Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 22:31   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Is ESP offered in Polo Highline? Sorry if I missed this.
Old 30th July 2010, 23:05   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Is ESP offered in Polo Highline? Sorry if I missed this.
No it is not offered. Do any of the Indian hatchbacks have ESP on offer?
Old 1st August 2010, 22:56   #1818
BHPian

Booked My Polo from Orion Motors - Hyderabad

Guys,

Thanks a lot for all the information and experiences about your Polo!
Me and my wife finally decided to go ahead with the booking in spite of the long waiting period.
We booked a Highline 1.2 Petrol model yesterday, and the OTR in hyderabad comes to about 7.1L.

This is inclusive of the 10.5K accessory that includes Rubber Floor Mats, Mud Flaps and two-tone Leather seat covers.
The only thing that we are a little undecided is the Color. I had give a color choice of Candy White ( non-metallic ) and Reflex Silver ( metallic ). I need your suggestions on which one to go for.. We like White, but as its non-metallic, we are a little hesitant to go for that color. I had a Metallic Caribbean blue color WagonR before which looked very nice. So, I was not sure how a non-metallic color would be, say after 3-4 years.

Will the shine in a non-metallic color go off after some years ? And moreover, being a white color, it would require a daily cleaning.

Need your suggestions.

Has any other TeamBHP'ian booked the car in Hyderabad from this dealer ?
What are the other goodies/bargain can I do with the dealer ?

My long of 3 months starts from today! Hoping to be a proud owner of a Polo before end of this year !
Old 2nd August 2010, 00:26   #1819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
The only thing that we are a little undecided is the Color. I had give a color choice of Candy White ( non-metallic ) and Reflex Silver ( metallic ).
Will the shine in a non-metallic color go off after some years ? And moreover, being a white color, it would require a daily cleaning.
Go for white, its looks far better on the polo than the silver IMHO. White looks very elegant but silver is very basic. Also if you get the teflon done, the car's shine wont go off. Also a normal rubbing polish and perhaps teflon every 2 years keeps white in excellent condition. You can check number of recent civic pre-owned threads and see that white if maintained properly looks pristine even 3-4 years down the line. My 3 year old cedia still looks bright and new. I'd say white all the way..no second thoughts.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd August 2010 at 00:27.
Old 2nd August 2010, 01:32   #1820
Distinguished - BHPian

Just for the opposite point of view...

Go for metallic... metallic anything. You get that feeling that the paint isn't just a thin surface: it has depth, and a good metallic paint job is very different from a cheap one. I was very impressed with the silver that I saw at an exhibition. Absolutely nothing plain about it!

But... a metalic or pearlescent finish is much harder to deal with scratches on

Not that I'm saying the white won't look good! I saw a huge BMW (7), the other day, in plain, simple white. It looked plain, simple magnificent!

Colour is a choice only you can make.

Correction: Colour is a choice only you or your partner can make!
Old 2nd August 2010, 06:16   #1821
Senior - BHPian

White looks very elegant on Polo. I totally agree with Gaurav, Silver looks plane jane on Polo in day lights. It may look much better in showroom lights.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:41   #1822
Distinguished - BHPian

My choice is likely to be the Emotion Blue

Hard to judge on a thumbnail brochure pic, though: I hope they have some bigger samples.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:49   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Thad, it has been captured in the thread long back.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...eview-119.html

Last edited by poloman : 2nd August 2010 at 11:53.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:11   #1824
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah, yes... it looks lovely, but colour consistency through the stages of photo to monitor may or may not be right. Thanks for the link, anyway.

If I was to buy an entire car based on the colours available, it would be that Honda purple (don't know what they call it). It is very distinctive and almost my trade mark colour.
Old 3rd August 2010, 08:56   #1825
BHPian

Polo hit by parts shortage

Read this in ET today:

VW's Polo drive hit by parts shortage-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Interesting reading, will draw the ire of already waiting VW customers - VW should at least have mentioned how they plan to manage the wait-list.

Cheers,
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:16   #1826
BHPian

Saw Pepper grey HL for the first time today at showroom.
Also, the blue colour CL. Both were looking good. Blue one took the snaps especially for Thad - if I remember correctly you mentioned about this colour in some thread, so some pics for you.
Sorry for the quality taken from mobile and it was raining outside, so only under showroom lights
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-image0292.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-image0293.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-image0307.jpg  

Last edited by AvonA7 : 3rd August 2010 at 21:18.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:27   #1827
Senior - BHPian

The blue does not look that great in the pictures. The white/black/red are the best colors for Polo IMO.
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:05   #1828
BHPian

My car arrived in the showroom today. Went to see the car before it goes for registration, everything looked fine, Odo at 22.3 km, so far so good.
Reading team-bhp and many stories of deliveries I checked whatever I could during the PDI - started off with matching the VIN no. give to me few days back, the body for any scratch, spare wheel, seats, lights, orvms, spare wheel, even checked the rear windows whether its rolling up n down properly or not! later on I felt may be I behaved like a school kid.

At the end the lady asked me - sir, are you ok with this car, i said yes, with a smile. Never knew anything about this pdi, so many processes about car buying. Thanks to team-bhp for educating me and sharing many valuable information.

I would like to thank team-bhp for the excellent review by GTO, polo owners and non-polo owners, all, for sharing honest and detailed feedback about their cars which helped me finalizing on Polo.

I am offered the highline music system with speakers at 12k with 1 year warranty. it doesn`t have any aux & usb. Hows the quality, do you guys think it would be advisable to go for it. I think look wise it`ll be good as its a 2DIN, but only concern is no USB.
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:17   #1829
Senior - BHPian

@AvonA7...Congrats on your car! Looking forward to an ownership review soon. Do you have more pics of the Pepper grey Polo?
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:41   #1830
Distinguished - BHPian

AvonA7, thanks for more picks of the blue. It does look good in grey too

I really don't like the design of the lower front: it looks like a car that has had its throat cut!

In my mother country, metalic/pearl/opal paints are usually a chargeable option, and not cheap either. That leaves me feeling its hard to pay the same amount for a flat colour as I would for metalic.

Most Viewed