Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 17:12   #3466
BHPian

Got the fuel lines replaced as promised by GM today and spoke to Mr Arun Ram Sr. Service Engg about the recall. GM found few batch cars showed some issues with fuel return pipes so the company decided to recall those batch cars to get it replaced at free of cost. I got the fuel return pipes and the fuel filter replaced and as a courtesy I got a complimentary car wash with interior cleaning.

When the children's day celebrations was going, we parents got a chance to see the workshop facilities. Got a few snaps of various rides under going some major restoration. Can't post the pics from the mobile app as TBHP app is having some serious issues with picture uploading and displaying. Will post it through the desktop
Old 15th November 2014, 11:40   #3467
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Here's a Beat fallen from a cliff under restoration. I thought its totalled but its getting ready day by day as per them. Last two pics are from a Cruze which is getting a new shell after a topple.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat-1.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat-2.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat-3.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat-4.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat-5.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-cruze1.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-cruze-2.jpg  

Last edited by sajjt : 15th November 2014 at 11:42.
sajjt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 22:19   #3468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Here's a Beat fallen from a cliff under restoration
Hey sajjt,

OMG! Thanks for sharing.

That Beat's frame gives me goosebumps. I guess the only damage was for the outer shell. So they planned to restore it. It seems no damage to engine and transmission.

But what about the structural integrity post restoration.

I guess it is a case of "bought a scrapped car from insurance guys for peanuts, restore it to a gleaming one and sell off to some unsuspecting one"

But now I know what lies under my funky skinned Beaty.

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 15th November 2014 at 22:21.
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 14:53   #3469
BHPian

Vinu, first I also thought like that but the GM guys told me it's for the original owner. The car landed on its back hence the outer shell is getting replaced and there*s no damage with the chassis so issues with the reliability as per GM as they will evaluate the gravity of the damage and if it's beyond the safety limits they won't take up the restoration. I've seen another cruze lying around after a head on collision but hard to come to a conclusion of totalling. That's what they decided and so is the insurance guys.

Last edited by sajjt : 16th November 2014 at 14:54.
sajjt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 21:20   #3470
Senior - BHPian

Today I took my Beaty for her 9th Paid Service (4 Years 6 months & ODO @ 33509

This time front brake pads too changed after inspection. There was some 15% remaining (brakes were biting absolutely fine) but considering safety urged to change them.

As mentioned earlier by few guys mine too fall in the recall bulletin of Fuel Lines and two fuel lines were changed accordingly.

Rest as usual. Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, etc changed.

GM India's labour charges are sky-rocketing. Rs. 1945 out of Rs. 5057 (Total Bill) is labour charges. Bargained and got 20% discount.

Carburetor Cleaner . SA confirmed that it's the name of the cleaner. OMG!

Please find the following Invoice for your reference.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat-lt-9th-paid-service.jpg

GM is selling fewer cars month after month. This is what I found on their Customer Lounge wall.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-ford-notice.jpg

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 16th November 2014 at 21:25.
myavu is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 18:01   #3471
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks !! Long time no see.

Some cosmetic updates on my Beat.

Read Here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post3587674 (The Green Bolt - Chevrolet Beat LT Petrol (2011) - Long Term Ownership Report)
Old 25th November 2014, 05:12   #3472
Senior - BHPian

And while I was going gaga over the new chrome interiors, a closer look at the Stock Head Unit of the Beat, revealed a Bluetooth icon !!

This icon is never highlighted during normal use, but could it be pointing that the head unit is Bluetooth Capable ?

Salbin - Did you get any further with your DIY to see if our head unit is bluetooth enabled ?

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-bt.jpg
Old 27th November 2014, 18:06   #3473
BHPian

Hi everybody.
After reading Sajjat' and Myavu's posts called Nikhil Auto and asked them if fuel pipes are to be replaced.
An hour back received a call from Nikhil that they want to replace the fuel pipes.
Could somebody please guide me what is this all about. And How important it is. Plus how long will it take? Sajjt you mentioned that they changed the fuel filter. Does it go together with changing of the fuel lines?
Thanks a lot
Regards
PS: Myavu I assume you paid for oil filter and oil change. Also assume that the fuel filter was replaced free. Kindly confirm Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 15:06   #3474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
How important it is. Plus how long will it take? Myavu I assume you paid for oil filter and oil change. Also assume that the fuel filter was replaced free
It was my 9th paid service.

At the time of creating the job card I enquired about the recall bulletin. It was printed by-default in job card (based on the VIN).

My car was running perfectly fine. So I confirmed multiple times regarding the pipe change. SA Somnath reiterate that it is mandatory and they have to report back to GM post recall.

At time of fuel pipe change, I was near the car. It took around 30 mins for them to change it. Need to remove few fuel tank fixtures and a little fiddling with fuel pump. The service engineer explained that the rubber hose in that particular batch are prone to wear more rapidly over time and may cause fuel leak or eventually catching fire.

Regarding Fuel Filter. It was not a part of recall. I did it from my side. It cost me Rs. 292.44/-

Please find the invoice here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...id-service.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 03:48   #3475
Senior - BHPian

For those wanting to upgrade their Beat to the Push Start Stop button, here is the one. Although it costs a bomb, passionate people can try it out.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spark...816983652.html

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg
Old 29th December 2014, 17:19   #3476
BHPian

Had a recent fantastic experience with Speed Chevrolet, Kolkata. My Bangalore registered car is in Kolkata, as I was out of the country. On my return, I was hospitalized for a surgery and could not possibly take the car to the 3rd year Service. Called up speed chevrolet and they sent a technician(who was reasonably knowledgable) to pick up my car, serviced and returned the same evening. No excess charged - all oils replaced and to top it all, I was informed of the parts which need to be changed(like certain brake components) in the next service as a heads up. Thoroughly satisfied with them . Throughout the entire journey , I was continuously updated about the status at regular intervals through the SA (who also happened to be a team-bhpian)

Last edited by adg_andy : 29th December 2014 at 17:21.
Old 29th December 2014, 19:28   #3477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Had a recent fantastic experience with Speed Chevrolet, Kolkata. My Bangalore registered car is in Kolkata, as I was out of the country. On my return, I was hospitalized for a surgery and could not possibly take the car to the 3rd year Service. Called up speed chevrolet and they sent a technician(who was reasonably knowledgable) to pick up my car, serviced and returned the same evening. No excess charged - all oils replaced and to top it all, I was informed of the parts which need to be changed(like certain brake components) in the next service as a heads up. Thoroughly satisfied with them . Throughout the entire journey , I was continuously updated about the status at regular intervals through the SA (who also happened to be a team-bhpian)
It's been totally opposite for me. I had called Nikhil Automobiles myself since i did not get any call or mail from them regarding the recall and replacement of fuel lines. I was asked to be on hold for sometime after presenting the reason for calling, they then took my number and said will call back regarding the same. No call received from them to date. Forget about free pick up and drop
Old 29th December 2014, 19:44   #3478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
It's been totally opposite for me. I had called Nikhil Automobiles myself since i did not get any call or mail from them regarding the recall and replacement of fuel lines. I was asked to be on hold for sometime after presenting the reason for calling, they then took my number and said will call back regarding the same. No call received from them to date. Forget about free pick up and drop
Treo Chevrolet which is located in Okhla, New Delhi is also very proactive. I have had a very good experience with their sales team. I am at 850kms and yet to take it for first checkup, so can't comment on service quality but they are proactive in this department too. Already got email, call and appointment date and time for it. I never thought of such good dealerships exists in this country.:sly:
Old 29th December 2014, 23:56   #3479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Mr.Beat
Hi.
It depends on GM whether your car is to be called or not.
Please call them again and recheck. Try and make it happen rather than waiting for it to happen.
Regards.
PS: After Nikhil changed the fuel pipes I received a letter from GM asking me to contact A.S.S. It was already done
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:49   #3480
BHPian

Got my first checkup done at 1018 kms at Treo Chevrolet, Okhla. Its little awkward to buy car from one location and service from their workshop which is located at some other place. I feel only MS & Hyundai have everything under one roof and all foreign players follow this two way strategy. There can be two meanings to this, one funny one is to save the over promised sales staff while selling the vehicle, which stays at sales showroom and second serious one is to save cost as showroom locations are costly and they manage it by just investing in showroom there not service.

Jokes apart, lets do some business. Took appointment again on phone as I was given 5th Jan timing and I was at 1000 kms already on 30th December. Reached there around 2 PM on 31st and the delivery timing was given for around 4:15 PM. SA asked me about the underbody treatment which was 1500+taxes and felt very reasonable to me. It came with 5 year warranty and 10 checkups in total. However quality of work was not as professional as it should be, they just blew some air on wet parts and started spraying the rubber like black liquid. As new beat comes with 175mm ground clearance and due to my upsize to 175/65r14, I feel GC is atleast at 180mm rightnow. Scraping the bottom is having less chances now, which kills the warranty of this treatment. But surely, I am feeling some sound insulation from tire noise.

Bill for the checkup was obviously Zero and I have two free services left which should be completed within 2015 itself.

Kitna deti hai :
I was very gentle from start, as I have a habit of run-in my new vehicles (mostly bikes as its my first new car) properly. 2200 rpm was my peak point for first 1000 kms and drive was mostly city including 2-3 Gurgaon-Faridabad hill road drives. The mileage is hovering above 20 kmpl without AC and considering its a new engine, I feel it will become better only with time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks