Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 09:31   #1831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
My car arrived in the showroom today. Went to see the car before it goes for registration, everything looked fine, Odo at 22.3 km, so far so good.
Reading team-bhp and many stories of deliveries I checked whatever I could during the PDI - started off with matching the VIN no. give to me few days back, the body for any scratch, spare wheel, seats, lights, orvms, spare wheel, even checked the rear windows whether its rolling up n down properly or not! later on I felt may be I behaved like a school kid.

At the end the lady asked me - sir, are you ok with this car, i said yes, with a smile. Never knew anything about this pdi, so many processes about car buying. Thanks to team-bhp for educating me and sharing many valuable information.

I would like to thank team-bhp for the excellent review by GTO, polo owners and non-polo owners, all, for sharing honest and detailed feedback about their cars which helped me finalizing on Polo.

I am offered the highline music system with speakers at 12k with 1 year warranty. it doesn`t have any aux & usb. Hows the quality, do you guys think it would be advisable to go for it. I think look wise it`ll be good as its a 2DIN, but only concern is no USB.
From what I have heard from others so far, the Highline music system isn't all that great.

If I were you I would go for one of the following, maybe even the base Kenwood system that comes with AUX
  • Music system MP3/AUX 10,800 Kenwood with 4 spkrs + installations
  • Music system MP3/AUX/USB 13,700 Kenwood with 4 spkrs + installations
  • Music system MP3/AUX/USB/BT 19,300 Kenwood with 4 spkrs + installations
  • Music system Double DIN AUX/USB 22,300 Kenwood with 4 spkrs + installations
Someone else had posted the above earlier, but I can't locate the post. I understand all these prices are from the VW dealer in Pune.
Old 4th August 2010, 10:16   #1832
BHPian

Theraginbull : Thanks. The photo I have of Pepper Grey is not that good as I took it from mobile, so not posting here.

nowwhat? : Thanks for input. In fact my only concern is USB, when I checked with the accessories person at dealer I was told that the speakers are the same NFC1601, 6" - 2+2.
The details you are referring to was posted by me only, pg.107 of this thread.

Chethan, Poloman : Can you please suggest what do you think of the music system at 12K with speakers, you guys are using it daily.
Old 4th August 2010, 10:22   #1833
Senior - BHPian

Avon, I am not a music buff.So I find the music system quite adequate. Sound quality is quite OK. But you will miss the USB/AUX surely. 12K for the HU+speakers is a good deal according to me. But if VW is allowing you to install HU of your wish, I would have gone for a good 2DIN one with all goodies like touchscreen, Blue tooth, AUX/USB..etc
Old 4th August 2010, 10:32   #1834
BHPian

@AvonA7,

IMO HU for 12k looks fab for 2 din system. For speakers i would suggest you to go for after market may be JBL and like that. Rest all HUs offered by VW from kenwood are highly over pricey and i have compared that what being offered in the market. When did you book the car?

Last edited by Subaro123 : 4th August 2010 at 10:35. Reason: Forgot something to ask.
Old 4th August 2010, 12:02   #1835
BHPian

Thanks Poloman. I am also not a music buff, any decent system with good speakers would do. usb would have sealed the deal

Subaro123 : I booked on 24th Apr and as promised by dealer car arrived on-time ( I was given EDD by 2nd week of Aug max. ).

The 2DIN HU offered by the dealer (as accessories) is Kenwood DPX-5110U, I checked from outside the price of this HU + 4 spkrs + couplers (if I go by Gaurav, then without antenna coupler) + installations is quoted at 19.5K so 2.8K less than dealer, which is a lot of difference provided they do a proper installation job.

Even though 2DIN provide good looks but I doubt how much I`ll be using this music system spending 20K +.
I think I would try and speak with the dealer and If I can bring the price down (for HL one) by few more thousand would go for it, else would go for the single din with AUX/USB.
Old 4th August 2010, 13:03   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
nowwhat? : Thanks for input. In fact my only concern is USB, when I checked with the accessories person at dealer I was told that the speakers are the same NFC1601, 6" - 2+2.
The details you are referring to was posted by me only, pg.107 of this thread.
AvonA7: Oops! I searched for your post but couldn't locate it. I had saved your Excel file long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
By the way - I met a Polo - Highline owner in Downtown showroom in Bangalore, yesterday. He had changed his head unit to something more interesting. So, he has the original ICE with 4 speakers for sale. Interested TL/CL owners can contact him through the Dealer. Customer name is Mr.Chetan Malhotra. Yes - another Chetan!
Food for thought: Since the dealer has the OEM music system, doesn't that mean that some Highline owner didn't want it and moved to (maybe) Kenwood?

If the difference between getting it from outside and the dealer is only 2.8K, I would do it in a heartbeat to avoid voiding the warranty.

Europeans usually have flaky electricals and I have had my share on my previous Merc.
Old 4th August 2010, 13:32   #1837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Read this in ET today:
VW's Polo drive hit by parts shortage-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Interesting reading, will draw the ire of already waiting VW customers - VW should at least have mentioned how they plan to manage the wait-list. Cheers,
This would sure bug many buyers / prospective buyers of VW cars in India, till the time it is limited to the waiting time for a new car it is still understandable. However with a decent number of vehicles on the road the after sales support and part replacement will be a major headache for the company and high levels of customer dis-satisaction and negative word of mouth publicity.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:02   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
This would sure bug many buyers / prospective buyers of VW cars in India, till the time it is limited to the waiting time for a new car it is still understandable. However with a decent number of vehicles on the road the after sales support and part replacement will be a major headache for the company and high levels of customer dis-satisaction and negative word of mouth publicity.
Exactly the reason why I am so apprehensive about the Vento & considering a 'boring' Jap/Korean. Atleast I don't have to worry about spares availability like I'm facing with my Logan. No one can beat them in service & comparably trouble free long term ownership.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:12   #1839
BHPian

@AvonA7, Regarding price of Kenwood double din system you got it wrong. HU in market actually costs around Rs.8000.00 and system provided by VW comes with only 2 speakers not with 4 speakers and that too offering is cheap. They costs around Rs. 1,100.00. So that makes total of Rs. 9,100.00 against VW offering of Rs. 19,998.00. That makes more than 100% of the after market price. I had mentioned earlier about couplers that antennae couplers would be available in market as kenwood was out of inventory on account of all the inventories being purchased by VW. Even Gaurav suggested me not to buy any of the accessories from VW as they are much cheaper outside. Rest all is yours spending.

I booked my car on 29th march and even then not got my car.

Hopefully would be getting in 3-4 days.
Old 4th August 2010, 15:26   #1840
BHPian

Subaro123 : Did you booked HL? Still, by now you should get your car. Check with your dealer, here I saw even Pepper grey HL, so VW is definitely producing all colours and variants.

Regarding the HU, if I can recall correctly the 2DIN model ID you mentioned is different to the one I (DPX5110U) mentioned. And I checked with dealer, the price is inclusive of 4 spkrs and HU also I checked with 2 outside shop the difference is ~3K(may be I didn`t bargain much, it was just a general inquiry).

But yes most of the accessories in VW is costly and I think this is normal to any dealer. Yesterday I was told that the rubber mats are best during monsoon and it would cost around 1800/- . Outside I can get it (a good quality one) anywhere ~800/-. Transparent mat ranges from 500-1200/-.
Old 4th August 2010, 16:38   #1841
BHPian

@AvonA7, I have checked it once again. I guess you are right. Rs. 8000 was for MP3110 but still MP5110U costs Rs. 11000.00 without any bargain. I had price list for VW accessories which shows Kenwood double with with FR Speakers costing Rs. 19998.00, doesn't it meant only two front speakers. And does the one provided by VW comes with Bluetooth or Bluetooth Ready?

Regarding delivery I been in constantly touch with dealer and VW Sales head of Delhi Region but still not got it delivered.
Old 4th August 2010, 17:29   #1842
BHPian

Posting for my friend. My friend finally got a call from Vidyut Motors that there will soon be a Glacier Blue HL next week or so. He has been Fida over the colour but also loved the Pepper Grey colour when he saw it yesterday on Monday.

One more point: VW is asking some forms to be filled in by HR department of the buyer's company for getting the discount. Vidyut mentioned that the process has changed. Is this some thing new?
Old 6th August 2010, 10:57   #1843
BHPian

Today My colleague’s 1.6 Highline arrived (white colour), he will be getting it tomorrow after RTO formalities
Bangalore on road price is 7.22 (after 10k corporate discount)
Old 6th August 2010, 11:15   #1844
BHPian

When did your friend book the car?
Old 6th August 2010, 11:16   #1845
BHPian

Folks,

I read in Motoroids that there is a defect in Polo which causes scratches in the bonnet when the driver side wiper is lifted for cleaning. Is this true? Anyone else have this problem?
If this is true, it is a serious design issue and considering Vento also shares the same platform, it could also have the same problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks