Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2017, 18:57   #3706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Congrats ! My Beat turned 6 on the 5th of May. I guess now she will be with me for a couple more years atleast and hopefully will remain niggle free
Old 5th September 2017, 08:49   #3707
BHPian

Just wanted to check with the Bangalore guys, do you have any trusted FNG(s) for servicing your Chevy Beat?

My car is nearly 5 years old now and almost out of warranty. I was considering getting my car's next 10k service done outside the Chevrolet Service Centers. I may also have to get a clutch overhaul done. I plan to keep my Beat for a few more years and will require replacing the suspension components in the long run.

I'd really appreciate if you guys could recommend a good FNG in Bangalore for servicing the Beat.
Old 5th September 2017, 09:13   #3708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Just wanted to check with the Bangalore guys, do you have any trusted FNG(s) for servicing your Chevy Beat?

I'd really appreciate if you guys could recommend a good FNG in Bangalore for servicing the Beat.
Please contact Jeboy at Bay6 Engineering works near HSR Layout. Google it to get the number or PM me. Highly recommended. I used to service my Beat over there.

thanks,
Andy
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 11:32   #3709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Please contact Jeboy at Bay6 Engineering works near HSR Layout. Google it to get the number or PM me. Highly recommended. I used to service my Beat over there.

thanks,
Andy
Thank you Andy. I have mailed Bay6 asking for a quote for a Clutch Overhaul. I'll call them up if I don't get a reply soon.

Meanwhile, I had requested Trident Chevrolet to share the estimate for the Clutch Overhaul. I have attached a screenshot of their quote. It does not include replacement of the flywheel.

I don't want to replace the flywheel unless it is absolutely necessary to. Wanted to know how to differentiate between a completely worn-out flywheel and one that's good to continue without replacement. Could someone help me out with this?

Name:  Clutch_OH_Quote.PNG
Views: 3013
Size:  29.7 KB
Old 19th October 2017, 20:22   #3710
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I'm debating what to do with my Beat. Keep it or sell it?
I have maintained it very well all these years.

Availability of spares may be an issue. There is hardly any resale value for the car.

Anyone else facing this dilemma?
Old 20th October 2017, 09:01   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm debating what to do with my Beat. Keep it or sell it?
I have maintained it very well all these years.

Availability of spares may be an issue. There is hardly any resale value for the car.

Anyone else facing this dilemma?
Even I have a Chevy Beat and its very well maintained. Even I am in two minds whether to sell it or keep it as resale value is very low. But I have decided to keep it as it makes no sense to sell at the price which I am getting. I would rather use it for couple of years but usually drive to places where big parking is a problem. Since traffic is increasing in cities, such compact cars are a boon to commute and park and it doesn’t pinch a lot too if it gets a scratch or two though I would never wished for.

Regarding availability of spares I have read that GM will supply spares in local markets because they are continuing with manufacturing of cars for exports and Beat is one of the exported cars. At least for another 3 years they will have service centre also running.
Old 21st October 2017, 17:30   #3712
Senior - BHPian

Im also planning on keeping and using my Beat for a year or two more. Since the resale value is low anyways and might as well use up the lost value if that makes any sense ? Spares shouldnt be an issue its still a relatively common car and I see a few around Mumbai daily and AFAIK parts are available and should continue to be so for a while since there are quite a few Beats in the taxi segment.

In other news my Beat is suddenly giving very poor mileage, around 6kmpl. I suspect the thermostat is stuck open and car is running rich as temp doesnt go above 70 degrees
Old 25th October 2017, 21:07   #3713
BHPian

I m going to keep my Beat for atleast 10 more years. It is running hassle free with no issues. And now in first half of FY 2017-18 the Chevrolet Beat became the most exported car from India. General Motors exported 45,222 units of the left-hand drive Beat hatchback from India in the period from April 17 to September 17. So I am not worried about spares as long as Beat is manufactured in India.
Topolino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 18:35   #3714
Senior - BHPian

Can any of you guys who own a Beat and have an OBD scanner and Torque App give me a hand ? I have a feeling my Beat is not warming up properly and the thermostat is open all the time allowing coolant to flow so its running rich and consuming more fuel. I am quite sure because a while back I had a small coolant leak so I used to check temps regularly.

Right now Im getting the following :

On cold start : 40deg and takes about 10-15 mins of driving or about 2km of driving with the AC off to get to 65-70 deg range and then another 15 mins or so to reach around 85-90 degrees which is the optimal temp for the engine I guess.

With the AC switched on after a couple of mins, it takes even longer to come up to 70 degrees because the cooling fan comes on with the compressor and it pretty much doesnt go over 72 *C when the AC is on.

Id like to know similar details from another Beat to confirm if this is the issue.

I would also like fuel flow rates as well in L/HR

On cold start its around 1.2-1.3 L/HR while rpm is around 800.
Once it settles (idling) and the rpm drops to around 600 which is the normal rpm, the fuel rate is 0.8-0.9 L/HR
With AC ON and idling its about 1.4-1.5 L/HR.

Id greatly appreciate it if another Beat owner could help me out with these values for their car. It would help me eliminate temperature issues as a possible cause for my poor mileage.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 18:46   #3715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Id greatly appreciate it if another Beat owner could help me out with these values for their car. It would help me eliminate temperature issues as a possible cause for my poor mileage.
I will help you. Give me some time. I will post the screenshots
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 18:58   #3716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I will help you. Give me some time. I will post the screenshots
Thanks a lot myavu ! May you be blessed with many cats ! Mainly im interested in the way the temperature changes take place but additional information on the fuel flow rates are also appreciated
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 21:28   #3717
Senior - BHPian

Hi any update on those figures ? If anyone else could also provide them it would be great to compare multiple readings alongside
Old 10th November 2017, 11:15   #3718
BHPian

Could someone tell me what is the replacement interval for the Engine Air Filter? The manual seems to mention only about the Air Cleaner Element, which I think is the cabin air filter.

I've seen the service center has replaced the engine air filter a few times. But just for my own understanding, I wanted to know whether this also needs replacement every 1 year / 10,000 kms? I'm going for my car's 5 year / 50,000 km service tomorrow and don't want to be unnecessarily ripped off.
Old 10th November 2017, 11:31   #3719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Could someone tell me what is the replacement interval for the Engine Air Filter? The manual seems to mention only about the Air Cleaner Element, which I think is the cabin air filter.

I've seen the service center has replaced the engine air filter a few times. But just for my own understanding, I wanted to know whether this also needs replacement every 1 year / 10,000 kms? I'm going for my car's 5 year / 50,000 km service tomorrow and don't want to be unnecessarily ripped off.
Chevrolet is having a service camp from 8-12 Nov. You can get your car checked / serviced during this time and get some kind of benefit.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-chevy.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 13:56   #3720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Chevrolet is having a service camp from 8-12 Nov.
Yes, received this email on 7th and booked the service for tomorrow (11th). Need to change engine oil and front brake pads. Let us see how this turn out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks