chevrolet. (ODO 23990)

Reached Metro at 9.45 AM and got my car back at 12.00 PM. Today there was no much rush. Winters? Stayed back at owner's lounge and watched Sachin's emotional farewell to the end.

Attachment 1167294

Work carried out
  • General service and check
  • Engine Oil/Filter changed
  • Brake Cleaning (don't know what they did. Didn't saw anything special as I was watching whole thing from owner's lounge)
  • Aircon Pollen Filter Cleaning
  • Suspension Check
  • Exhaust cleaning (same here, no clue. On confronting they told some fluid had been poured into the exhaust )
Made me poorer by Rs.3846/-.

*Paid service charges increased by Rs.200/-. Other charges are on the higher side

Cheers!

Vinu
There we go. Metro Chevrolet back to its old tricks. The last time I went there the SA was ready for a fist fight and upon creating a thread and severe outrage expressed by fellow team bhp members, it was sorted, more so because I was sick of the apology calls.

Always eliminate what you do not need to get done at Metro. My job card had engine decarb and some other nonsense which I refused to get done and hence wasn't carried out. The best way to do this is to follow the service booklet religiously.

You should narrow down to one specific SA. I personally prefer Somnath as he's serviced my car often. Also post servicing if possible look if the work has actually been carried out. For example if you're charged for WA/WB take the SA with you for a test-drive and see if it is carried out perfectly.

On another note would request Delhi Beat owners to advise other service outlets apart from Metro. For sure not going to step in there again.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:18   #3266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
I personally prefer Somnath as he's serviced my car often. Also post servicing if possible look if the work has actually been carried out. For example if you're charged for WA/WB take the SA with you for a test-drive and see if it is carried out perfectly.
Samnath is my favorite SA too, but was on leave that day and I was short on time.

After escalating the issue with GMI they agree to do these kind of jobs in my presence.

Quote:
On another note would request Delhi Beat owners to advise other service outlets apart from Metro. For sure not going to step in there again.
Last month I got one SMS stating "AVOT Chevrolet opens New Workshop - TREO CHEVROLET, B-25, Okhla Ph-1, Free General & AC Check, 10% off on Labor, Pick and Drop. Call 8588845587"

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 29th November 2013, 11:23   #3267
BHPian

Has any one tried the K&N replacement Air filter for Beat? Recently they have added this to their stock. Part no is 33-3001.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-kn-beat.jpg

Tried to source from Cochin but stocks are yet to come.

How good is this indianutostore.com portal? They have a listing of this model.
http://indianautostore.com/Autopart/...at-Petrol/4056

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-kn-beat1.jpg
Old 29th November 2013, 12:02   #3268
BHPian

Quote:
Last month I got one SMS stating "AVOT Chevrolet opens New Workshop - TREO CHEVROLET, B-25, Okhla Ph-1, Free General & AC Check, 10% off on Labor, Pick and Drop. Call 8588845587"

Cheers!

Vinu
Thanks Vinu.

Okhla is way too far from where I live. Although anything is better than Metro at this point. Will take my car for servicing next month. Need to google out all available options and will put out a comparison for fellow Delhi Beat owners as and when I take the car for servicing.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 22:18   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Has any one tried the K&N replacement Air filter for Beat? Recently they have added this to their stock. Part no is 33-3001.
Attachment 1172469
Tried to source from Cochin but stocks are yet to come.
How good is this indianutostore.com portal? They have a listing of this model.
http://indianautostore.com/Autopart/...at-Petrol/4056
Attachment 1172470
I had checked the price few weeks back from an auto accessory shop in Bangalore.
They were quoting 5700/- for K&N and 5500/- BMC make!

Last edited by salbin : 29th November 2013 at 22:20. Reason: Edit
Old 1st December 2013, 11:11   #3270
BHPian

Completed the 3.5 yr, 35000 Kms servicing today at 34972 Kms on the car

The total charge for it came to 2200 bucks

Complaints were attended well and sorted out for a change

1. Car not starting well

They cleaned the fuse box for this

2. Drumming noise on uneven road

Caliper pin greasing was done

Chevy has raised the paid service charge from 975 to 1175