Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2010, 23:36   #1786
BHPian

chethan, i must congratulate for such detail discription. i wanted to know from you and others about following questions.
1 while over-taking, are you feeling power-lack ?
2 resale value of polo will remain same as swift or better like honda?
3 After initial hype is over, selling figure will remain same or it will increase or decrese?
4 inspite 1.2 diesel engine, why price is so high, comparing to competitors?
Old 22nd July 2010, 03:15   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
New Polo in glacier blue.
Is this the new 1.6L? It says 'New Polo'. Or is it just the new colour?
Old 22nd July 2010, 04:09   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Is this the new 1.6L? It says 'New Polo'. Or is it just the new colour?
This is not a Polo Highline version, so I don't think its a 1.6L Polo.
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:59   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omvnbhatt View Post
chethan, i must congratulate for such detail discription. i wanted to know from you and others about following questions.
3 After initial hype is over, selling figure will remain same or it will increase or decrese?
Thanks!
1 No Power - lack in overtaking.
2 & 3 Your guess is as good as mine!
4 IMHO, only the engine does not make a car. As a whole, price is OK. May be higher by 50K. But, if you start using it, you will not feel that it is over priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
That's new... The VOLKSWAGEN badge in the rear. Hope that isn't standard on all cars. I liked the uncluttered and simple POLO.
Sorry nowwhat! May be VW will provide the old style badges as accessories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I had heard about the high clutch pedal, but maybe due to my driving position, I didn't have any issues with that.

While we were checking out the display car, nobody tried to explain any features to us (not that we needed any after Chetan's ownership thread).
Diesel Polo's clutch is softer. You will not have a problem. How did you find the power of the engine? Did you feel it is adequate?

Starry Sky - Thanks for the appreciation!!
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:02   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omvnbhatt View Post
Regarding 2 and 3 - any car has a life-cycle. Looking at the early indicators - the appeal, the marketing, and the first impressions on service and build quality - Polo certainly seems to have started on the right foot. I remember seeing an ad about a second hand Polo somewhere in Pune, and sold pretty much at the show room price. It is definitely the most hyped hatch - and owner reports seem to indicate that its living upto expectations. Hopefully, will translate into better resale values.

Frankly, and as Chethan says - Polo has this overall feel good quality - which is not hard cash - but a very important part of the ownership experience. Lets see how it unfolds from here... some very interested people watching by!
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:37   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Diesel Polo's clutch is softer. You will not have a problem. How did you find the power of the engine? Did you feel it is adequate?
For my kind of driving, I feel the power is adequate

The TD was very short and I could not check out all that I wanted to. I will take a more detailed TD soon.

About the engine noise, today morning I drove my in-laws' new Fiesta TDCi and it sounded just as noisy/silent as the Polo yesterday.
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:51   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
@Infantarian - thanks for the response.
What I actually meant is since the VW site comes with a car configurator, which currently helps the customer make cosmetic enhancements to the car, VW can surely enhance this and make these safety stuff a part of that configurator as well. The customer can configure the car and take a printout and go to the dealer and give the details (given that we don't have online bookings in India) while booking the car.

And given the normal waiting period of the car, fitting these off the assembly line shouldn't be a detriment for VW methinks.

Even if there are issues in fitting the lower trims with ABS and Airbags, putting things like Rear defogger/wiper should be easily doable. Providing these options would only enhance the customer-friendly image of the company. And the customer would anyways be paying for these additional features, so the company has everything to gain here.
Yes, the car configurators elsewhere would allow you to actually make a booking based on the configuration. Even here, it allows you to get an idea of what you want; go ahead and take the print-out to the dealer when done.
However, what I dont understand is the idea that things like rear wash/ wipe and defogger are dealer installed bits. Even for rear wash wipe, you need a fluid line going from the washer bottle over the roof to the back.
You need a motor, controlled via the wiper stalk ( which needs a setting for rear washer as well)
For the defogger, you need a heating gird embedded in the rear windscreen, again controlled via a button up front on the dash.
Dont you think these things are ordered as part of the trim level and not as dealer options for a reason? Namely: this is all stuff that is factory fitted. Your dealer can install all this only if he replaces a lot of parts. You might as well order the trim level with the stuff you want standard!
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:01   #1793
BHPian

Polo highline

I have been following this thread closely and am also planning to book a Polo. Thanks to Chetan, Poloman and others for sharing their valuable experiences with their Polo.

I took the TD of Polo highline 2 weeks back and the SP told me that the highline polo has an automatic opening of all 4 windows glasses using the remote keys. If the remote unlock button is kept pressed for around 4 seconds, all the 4 window glasses comes down and goes up. This is specially useful when the car is parked in the sun and you need to open the glasses remotely to cool the car.

Have you guys tried/using this feature? I haven't read anyone discussing this feature or neither remember a polo-highline owner mention it..

Excuse me if I have missed reading a post related to this feature in this gigantic thread!
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:23   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
I have been following this thread closely and am also planning to book a Polo. Thanks to Chetan, Poloman and others for sharing their valuable experiences with their Polo.

I took the TD of Polo highline 2 weeks back and the SP told me that the highline polo has an automatic opening of all 4 windows glasses using the remote keys. If the remote unlock button is kept pressed for around 4 seconds, all the 4 window glasses comes down and goes up. This is specially useful when the car is parked in the sun and you need to open the glasses remotely to cool the car.

Have you guys tried/using this feature? I haven't read anyone discussing this feature or neither remember a polo-highline owner mention it..

Excuse me if I have missed reading a post related to this feature in this gigantic thread!
Thanks!

Check post no: 297 on my ownership thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1973960
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:13   #1795
Senior - BHPian

VW has opened bookings for 1.6L polo, deliveries to start in October 2010 (by Diwali), reports ACI.

It is expected to be priced about INR7.1lac on road Mumbai, about 43k more than 1.2 Highline.. seems VFM if compared to 1.2 Highline.

VW sold 1527 Polos in June 2010, about 200 more than May 2010.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd July 2010 at 14:16.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:18   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Yes, the car configurators elsewhere would allow you to actually make a booking based on the configuration. Even here, it allows you to get an idea of what you want; go ahead and take the print-out to the dealer when done.
However, what I dont understand is the idea that things like rear wash/ wipe and defogger are dealer installed bits. Even for rear wash wipe, you need a fluid line going from the washer bottle over the roof to the back.
You need a motor, controlled via the wiper stalk ( which needs a setting for rear washer as well)
For the defogger, you need a heating gird embedded in the rear windscreen, again controlled via a button up front on the dash.
Dont you think these things are ordered as part of the trim level and not as dealer options for a reason? Namely: this is all stuff that is factory fitted. Your dealer can install all this only if he replaces a lot of parts. You might as well order the trim level with the stuff you want standard!
Abosolutely right, however if the booking and conficgratin can be made online the car can be custom made with the required trim at the factory. But this may be a distant dream for us in India.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:25   #1797
BHPian

Chethan,

Yes i completely agree with you,the TDI's Clutch is really soft.Ive started feeling other car's clutch harder as a result of this.
Even the Mechanic from Maruti's service center was surprised at it.!!

Rgds,
Sachin.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:30   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
VW has opened bookings for 1.6L polo, deliveries to start in October 2010 (by Diwali), reports ACI.

It is expected to be priced about INR7.1lac on road Mumbai, about 43k more than 1.2 Highline.. seems VFM if compared to 1.2 Highline.

VW sold 1527 Polos in June 2010, about 200 more than May 2010.
This refers to the invoiced numbers. Any idea about the total number of Polo's booked across the country?
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:58   #1799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
This refers to the invoiced numbers. Any idea about the total number of Polo's booked across the country?
VW manufactured 1671 Polo's in the month of June '10 (sold 1527) and so far 3873 cars have been manufactured (3742 sold). Not sure about the number of bookings. I think i remember reading somewhere it was around 5000.
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:28   #1800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
VW manufactured 1671 Polo's in the month of June '10 (sold 1527) and so far 3873 cars have been manufactured (3742 sold). Not sure about the number of bookings. I think i remember reading somewhere it was around 5000.
People waiting for the Car - 1671 Manufactured - 1527 Sold?

Balance of 144 cars with dealers as TD cars and Display cars? - 144/40 = more then 3 cars per dealer? We do not see many cars in the show room. Leave alone TD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks