Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 19:38   #2146
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Got the VIN number for our Flash Red VW Polo 1.6L Highline Petrol from our dealer today.

Paid 3.75 Euro online to get the Full Report for the VIN number.

The VIN Report gives you a sense of satisfaction that you are getting the right product with the assured features and specifications. Also, gives an idea of the manufacturing date which is 18th March 2011 for our car.

Edited and printed the extremely useful Team-BHP PDI Checklist and provided one copy to the dealer to make sure they go thru the list first.
Waiting for the registration formalities to get over with.
Hey Omega Man, congrats on your car man. For the VIN decoding, Bhp-ian Wildon would have done it for you for free. Not sure if you have come across http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dian-cars.html

Anyways, have fun with the 1.6 !
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2011, 20:02   #2147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Hey Omega Man, congrats on your car man. For the VIN decoding, Bhp-ian Wildon would have done it for you for free. Not sure if you have come across http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dian-cars.html

Anyways, have fun with the 1.6 !
Hi Tarun, Thank you for your compliments.

Yes I did post a request to Wildon on that thread but am still to recieve a response. Anyways, was in a hurry to get the VIN decoded before the car went for registration. Additionally, I was too excited to wait anymore to decode the VIN and know all the details, especially the manufacturing date.

Thanks again, cheers...
Old 2nd May 2011, 23:39   #2148
Senior - BHPian

There are a couple of Red Polos in my office building, and I noticed (couldn't help it, really) that both are diesels. Boy are they LOUD!!

I'm not sure if this is just these two, but they seriously are bordering on tractor-like-clatter when heard from even 10-20 feet away. Now there is an old Accent Viva CRDi in my office building, and I've heard that in the exact same spot (pulling up-slope out of the underground parking), and that was no where near as loud (though pretty audible in itself).

Surprised, just wanted to mention that I didn't expect VW to be so crude, diesel wise.
Old 3rd May 2011, 00:22   #2149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't know how it worked, but suspect the two-pipe thing that you mention.
It indeed runs with two different pipes, one submerged at almost the base & one floating above, at some level over it.

@theragingbull - That are some killer alloys man, wish it was available in the same shade (copper/bronze) at a bit of premium for normal Cars
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:03   #2150
Senior - BHPian

@VeLuM

True, almost all Polo diesels that I have spotted are much louder than most modern diesels. They sound much worse than most new Indicas even.

I think I reported on this thread a month or so back, about a Polo owning friend complaining about the loudness. He took it upto the dealer a couple of times, and they said that it was normal and almost all other cars sound equally loud. After which my friend checked out a few other Polos, and he discovered that the dealer was actually right.
Old 7th May 2011, 07:24   #2151
BHPian

got our polo 1.2 petrol HL yesterday and just loving it. had a good experience at volkswagen trichy showroom. they performed pooja before delivering the car and gave us a bouquet and a chocolate gift box. our car was fitted with appolo tires and not JK as reported in the vento thread.
and has rear parcel tray disconnected in HL model? we didn't get it in ours and he or sales consultant said this. but i was skeptical and he said he would confirm it again and tell us on monday.

omega_man did u get rear parcel tray?
Old 7th May 2011, 11:55   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leylander View Post
and has rear parcel tray disconnected in HL model? we didn't get it in ours and he or sales consultant said this. but i was skeptical and he said he would confirm it again and tell us on monday.
The top end variant of a car without parcel tray? No way. 100% lie on the sales person's part. Check whether he sold it off to some Trendline buyer.
Old 7th May 2011, 16:11   #2153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
The top end variant of a car without parcel tray? No way. 100% lie on the sales person's part. Check whether he sold it off to some Trendline buyer.
ok will check it with him. he said that since only HL is 40:60 seats he said while folding there was some problem with existing users and hence VW decided to stop providing them for HL users alone. there was CL for delivery when i went and for them it was present.
Old 7th May 2011, 19:49   #2154
BHPian

Here's the official VW POLO WRC video for the enthusiasts:
Old 8th May 2011, 20:11   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leylander View Post
-omega_man did u get rear parcel tray?

Yes indeed, we got the parcel tray in our Polo 1.6L Petrol HighLine. We got our car home on friday. We performed a complete PDI which lasted for 2 hours, despite too many deliveries lined up by the dealer due to Akshaya Tritiya on friday. Our experience during delivery, though, was shocking.

First, just before we left for the dealers to collect our car, we recieved a call from our sales rep informing us that due to a price hike on the 27th of April 2011, we will need to dish out an additional amount of Rs.1922/- in cash. We reluctantly agreed after being informed that the price hike was close to 5k but we were waived off the depot charges of 3k. After reaching the dealer and paying an amount of Rs.1922/- in cash, we realised that the 2 accessories that we had asked for (Mudflaps and Floor Mats) were not in place and the car was very dusty and had a lot of water stains & adhesive stains on it. On enquiring further, we were told that we had not paid for the accessories, hence they were not provided. On informing the sales rep that we had made a total payment of Rs.7,37,160/- (Rs.7,34,310/- for car and + Rs.2850/- for Mats & Mudflaps) she said that somehow the accounts dept deducted the accessories amount due to price hike and that the depot charges were also not waived off as was informed earlier. I was requested to pay an additional amount of Rs.2850/- in cash immediately to get the accessories, which I did. To add to this woe, I was also asked to pay an additional amount of Rs.500/- in cash for having my car cleaned and polished. So my car cost me a total of Rs.7,39,732/-. All this, despite not throwing tantrums like most other customers at the dealers that day, getting a box full of chocolate bars for the sales rep and single large chocolate bars for accounts rep, the 2 cleaners, the watchman, the guy who performed the pooja with an additional Rs.150/- for coconut and flowers, etc.

In exchange for all this, we recieved a small box of chocolates by the dealer, costing Rs.75/- (Each chocolate bar we gifted costed more than Rs.75/-). We still have to recieve our tax slip.

The only reason we went thru this, harrowing experience, smiling is bcoz we fell in love with the car at first sight and wanted to take it for a spin nad then home, asap.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by .anshuman : 8th May 2011 at 21:07. Reason: See note in the post.
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2011, 20:51   #2156
BHPian

oh quiet a harrowing experience. anyway we spoke to our sales assistant and he said tomorrow he'll come home and install the parcel tray. and we also got mud flaps and mats installed and its cost was 2850/- .

one bad thing was the sticker of the dealers name stuck above Volkswagen badge at the back. looks bad and i've noted the same with many dealers doing it particularly in Tamil nadu
Old 9th May 2011, 23:06   #2157
BHPian

Hi All,
I am planning a DIY for an Automatic Light for the Glove Box (Stowage compartment). If anyone has already tried this, request some information please?
Old 10th May 2011, 11:04   #2158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post

Yes indeed, we got the parcel tray in our Polo 1.6L Petrol HighLine. We got our car home on friday. We performed a complete PDI which lasted for 2 hours, despite too many deliveries lined up by the dealer due to Akshaya Tritiya on friday. Our experience during delivery, though, was shocking.

First, just before we left for the dealers to collect our car, we recieved a call from our sales rep informing us that due to a price hike on the 27th of April 2011, we will need to dish out an additional amount of Rs.1922/- in cash. We reluctantly agreed after being informed that the price hike was close to 5k but we were waived off the depot charges of 3k. After reaching the dealer and paying an amount of Rs.1922/- in cash, we realised that the 2 accessories that we had asked for (Mudflaps and Floor Mats) were not in place and the car was very dusty and had a lot of water stains & adhesive stains on it. On enquiring further, we were told that we had not paid for the accessories, hence they were not provided. On informing the sales rep that we had made a total payment of Rs.7,37,160/- (Rs.7,34,310/- for car and + Rs.2850/- for Mats & Mudflaps) she said that somehow the accounts dept deducted the accessories amount due to price hike and that the depot charges were also not waived off as was informed earlier. I was requested to pay an additional amount of Rs.2850/- in cash immediately to get the accessories, which I did. To add to this woe, I was also asked to pay an additional amount of Rs.500/- in cash for having my car cleaned and polished. So my car cost me a total of Rs.7,39,732/-. All this, despite not throwing tantrums like most other customers at the dealers that day, getting a box full of chocolate bars for the sales rep and single large chocolate bars for accounts rep, the 2 cleaners, the watchman, the guy who performed the pooja with an additional Rs.150/- for coconut and flowers, etc.

In exchange for all this, we recieved a small box of chocolates by the dealer, costing Rs.75/- (Each chocolate bar we gifted costed more than Rs.75/-). We still have to recieve our tax slip.

The only reason we went thru this, harrowing experience, smiling is bcoz we fell in love with the car at first sight and wanted to take it for a spin nad then home, asap.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Congrats Omega Man!

I took delivery of my Polo 1.6 on May 4th - in Bangalore though! My dealer (Elite Motors) didn't mention about the price hike on Apr 27th or anything of that sort.

BTW, I had booked my Polo 1.6 on 6th Apr.
shrisri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 12:26   #2159
Senior - BHPian

Another case of cheap plastics in Polo. The air vent flaps in my Polo have broken. Just adjusting the air flow occasionally caused the flaps to fall one by one. All flaps of two air vents have broken down. Here are the pictures.

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-p1010595-large.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-p1010596-large.jpg

I went to the workshop today to get it fixed under warranty. They said that pictures of this will be sent to VW and their reply will be told to me by today evening.

There was also a summer check-up camp going on where they'd do check-ups of AC filter, dust & pollen filter etc.
Old 12th May 2011, 22:55   #2160
BHPian

Hi i am planning to buy a Polo soon. Can someone please confirm if there is a polo 1.6 diesel also available and what is the cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks