Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2011, 22:53   #2116
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

According to 1 of the tweets from Hormazd Sorabjee of Autocar, approximately 100 Fabia's dispatched from VW Chakan plant had Polo wheel caps on them! Mix up reached customers. How embarassing is that!
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:44   #2117
BHPian

@PPS

Is that a big deal? It might take five minutes to change it at a dealership.

Its not as bad as Mahindra who supplied fleets of trucks with wrong gearboxes!
Old 2nd April 2011, 09:20   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Its not as bad as Mahindra who supplied fleets of trucks with wrong gearboxes!
How Cool is that ??
I would love to get my VW Polo with Skoda Superb Gear Box - I would take the 'switch' with a 'big smily' !!!

Old 2nd April 2011, 11:24   #2119
BHPian

Imagine changing a gearbox or an engine was a 2 minute stuff. I would have fixed the 1.6 litre Ford engine into the Nano. That is my dream car by the way!
Old 4th April 2011, 14:46   #2120
BANNED

Trendline also comes with 2 remote control guys ? & anybody got body coloured door handles & mirror for free on request ?
Old 4th April 2011, 15:02   #2121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Trendline also comes with 2 remote control guys ? & anybody got body coloured door handles & mirror for free on request ?
Only Highline comes with remote fobs. Trendline has a normal key and 2 of them are given to the owner.
Body colored mirrors and handles are always at an extra cost. VW doesn't even give floor mats or mud flaps as freebies!

A small update on my Polo - All vertical flaps of one of the air vents have broken suddenly while I was just adjusting the air flow! Talk about cheap quality Will go to the workshop to get it replaced under warranty.

Last edited by theragingbull : 4th April 2011 at 15:14.
Old 4th April 2011, 15:08   #2122
BANNED

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 5th April 2011 at 16:09.
unknown is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th April 2011, 16:07   #2123
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Do cars have reserve fuel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Don't they? I am told that they have while taking delivery of my car, to be more precise, I was told, 05 ltrs is the reserve capacity.
There is no such thing as a fixed reserve capacity, not like bikes anyways, many of which have two fuel feed pipes coming out of the fuel tank. I remember, in my RX100, once the main ran out of petrol, I had to manually move the switch to reserve position.

The bike didn't have a fuel gauge, what's your excuse? And remember, driving with 2 - 3 liters in your tank is bad for the car. For one, if your fuel is contaminated, the last few liters will be the filthiest. Second, your fuel pump is lubricated by the petrol. If you run your tank dry, count on a replacement bill for the pump as well.
Old 5th April 2011, 19:48   #2124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no such thing as a fixed reserve capacity, not like bikes anyways, many of which have two fuel feed pipes coming out of the fuel tank. I remember, in my RX100, once the main ran out of petrol, I had to manually move the switch to reserve position.
My parents' Triumph Herald (Hmmm... 1960-something) had a "reserve tank." You had to move a lever to use that remaining capacity. I don't know how it worked, but suspect the two-pipe thing that you mention.

Diesel drivers used to dread running out, as the system had to have the air bled from it. Just filling up and getting on the move again was not an option. That problem seems to have been designed out of modern engines.

I never had any difficulty with running dry, not that I have very often. The last time was a freak event, where I was certain that there was enough to get "there and back" but, with the car parked on a steep hill, what was left was just not reaching the engine, so there was no "and back" until I got a man with a can.

The big question with every car is, How much is left when the pointer points at 'E?' How much further will it go? How much is left when it stops?
Old 6th April 2011, 20:31   #2125
BANNED

Is it possible to have remote fobs in comfort line through dealer at extra price, anybody asked the same ?
Old 6th April 2011, 20:57   #2126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Is it possible to have remote fobs in comfort line through dealer at extra price, anybody asked the same ?
That is not possible. It would require a whole new setup to incorporate the remote locking feature. I don't think you can get any of the Highline features by paying extra bucks.
Old 6th April 2011, 21:28   #2127
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
That is not possible. It would require a whole new setup to incorporate the remote locking feature. I don't think you can get any of the Highline features by paying extra bucks.
I wish if it was offering, Thanks.
Old 6th April 2011, 22:11   #2128
BHPian

So let me get this straight. The Polo Highline now comes with Electric OVRMs??

Does that upset any 2010 Polo Highline owners? I know it upsets me tremendously!
Old 15th April 2011, 22:38   #2129
BHPian

Hi All,
I am new on TEAM-BHP. We recently booked a Flash Red, VW Polo, 1.6L Highline, Petrol, for my wife. Will get delivery in 2-3weeks time. I went through this entire thread, albeit, briskly. Its got a world of information on VW Polo. Anything that I need to specifically look into at the time of delivery will be much appreciated? Just going for Mudflaps, Matts and Seat covers as original accessories. Currently own 2 Toyota Innova 2.5 V&G models.
Cheers,
/-llvljl-\\)
Old 15th April 2011, 23:49   #2130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Anything that I need to specifically look into at the time of delivery will be much appreciated? Just going for Mudflaps, Matts and Seat covers as original accessories.
Congrats! Just check all the oil levels and coolant level during PDI. Check for any minor scratches too. If possible, procure the car's VIN number from your dealer and post it int his thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html ,so that you know what's the manufacturing date of your car.

Another advice: Don't get any accessories from the dealer. They are highly overpriced and of inferior quality. The original mud flaps which I got faded in just 4 months!! Matts also are available at any accessory shop for lesser money. About seat covers, again I bought them from a reputed shop. Rs.3500 leatherette covers(with VW logo). Dealer will give you the same for double the price.
theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks