Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 16:16   #1861
BHPian

Congrats Subaro123. Looking forward to your ownership review. Make sure you throw in a lot of pics
Old 7th August 2010, 18:25   #1862
BHPian

I called Downtown VW again today, they said they do not have a TD vehicle, expecting one by end Aug. Deliveries of 1.6 have not started as yet but due to start by end October at the earliest. The salesman also confirmed that 1.6 will cost 7.44 OTR Bangalore.

Lot of conflicting reports of the long awaited 'hot hatch', hope theses guys are not up to some cheap tricks again.
Old 7th August 2010, 18:59   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
I called Downtown VW again today, they said they do not have a TD vehicle, expecting one by end Aug. Deliveries of 1.6 have not started as yet but due to start by end October at the earliest. The salesman also confirmed that 1.6 will cost 7.44 OTR Bangalore.

Lot of conflicting reports of the long awaited 'hot hatch', hope theses guys are not up to some cheap tricks again.
I too have been blindsided by the new development as I was recently given an ETA of September but I am awaiting details from vvvinod.
Old 7th August 2010, 21:26   #1864
mxx
BHPian

@GTO
Are you going to do a 1.6 test drive??
Old 7th August 2010, 22:39   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
Tomorrow I am getting my car delivery POLO comfortline Petrol

Thanks Team Bhp and Team Bhp mates.
Congratulations Subaro123!
Wish you a very happy delivery and ownership experience of Polo!

BTW, I am able to bargain and negotiate the price of Polo HL HU + 4 speakers (new & not the HL speakers) to 10K. I believe it is the best I can get considering the fact that a single din with 4 spkrs would cost around 14K (with usb/aux from VW), I am going by this.
Old 7th August 2010, 23:58   #1866
BHPian

Thanx Shadow, AvonA7.

@AvonA7, good thats good deal done. Hope i could get the same from dealer at the same price. It depends on the availability i guess. Are you going to buy or already bought all the accessories from VW showroom?
Old 8th August 2010, 08:47   #1867
BHPian

Its already ordered and got the confirmation that the same will be fitted and delivered. Yes you are correct, I think this depends on availability if any HL owner is ready to change the music system. In my case this offer was given by the dealership only.
Old 8th August 2010, 13:48   #1868
BHPian

Guys

I am planning to upgrade my HU in polo (1.6 delivery expected end of this month) to the one available in jetta or pasaat.
Its a touchscreen unit Model# RCD-510. The VW guys have simply refused to offer any help or even sell the HU to me.

The size of the HU is same across the VW range. There are youtube videos which show the HU fitted in a Polo(not indian though).

I am attaching a pic of the back of RCD-510. I was wondering if anyone can help me out in figuring out whether it is possible to connect/fit it in the polo. If anyone can manage to check out the backside of the HU and if it seems similar then it might be possible to retrofit it in my polo. Please help me out, I really need to be sure before i go out and buy the HU.

I am planning to buy this HU from USA where its costs around 400-500$ which is definately cheaper compared to any double-din touchscreen HU in India and most importantly, being an OEM HU it goes with the car's interior as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vw5.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vw10.jpg  

Old 8th August 2010, 18:39   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
Guys

I am planning to upgrade my HU in polo (1.6 delivery expected end of this month) to the one available in jetta or pasaat.
Its a touchscreen unit Model# RCD-510. The VW guys have simply refused to offer any help or even sell the HU to me.

The size of the HU is same across the VW range. There are Youtube videos which show the HU fitted in a Polo(not indian though).

I am attaching a pic of the back of RCD-510. I was wondering if anyone can help me out in figuring out whether it is possible to connect/fit it in the polo. If anyone can manage to check out the backside of the HU and if it seems similar then it might be possible to retrofit it in my polo. Please help me out, I really need to be sure before i go out and buy the HU.

I am planning to buy this HU from USA where its costs around 400-500$ which is definately cheaper compared to any double-din touchscreen HU in India and most importantly, being an OEM HU it goes with the car's interior as well.
Hi AnkitPrashar,

Don't have anything to add, but the idea itself is so cool!

Let us know how it goes...

nowwhat?
Old 9th August 2010, 11:01   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post

Bangalore OTR : 7.22 after 10k Corp discount

uploaded pics at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2017816
Old 9th August 2010, 15:30   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
He is also very exited about it at the moment, in fact this is the first Polo 1.6 in Karnataka (as per dealer )

VW pricing is a killer i must say, (7.3 BLR on road )you get 1.6 Polo High line

Jazz (basic model) Ex-showroom is 7,34,471.00
i20 (Asta) Ex-showroom 5,78,649.00

His car is still in TEMP registration , dealer say it will take 2 or 3 weeks to get it registered

So it looks like its special delivery and normal delivery should start after 3 weeks time
Super aggressive pricing from VW. Way to go. I think they are setting it up nicely before the Vento is launched. With heavy localization, the Vento should cost <10L. 7-9L was what was predicted earlier.

Jazz will lose all that jazz (whatever modicum it was left with) with that inflated price tag which looks mighty ridiculous after the 1.6 Polo price.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:43   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Super aggressive pricing from VW. Way to go. I think they are setting it up nicely before the Vento is launched. With heavy localization, the Vento should cost <10L. 7-9L was what was predicted earlier.

Jazz will lose all that jazz (whatever modicum it was left with) with that inflated price tag which looks mighty ridiculous after the 1.6 Polo price.
VW Polo 1.6 is definitely a good price at just 40K more than the 1.2. I don't think anyone would want to buy the 1.2 highline model now!
Being a Jazz owner, I will just say every vehicle has its strengths and weaknesses. FYI, after all the discounts on Jazz, the difference between the Polo 1.6 and Jazz is around 50K OTR (not including the free accessories which you can bargain in the Jazz) and the difference with Polo 1.2 and i20 Asta is around 90K and 1.1L respectively!
Expect Vento petrol prices to be from 7.5L to 9L ex-showroom (about 50K cheaper than the City)
Old 9th August 2010, 17:20   #1873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
VW Polo 1.6 is definitely a good price at just 40K more than the 1.2. I don't think anyone would want to buy the 1.2 highline model now!
For a country obsessed with mileage, the 1.2 will still take precedence over 1.6 Otherwise yeah, it is better 'value for money'.
By the way, congrats on the Jazz! Great buy!
Old 9th August 2010, 17:56   #1874
BHPian

Small Test drive report (~1 KM) of POLO 1.6 HL from an Aam Aadmi

Engine and Transmissions as per the VW website
Acceleration from 0-100 kph (s) 11.1
Engine Type 4-cylinder
Displacement (cc) 1598
Max. power output [PS (kW) @rpm] 105 (77) @5250
Max. torque (Nm @rpm) 153 @3750
Transmission 5-speed manual
---------------------------------
Interior and exterior looks same as 1.2 HL no difference what so ever

Couple of nice thing i noticed

1) You can roll down all 4 windows remotely by pressing unlock button for few seconds; it will roll up if you keep pressing the lock button for 3 sec or more.
2) Trunk open is in the remote key

Things which i don’t like

1) 14" Spare steel wheel when your CAR is on 15" Alloy
2) No Electric Control for Mirror
3) No ACC

Sorry If GTO is already covered it in his review
--------------------------

Test drive happened near my office so not found an empty road to touch 3 figures
When i drove i felt it is taking some time to move (2 or 3 sec delay, I mean 104 BHP surge is not there) in first gear with 4 people. After that it make music from tail "Wrrooom" and reached 70+ with no time I loved the way RPM meter was climbing but I had to slow down since there was lot of speed breakers , It's got a REV free engine for sure.
My friend and Polo 1.6 owner also felt same about the initial delay, May be something to do with clutch setting or they designed it in that way or we were expecting little too much, asked him to check with SP.

We have to wait for GTO's review to know more.

FYI: My friend's drive is a Punto 1.3 E and mine is a City ZX VTEC plus, 4th Person drive a i20 Asta. Overall we gave "very good" rating it missed excellent due to items it missed in "things i didn't like" portion
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-p1090571.jpg  

Last edited by vvvinod : 9th August 2010 at 18:01.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:18   #1875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1) 14" Spare steel wheel when your CAR is on 15" Alloy
I don't understand how that can even work. Doesn't mean only three wheels will touch the ground?

Most Viewed