Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 14:16   #1936
BHPian

Have seen 3 accident damaged Polos in the last 2 days in Pune. Two Silver and one Red. Felt really bad. Seems like a lot of buyers are opting for Polo as their first car.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:00   #1937
BHPian

It may or may not be the first ride case. IMHO its the sporty shape and peppiness in engine of POLO had something to do with that. However, the engine is underpowered which I realized on driving POLO on daily basis, but car as a built in body is more than capable of handling what 1.2L 75hp engine is driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
Have seen 3 accident damaged Polos in the last 2 days in Pune. Two Silver and one Red. Felt really bad. Seems like a lot of buyers are opting for Polo as their first car.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:44   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
It may or may not be the first ride case. IMHO its the sporty shape and peppiness in engine of POLO had something to do with that. However, the engine is underpowered which I realized on driving POLO on daily basis, but car as a built in body is more than capable of handling what 1.2L 75hp engine is driving.
And that's what the 1.6L is here for.
Can't wait to hear more from owners of the 1.6.
Test driving one this Sunday, hopefully it will be available.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:14   #1939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
And that's what the 1.6L is here for.
Can't wait to hear more from owners of the 1.6.
Test driving one this Sunday, hopefully it will be available.
I am eagerly waiting for a good TD report of the Polo 1.6. Till date, I have not seen a single credible test drive report of the polo 1.6..very very surprising that none of the automags are also talking about it.
Old 20th August 2010, 17:13   #1940
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ AFAIK the Polo 1.6 will get the same Petrol engine as the Vento Petrol, so expect similar performance unless VW detunes it to offer inferior performance compared to the Vento.
Old 20th August 2010, 18:27   #1941
BHPian

The Polo 1.6 Diesel (If launched ) would be the ultimate engine if we go by the Team-BHP TD report on Vento. Why cant VW add a couple of thousands and gift us the 1.2 TSI? The entire world talks about it.
Old 20th August 2010, 20:06   #1942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
I suggest you can go to Elite Motors in case you want to shell out less money and want to give less money to the dealer for 4 months. The booking amount there is only 25k while downtown will ask for 50k but on the flip side it is not centrally located and except one SP George there I am not impressed with others there. I for one am always more comfortable giving out less money till I receive the product.
VW Downtown and VW Hosur Road both belong to Elite Motors Pvt. Ltd.

Which Elite Motors are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
I booked my 1.6 L polo at VW Downtown, few reasons:
1. Theirs was the first dealership to acknowledge that it existed.
2. Regularly followed up with me before booking.
3. Accepted 20K as the booking amount.

... and they keep me posted on the status from time to time over email and phone. Could not ask for more. Elite motors hosur road and Palace cross have been hopeless.
I am seriously miffed with VW Downtown Bangalore...

I made my booking for Polo 1.6 on June 30th paying 50K to VW Downtown (Elite Motors). At that time I had to do a lot of arm-twisting and had to struggle for them to even take my booking.

Now you are telling me that you paid only 20K!

Also VW Downtown hasn't called me even once since the booking.

To top it all, someone who changed his mind from the 1.2 to the 1.6 in July also got his car.
Old 21st August 2010, 01:26   #1943
BHPian

Got my black Highling home today

Got my Polo Highline Petrol in Black delivered today, by VW downtown. It was a special 'rush' day with lots of deliveries happening since it was auspicious day.

Very happy first impressions - now it will be time to get to know each other better

Pics and reviews, hopefully over the weekend.
Old 21st August 2010, 07:57   #1944
BHPian

Congrats Driver2000! All the very best and wishing you loads of happy miles with your black beauty!
Eagerly waiting for the pics!
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:29   #1945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
VW Downtown and VW Hosur Road both belong to Elite Motors Pvt. Ltd.

Which Elite Motors are you referring to?
I am talking about the Hosur road one but most SP at VW have a don't give a damn attitude, maybe because they have enough customers and they have never seen so many customers in VW showroom earlier
Old 24th August 2010, 20:50   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Found this ad/short film on the polo! Felt like sharing it...

The more I see it the more appealing it looks!
Old 24th August 2010, 23:05   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
I am talking about the Hosur road one but most SP at VW have a don't give a damn attitude, maybe because they have enough customers and they have never seen so many customers in VW showroom earlier
That part about the sales people is true.

I remember when I went for the test drive there was a mad rush of people at VW Downtown. It seemed that everyone had come with their entire family. There were grandfathers, children, etc. It looked like a fair. To add to the crowd I too was there with my family.

I waited for an hour and I guess I got their attention because I asked "How is VW going to be different from Skoda?". That got one of their senior people through who had earlier worked at TAFE and he told me that VW, Skoda and Audi for the most part work like independent companies except at the very top. Not sure how far that is true.

In between I kept telling my wife that maybe we should look for some other car. But curiously she was patient this time.

One thing I can tell you about the sales people is that they are confused whether they are selling a 20 lakh+ car or a sub 10 lakh car. But to their credit, they are courteous.

They are also confused how to deal with so many people and their expectations. I know of one guy who came with the amount in cash with the expectation that he could drive off with the vehicle. Another promised to pay 1 lakh over the sticker price.

I now remember it was similar when I went to book my Maruti 800.

When the dust settles in a year or two, we will know for ourselves if VW was able to meet all our expectations.
Old 24th August 2010, 23:22   #1948
Senior - BHPian

That's a lovely ad!! Thanks for the link anekho! But being a 4min long ad, will this be aired on TV too?
Old 25th August 2010, 11:37   #1949
BHPian

@anekho - the ad is nice.

Noticed at 2:29min in the advertisement, the "Service Reminder" is showing the days (370) and KMs left for first service (15000).

Experts - Why the days left column is 370 where the service interval is 1year or 15K km. Isn't the days should <=365 ?
Old 25th August 2010, 14:17   #1950
BHPian

Interesting experience

I was at VW downtown yesterday, getting my Polo (black, highline) number plates fitted (ownership thread coming soon). While I was there, I saw a brand new Polo, coming in on a tow truck - and it was completely lost in the accident. Apparently, it is one of the first 1.6 deliveries that happened in Bangalore (not the very first) - and it got totalled within two days. The owner was trying to avoid a dog, and hit a tree. Apparently, the owner's deposit is still with the company - and he has asked the dealership to book another car, he is so happy with the performance!

So, the 1.6 Polo certainly drives well (zippy), has great safety features, and inspires confidence. Anything else, lets see!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks