Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 12:34   #181
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant Review GTO & Rehaan.

The Polo looks exciting now only if they had put in a better engine. Anyways the pricing looks spot on.
Old 1st March 2010, 12:39   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Large door lock / unlock buttons. When the car is secured, the "lock icon" stays illuminated. Strangely, even on the Highline variant that we drove (4 power windows), the driver's door only had controls for two!
Because I guess in higher variant, windows controls are also given in remote.
Old 1st March 2010, 12:52   #183
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant review guys. Without net access for last 2 days, I was thinking "GTO must have already test driven Polo, tomorrow morning first thing I will o it read about POLO TD report" and yes I am doing it from morning!

As mentioned by many users here even I don’t see and USP of Polo here but overall VW badge feeling is the one which give a premium feel. And it comes with EPS, then I don’t see anything "German" about it. It’s a plane jane car for Indian masses!

Quote:
Well, I drive a Merc and can tell you that it's an exaggeration. Yes, the Polo is VERY stable at high speed, as Rehaan posted there is some truth in the statement. But comparing to a Merc so blatantly is well............

Best amongst hatchbacks : The Punto, in terms of outright solidity and straight line stability

Thanks GTO, i had this question in mind when I read about an Auto mag saying :it has MERC level of ride at 150 I was sure it was a joke by Auto mag.

I feel rather than Punto 1.2 sales, i20 is more impacted due to more premium like feel VW badge give over Hyundai badge!

Regarding sluggish Diesel, is it possible to Pete it!

Let's wait and watch how does market treat VW Polo, the 10 autoricks

PS: enough of Polo TD report for me today, i will start working

Last edited by recshenoy : 1st March 2010 at 12:56.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:04   #184
BHPian

Thanks for superb review guys. Most of the doubts i had in mind..some of those i wanted to get clarified in a TD have actually been answered. Thankyou. However, can you please tell your opinion on how the powerful AC on POLO would load the 1200 cubic petrol engine..?

Thanks in advance..
Old 1st March 2010, 13:09   #185
Team-BHP Support

Excellent review guys! i was always skeptical about the 3 pot motors capabilities. Your review sure has thrown a new light towards them. Definitely need to check out

Any info on service cost, if common parts are going to be cheap or not?
Old 1st March 2010, 13:34   #186
BHPian

GTO were these pics clicked on Tuesdays at Pune chakan Plant
Old 1st March 2010, 14:27   #187
AAK

Hello guys...
Somehow I managed to get a testdrive of Indian Polo, and without any doubt the Gearbox and suspension setup are top notch. Event the 3rd Gen Honda city feels cheap in front of this small beauty.

I feel this is THE drivers car. VW please bring 1.2 TSI to India ASAP.
overall this car shows what Das auto means

cheers
Old 1st March 2010, 14:35   #188
Senior - BHPian

What are the Pros/Cons of a hydraulic Power steering over EPS ? I read some where that the hydraulic ones saps lot of engine power & need maintenance periodically. Is it correct ?

Like the POLO does the FIGO also have a hydraulic unit ?
Old 1st March 2010, 14:38   #189
BHPian

Looks seem to be the main drawback. Since you are predicting a lot of aftermarket support for this baby, it should make its way into the garages (and hearts) of a few enthusiasts!
Old 1st March 2010, 14:53   #190
Senior - BHPian

Indian Polo ?

with this cheap line up of engines and evident cost cutting is the Polo really a drivers car?May be when the 1.6 is launched it will be a different story.

VW seems to have got it all wrong, no key selling point, not enough service centers or showrooms.
Why should one buy the Polo ?Except for the looks and gear step up which is a waste without a proper engine.
Old 1st March 2010, 14:53   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Considering that the current-gen Swift is the best B segment seller by a mile (9,000 cars a month), I don't suppose Maruti would be in a hurry. The cost of producing an all-new gen is substantially larger than that of a 6 year old car.
Nice review!! I think Next Gen Swift would be showcased in Mid 2010. Knowing how big the Swift Club is and with launch of so many small cars i dont think Maruti is gonna wait for too long. I expect New Swift in 2011 atleast.

Coming to the Polo, as many mentioned i think this car does'nt have a USP.
The VW brand name should help it to sell without a doubt. Though its not a sheer VFM atleast VW kept up their word in the pricing.

OT:-
Can we see Hyundai reducing prices of i20 CRDI after this? Im still surprised that they are importing the 1.4 CRDI engine from Korea(?).
Old 1st March 2010, 14:55   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
OT:-
Can we see Hyundai reducing prices of i20 CRDI after this? Im still surprised that they are importing the 1.4 CRDI engine from Korea(?).
I 20 is already selling in good numbers with waiting period , they will not be worried about polo or figo for that matter.
Old 1st March 2010, 15:15   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I 20 is already selling in good numbers with waiting period , they will not be worried about polo or figo for that matter.
is it i20 diesel or i20 as a whole. I dont remember seeing i20 diesel on road! Even on team bhp, not many i20 diesel ownsership reports are posted.

People,

Any idea, how many "expensive" diesel i20 Hyundai manages to sell in a month?
Old 1st March 2010, 15:41   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
is it i20 diesel or i20 as a whole. I dont remember seeing i20 diesel on road! Even on team bhp, not many i20 diesel ownsership reports are posted.

People,

Any idea, how many "expensive" diesel i20 Hyundai manages to sell in a month?
No idea about the split between diesel and petrol , but diesel is not doing too good i suppose . I 20 as whole is selling quite well
Old 1st March 2010, 16:30   #195
Senior - BHPian

Polo 1.2 (Petrol) looks tempting as an package just like Fabia after price correction!! Though Polo (Petrol) is priced competitively, lot will depend on "Ownership cost" and "A.S.S" to make it a real competitor for Swift/i10/Ritz.

IMO Polo should have had 4-cylinder engines, at least to match up with the competition.
I think overall Figo is a better car then Polo, unless some one is obsessed with brand "VW".

Most Viewed