Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:06   #3616
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
My left knee is dead and broke because of hard clutch. Everytime I service, it stays good for a month. Past a month, it becomes super hard. What was done on your clutch ? Any specific changes / lubrication or modification ?
Kropex is working on Sundays also now ?
I was mulling getting a clutch replacement. The SA advised not to get it done as the hardness was nothing spectacular, and could be improved a little bit. Also, the cost would be 8k plus labour plus taxes.
What they did was- changing the tension of rod/wires of clutch. One guy depressed the clutch fully while the other one tinkered with a few things in the engine bay (I presume it to be the clutch wire tension. Although the clutch is not "Makkhan", it has a lot less resistance now.

Apparently they work till 4 pm on Sundays - that's a new development. I called on Friday and insisted that I needed delivery on the same date.

I am munching 2000 kms per month nowadays in just home-office commute. What is your odo at now? I know you just got your battery changed- what about the spark plugs/ brake pads?

Last edited by adg_andy : 22nd February 2016 at 14:10.
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 15:54   #3617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post

I was mulling getting a clutch replacement. The SA advised not to get it done as the hardness was nothing spectacular, and could be improved a little bit. Also, the cost would be 8k plus labour plus taxes.
What they did was- changing the tension of rod/wires of clutch. One guy depressed the clutch fully while the other one tinkered with a few things in the engine bay (I presume it to be the clutch wire tension. Although the clutch is not "Makkhan", it has a lot less resistance now.

Apparently they work till 4 pm on Sundays - that's a new development. I called on Friday and insisted that I needed delivery on the same date.

I am munching 2000 kms per month nowadays in just home-office commute. What is your odo at now? I know you just got your battery changed- what about the spark plugs/ brake pads?
Thanks for the update Andy !
My odo is at 48k. 60k service is due this week.

Spark Plugs were changed in 50k service IIRC. Brake pads are not yet changed (Y)

Will ask the Kropex guys to fix the Clutch (they would suggest replacement). I am trying out Kropex Marathalli this time. Hope they are good
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 16:55   #3618
BHPian

For some strange reason, the glass of my fog lamps keep on cracking. Fed up of replacing them every time. Since I have a HID setup on them, I always have to buy the metal ones to dissipate the heat. Any pointers as to if only the glass can be changed somewhere?
Old 29th February 2016, 16:35   #3619
BHPian

Hi Soumya,

Any updates post your 60K service?
Old 3rd March 2016, 23:55   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
As soon as the fuel gauge reaches the half way mark, I tank up. Really sad state for chevrolet going forward. They are left with just 2 authorised service workshops in Mumbai and Nikhil Automobiles at Worli which had been in operation for more than a decade has also shut down. With the the other manufacturers eyeing India as a key market , Chevrolet seems to be heading in a different direction altogether.

Even though I intend to replace this car in the next 1 year, I won't get much in terms of resale!!
RJ
Hi
Nikhil at Worli was the showroom for their sales. Has that closed down?
I know the Reay road workshop closed down(shifted to Kopar Khairane) and so did National at Pedder Road.You mentioned left with two. One is JMD. Which is the other one.
I have to get my service done and I am reluctant to send to Nikhil,because of the distance involve,35 kms one way !
What engine oil would you suggest if I get it seviced at the friendly neighborhood service station?
Thanks
Regards
Old 4th March 2016, 13:33   #3621
BHPian

Guys, I am thinking of going the fully synthetic engine oil way. However, I find that shell helix ultra is available at 5W40 and not 5W30 as advised for Beat. Suggestions?
Also, it is available at amazon for 3500 whereas shell petrol pumps offer it at 5000 , but they were saying about a discount of Rs 3/litre of petrol
Old 4th March 2016, 13:39   #3622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
RJ
Hi
Nikhil at Worli was the showroom for their sales. Has that closed down?
I know the Reay road workshop closed down(shifted to Kopar Khairane) and so did National at Pedder Road.You mentioned left with two. One is JMD. Which is the other one.
I have to get my service done and I am reluctant to send to Nikhil,because of the distance involve,35 kms one way !
What engine oil would you suggest if I get it seviced at the friendly neighborhood service station?
Thanks
Regards
Hey Buddy,

I was facing the same service issue for my Beat. Chevy service centers are too far for me to visit. Last week I got my Beat serviced at Select Auto Works based in Dadar. I was very very satisfied with the job done. I felt it was better job the what I experienced at Nikhil Auto during my previous visits.

You can get details in Select Auto on below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ar-mumbai.html
Old 6th March 2016, 23:19   #3623
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys. So my Beats Air Con has packed up since yesterday. Very low cooling and an intermittent gas hissing sound every 30 secs or so.

Faustus and RM : I had sent my car for servicing to the Kopar khairane SC and it is REALLY far. Also They manged to puncture my one week old Earth 1 tyre, swap it for the spare without repairing it, broke of my windscreen washer reservoir cap and stole the screwdriver for the 3rd time.

Nikhil has a new service centre in Kurla which I am going the try out tomorrow. They had sent me an SMS with a number : 02225103515 its in Sunder lane of LBS road.

Im going to try them out since all AC components are covered under the extended warranty which is valid till April for me so I might as well make use of it. Im going to keep a close eye on these guys to make sure they dont try to swindle me and will report back.
Old 8th March 2016, 21:58   #3624
Senior - BHPian

Sorry couldnt edit my previous post

UPDATE : The new Nikhil Chevrolet workshop in Kurla is full of scamsters. Please avoid at all costs
Old 9th March 2016, 13:39   #3625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Hi guys. So my Beats Air Con has packed up since yesterday. Very low cooling and an intermittent gas hissing sound every 30 secs or so.

Faustus and RM : I had sent my car for servicing to the Kopar khairane SC and it is REALLY far. Also They manged to puncture my one week old Earth 1 tyre, swap it for the spare without repairing it, broke of my windscreen washer reservoir cap and stole the screwdriver for the 3rd time.

Nikhil has a new service centre in Kurla which I am going the try out tomorrow. They had sent me an SMS with a number : 02225103515 its in Sunder lane of LBS road.

Im going to try them out since all AC components are covered under the extended warranty which is valid till April for me so I might as well make use of it. Im going to keep a close eye on these guys to make sure they dont try to swindle me and will report back.
Hey Mortis,

All of a sudden I am facing the same issue with my Beat aircon. Very low cooling. Previously I used to set temperature at 22 degrees, and fan speed of 2 bars was pretty comfortable. Now even when I set temp to 'Lo', still very less cooling. Infact I start sweating during afternoons. Did you get your aircon problem solved ? Or any solutions ?

By the way you mentioned Nikhil in Kurla is full of scamsters. Why are you saying this ? I was thinking of visiting them for my aircon problem.

My car is out of warranty, so maybe I'll have to show to some FNG.
Old 10th March 2016, 01:23   #3626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Hey Mortis,

All of a sudden I am facing the same issue with my Beat aircon. Very low cooling. Previously I used to set temperature at 22 degrees, and fan speed of 2 bars was pretty comfortable. Now even when I set temp to 'Lo', still very less cooling. Infact I start sweating during afternoons. Did you get your aircon problem solved ? Or any solutions ?

By the way you mentioned Nikhil in Kurla is full of scamsters. Why are you saying this ? I was thinking of visiting them for my aircon problem.

My car is out of warranty, so maybe I'll have to show to some FNG.
Hi RM

As mentioned in the other thread, I paid them a visit and after the initial checking the SA directly says first we will have to do a Nitrogen test to check it and that will cost 2500 bucks. Alarm bells started ringing.
At first I hadnt mentioned my Extended Warranty so i brought it up then saying that all these parts were covered by EW so it should be free, its upto them if they want to test with Nitrogen and find the leak or just replace all the parts. Also if then dont want to honour the warranty I will get he work done outside since Im not the type of customer who can be taken for a ride. SA smiles and says dont worry I will get you the best possible solution I have worked as SA in A, B, C and D companies since the last 15 years. Good for him
Then hes asked for the EW papers to check details. Meanwhile he tells me that he will have to prepare an estimate and regardless of whether I ge the work done by them or outside I have to pay 10% of the estimate atleast. Company policy and so on
I lost it. I called up Mr Cyrus Karbhari the Service manager from Reay Road who is not at the Koparkhairane centre as he has always given good advice and been great to deal with, a very customer centric and knowledgeable chap who is unfortunately stuck with these guys.
I explained the situation to him and he had a chat with the SA who had to explain all these policies to him. He then told me that unless they were going to do the work under the extended warranty, to get the car to his workshop where he will try and get me the best solution.
Meanwhile office guy comes up and says EW is invalid cos in my last service I didnt do an oil change as per schedule. I had got it done 2 months earlier.

Asked him to release the car as I was going to send it to the other workshop. New policy, an SA from there has to send them an SMS or mail to release and transfer the car to them as per 'company policy' and to prevent them from putting a warranty denied remark. Called Mr Karbhari and had this policy explained to him. He was once again very cooperative and got the car released.
During this time also the Service Manager Mr Mohammed Zaidi came up a few times to support the SA and also everyone just got up and went for 20mins lunch in the middle of this whole thing (ok fine it was lunch time).

But yeah like I said totally scam central, please avoid.

Car was sent to the Koparkhairane workshop yesterday and is getting checked. On the way driver got stopped twice for sunfilms too

I will let you know how things progress.

For AC repairs, Top Beat in Santacruz is pretty good, we have used them a few times over the years in case you want your AC to be looked at.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 15:46   #3627
BHPian

Hi fellow Beat owners. Have any of you moved to Synthetic/Semi Synthetic engine oil? If yes, which oil and price? and is it recommended?
Old 15th March 2016, 21:20   #3628
Senior - BHPian

Hi in my last Oil change I got Castrol Magnatec stop start. Its pretty good so far. A bit costlier than the oil change at the SC.

Update on the AC : Got the car back today. Condenser replaced under Extended Warranty at Nikhil Auto Koparkhairane. Only had to pay for a couple of gaskets at Rs 194. AC is cooling well like before and got my moneys worth from the Extended Warranty
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 15:08   #3629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Hi in my last Oil change I got Castrol Magnatec stop start. Its pretty good so far. A bit costlier than the oil change at the SC.
Can you let me know the viscosity please? was it 5W30 or 5W40? There is Total 5W40 available at the service center, but I have to change at my own risk as it is not recommended by Chevy (don't know why )
Old 17th March 2016, 15:31   #3630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Can you let me know the viscosity please? was it 5W30 or 5W40? There is Total 5W40 available at the service center, but I have to change at my own risk as it is not recommended by Chevy (don't know why )
Chevrolet recommends 5W-30 API SM GF4 for Beat models. I just got an oil change done 2 weeks back with Castrol Magnatec Start/Stop 5W30 Part-Synthetic. According to Castrol, this oil is suitable for use in petrol and diesel engines where the manufacturer recommends an API SN, ACEA A3/B4 or earlier specification 5W-30 lubricant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks