Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 10:01   #2161
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi i am planning to buy a Polo soon. Can someone please confirm if there is a polo 1.6 diesel also available and what is the cost?
Nope there is no polo 1.6 diesel, only the 1.2 diesel. There is a 1.6 petrol though
radiokidb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 10:52   #2162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi i am planning to buy a Polo soon. Can someone please confirm if there is a polo 1.6 diesel also available and what is the cost?
You have all information in T-BHP for the 1.6 Polo.

6.5 L is the ex-showroom price in Bangalore.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 18:42   #2163
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Polo soon to get steering mounted controls:

Source : Motorbeam

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2012volkswagenpoloindiasteering.jpg
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 20:27   #2164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Great news. Buy at launch is not the way to go even for proven international models due to standard feature offerings being different @ launch and after in India.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 22:53   #2165
BHPian

will the upgrade be available for existing polos?
Old 13th May 2011, 22:54   #2166
BHPian

Thank you Radiokidb and volkman10. I booked my white polo trendline diesel today. Delivery in 30 days.Pretty excited What should i be expecting from the dealership as the booking was done on the phone and i sent them a booking amount through the bank as well. The dealership is about 300kms away from my city. Will take the delivery from the showroom itself though they offered me the delivery on my doorstep. Kindly guide through the process of after booking. Thanks guys.
Old 14th May 2011, 01:44   #2167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Source : Motorbeam

Attachment 544360
Nice! But I don't like the fact that the current owners are being deprived of such features. First, the electrical mirrors were added and now this.

But I feel this will be an all new variant above Highline cuz I also see a new music system with bluetooth, aux, usb. So the price will also be on the higher side. But Polo finally gets the features it deserves VW should also add ACC.

Last edited by theragingbull : 14th May 2011 at 01:45.
Old 14th May 2011, 13:04   #2168
BHPian

Hi i just received a confirmation receipt for my booking amount from the dealer but there is no mention of delivery date. Is this normal or does the receipt also mention the care delivery date as well?
Old 21st May 2011, 22:49   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
Hi i just received a confirmation receipt for my booking amount from the dealer but there is no mention of delivery date. Is this normal or does the receipt also mention the care delivery date as well?
In my case they (VW) didn't mention the delivery date, its all verbal, in the end it turned out to be at par with the dealer's verbal commitment (delivery date, actually before the committed date).

But I guess you have every right to know the delivery date once you booked the car. BTW waiting period of Polo (1.2 or 1.6) have definitely reduced (newspaper ads, SAs), get in touch with the dealer asking them to confirm the delivery date, it`ll surely help you, if I may add - "crying baby gets the milk" all the best !

Last edited by AvonA7 : 21st May 2011 at 22:52. Reason: addition
Old 21st May 2011, 23:40   #2170
BHPian

But I guess you have every right to know the delivery date once you booked the car. BTW waiting period of Polo (1.2 or 1.6) have definitely reduced (newspaper ads, SAs), get in touch with the dealer asking them to confirm the delivery date, it`ll surely help you, if I may add - "crying baby gets the milk" all the best ![/quote]

Thanks Avon shall surely start crying and cribbing like a baby if that what it takes to get my Polo
Old 22nd May 2011, 18:50   #2171
BHPian

Always wanted a light in the Glove Box. Completed a small and insignificant DIY for a light in the Glove Box. (Stowage Compartment)

This is a small LED light, switched magnetically, working on 3 button cells which last long, considering the box is in use just once or twice a day.
Measuring (WxHxD) 3cms X 6cms X 2cms.

Illuminates sufficiently in the dark at night. No wiring cut/touched, no cables, nothing fixed permanently. Both the LED light and magnet is attached using industrial quality double-sided-glue tissue tape.

Attached are some pix.

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-lights.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-when-lit.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-action.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-magnet.jpg
Omega Man is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 22:14   #2172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Always wanted a light in the Glove Box. Completed a small and insignificant DIY for a light in the Glove Box. (Stowage Compartment)

This is a small LED light, switched magnetically, working on 3 button cells which last long, considering the box is in use just once or twice a day.
Measuring (WxHxD) 3cms X 6cms X 2cms.

Illuminates sufficiently in the dark at night. No wiring cut/touched, no cables, nothing fixed permanently. Both the LED light and magnet is attached using industrial quality double-sided-glue tissue tape.
Thanks mate for sharing this.

Can you please share some more info on this - like where did you get this, online or any local shop, whats the name of this device if I wish to buy this.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 23:14   #2173
BHPian

Omega man, thats a nifty piece of equipment. Where did you procure that from? You said it operates magnetically. How exactly is it working? Does it switch on , on it own when you open the glove compartment?

Further like AvonA7 asked you , more details on the same please!
ventolute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 23:27   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post

Can you please share some more info on this - like where did you get this, online or any local shop, whats the name of this device if I wish to buy this.
Is this the one-

eBay India: 3 Automatic Magnetic Sensor Wireless LED Light Closet (item 120569265416 end time 07-Jun-2011 10:02:14 IST)
AvonA7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 23:54   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Omega man, thats a nifty piece of equipment. Where did you procure that from? You said it operates magnetically. How exactly is it working? Does it switch on , on it own when you open the glove compartment?

Further like AvonA7 asked you , more details on the same please!
Thank you indeed AvonA7 & Ventolute,

Right you are Avon, that (on eBay) is precisely the equipment I got on my last visit to UK for a pound a pair.

Right you are Ventolute, when I open the glove compartment, it turns ON automatically and turns OFF when the glove compartment is closed. AvonA7 has already provided the link to the equipment.

Wish you all the best in your DIY, do let me know if you have any queries and need any assistance. I will be more than glad to assist.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks