Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:00   #1996
Senior - BHPian

I am in my mid 30s and I still feel GP looks better than Polo. In my mid 50s I will stick to this, who never knows? (this is purely my opinion) I had TDed 90HP GP and the fit and finish of interior was about 40% better than last years FGT. Feature wise GP scores over Polo. I recommend GP 90HP anyday over POLO HL D.

FIAT A.S.S is improving as per t-bhp ownership reports. Let us wait and watch.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 28th September 2010, 13:24   #1997
BHPian

Petrol Engine Noise and Vibrations Polo 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Booked Polo highline on 25 Feb. Delivery expected by last week of April. I would like to post my initial impressions and clear some misconceptions about the car in the process.
Some predefined notions and my experience.
3 Cyl engine is not good enough and not refined: Surprisingly I found this to be not true. The car is quite refined at idle but turn a bit coarse if revved to high rpms. I found this to be the case in some of the free revving cars like Fiesta 1.6 which I test drove. The 1.2, 3 pot engine is peppier than most of the similar 1.2 4 cyl engines like 120 and will be good enough for most of the city and highway usage. Also you are rewarded with better mileage as from Khan75’s post. So this is a cleaner and greener option but still good enough unless you are having racing DNA.
I find the following problems:
In idling there is noticable vibration that is felt on the seat.
At speeds close to 40kmph the engine noise is akin to 6seater auto.
DO other Polo owners agree of something wrong with my car?
Old 2nd October 2010, 20:56   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
@Canpush: The test drive Polo had this vibration and also had a sporty exhaust note. I got my car on the 9th this month, but this one doesn't vibrate when idling. But the bad part, it is missing the sporty exhaust note. Maybe something to do with the petrol. Not sure though.
Old 2nd October 2010, 21:39   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Not felt something like this. During start there is noise but nothing as a 6-seater auto At 40km/hr the sound is even less.
You can try fueling in another petrol bunk and check, it seems more likely the fuel than the car issue.
Old 2nd October 2010, 22:40   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
40 kmph in which gear?

I don't have the same model but I haven't felt any vibration or heard any noise.
Old 4th October 2010, 14:50   #2001
BHPian

Polo Bazar

Visited the Arya Honda service center at sewri Mumbai to give my anhc for regular service. Just after the entrance before u reach the reception area saw about 30 polos standing waiting for their pdi. The majority were red in color with a sprinkling of black,grey and white. The group company called shaman has dealerships for Honda, Volkswagen and Mercedes. I glanced at the badging behind with the majority saying TDI or just polo. Looked out for the 1.6 badging but in vain. I guess its going to be a long wait for the 1.6
Old 4th October 2010, 21:27   #2002
BHPian

Hey guys,

What is the typical waiting period for a Polo 1.6 in Mumbai? One of my buddies have booked one and apparently the dealer is trying to convince him to take the 1.2 stating that the Polo 1.6 production is on halt for a few months to make way for Vento. Is there any truth in it?
Old 5th October 2010, 19:33   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
Hey guys,

What is the typical waiting period for a Polo 1.6 in Mumbai? One of my buddies have booked one and apparently the dealer is trying to convince him to take the 1.2 stating that the Polo 1.6 production is on halt for a few months to make way for Vento. Is there any truth in it?
The fact that the 1.6 production is temporary halted is true, but I'm not sure if its to make way for the Vento. As per VW dealers production due to re-start (what a joke) in mid-Nov. This is fresh news right from the VW Dealer rumor mill.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:45   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
The fact that the 1.6 production is temporary halted is true, but I'm not sure if its to make way for the Vento. As per VW dealers production due to re-start (what a joke) in mid-Nov. This is fresh news right from the VW Dealer rumor mill.
No matter what brand and what the "reputation", these car makers are only crooks (in posh showrooms) out to con their customers. While our indigenous ones (Maruti, TATA) do it the desi way, we all read into it and complain; whereas the "phoren" walas' approach being more sophisticated, is sometimes beyond the understanding of the average car buying public! Just being European/Japanese/American does not make them immune to this...

P.S.: I am a car enthusiast; not for/against any particular brand. Moreover, I don't believe in brand bashing because, as I said, they all are the SAME but on different levels
Old 5th October 2010, 23:25   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
No matter what brand and what the "reputation", these car makers are only crooks (in posh showrooms) out to con their customers.
Thanks guys. Will convey this to him. BTW it is pathetic if they halt the production of a car which was launched just 2-3 months ago, why did they launch it in the first place then?
Old 7th October 2010, 17:52   #2006
BHPian

Can any Polo owner answer this for me: I was wondering if its possible to fit a golf set in the boot of the Polo.
I cannot fit it in my swift or Ritz. Would be interesting to know if the Polo (which will be my next car) can accommodate it!
Old 7th October 2010, 18:37   #2007
BHPian

ICE in Vento Trendline?

Just happened to be with my friend taking delivery of his new Vento TDI today. The Car is a beauty, power delivery is fantastic and Handling is quite good. Now since the car is the Base model, it does not have ICE, when we enquired the dealer, we were informed that Kenwood is the only model supported and any other choice of HU & Speakers will Void the warranty . So Uncool!

Can experts / VW owners kindly shed some light on this?

Cya
Mav
Old 7th October 2010, 20:24   #2008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
Just happened to be with my friend taking delivery of his new Vento TDI today. The Car is a beauty, power delivery is fantastic and Handling is quite good. Now since the car is the Base model, it does not have ICE, when we enquired the dealer, we were informed that Kenwood is the only model supported and any other choice of HU & Speakers will Void the warranty . So Uncool!

Can experts / VW owners kindly shed some light on this?

Cya
Mav
As already discussed N number of times on this forum, anything without cutting wire is permissible. I am trying to get a Caska or a Witson. You can keep a tab on my ownership thread.
Old 8th October 2010, 07:58   #2009
BHPian

I thought so too Chethan, just may be the VW folks were edgy due to lack of knowledge over these issues. My friend is still deciding on the ICE, which will be most likely Alpine / Pioneer with Basic speaker system.

Will sure keep a tab on you thread for updates.
Old 10th October 2010, 13:08   #2010

I recently drove a friends Polo HL petrol. In my opinion the vehicle has a powerful engine and some great safety features. I also like the shape of the car.

A lot of people are opting for Polo as their first car these day as it looks stunning and has great performance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks