Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 10:31   #2191
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankazoid!!! View Post
Hi guys, took delivery of my pepper grey polo 1.6 on saturday!
I have a question for fellow polo owners.. where can i find the odometer on the MFD?
Congratulations Frankazoid,

You will find up/down buttons on the tip of wiper control stalk. Each time you press it, you get a different display on your MFD. Odo is one of them.

I am from Thane too. Where in Thane are you based?
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 17:21   #2192
BHPian

MODERATOR NOTE:

Use our PM facility for personal messages. Use Thanks button for thanking people.
Old 15th June 2011, 12:32   #2193
BHPian

We bought 2 VW POLO at the same time. I got myself a VW Polo Candy white, comfort line - Diesel & my cousin bougt a White, comforline - Petrol version. We both were looking for a hatchback and prioritised on VW for its brand and quality products. As we booked both cars simultaneously we were offered a corporate discount of Rs.8000/- for each.
We went to the showroom (Phoenix cars, Thrissur) one day and they had plenty of Diesel cars in stock. They assured delivery in 3 days. Though Petrol version was not available they transferred it from their other showroom and delivered it to us on time.
My cousin wanted to go for Highline variant but I advise him not to go for this just for the meagre accessories they were providing. I though it would be wise to buy the after-market accessories which would still cost just half the price of what you would be paying for a Highline variant, of course leaving aside the ABS system.

I kindly request the members to please advise me on any suitable make and model of music system that would be suitable for my POLO. I wish to procure after-market music systems with touch screen and usb/ aux features.

Also has anyone fitted fog lamps separately from outside on their POLO. The showroom charges Rs.16000 for a set of fog lamps which is quite expensive. Would anyone know if these fog lamps are available in car accessory shops?
Please advise.
Old 15th June 2011, 12:43   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, took delivery of my pepper grey polo 1.6 on saturday!

I have a question for fellow polo owners.. where can i find the odometer on the MFD? the manual says very little about it. i know where the trip 1 & 2 which can be reset is but i want to know the total kms run by the car.
Congrats Frankazoid

For the odometer - the bottom of your instrument cluster has two buttons, the one on the right lets you toggle between a trip meter and an odometer. So the car has the 2 trip counters 1& 2, which are visible on the middle line of the MFD and operable by the buttons on the wiper stalks and another 'master' trip meter visible in the bottom line of the MFD, sharing the same space as the odo meter. Also, if you hold the button down while the trip meter is displayed, it will reset.

Another thing you should know, that confused me initially - the trip '1' counter resets automatically after 2 hours of the engine being off. This applies to all the measurements related to trip w, i.e - distance traveled, F.E, time, average speed etc.

Hope this helps

Cheers & enjoy the car!

suhail
swale84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 13:14   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Congratulations Frankazoid,

You will find up/down buttons on the tip of wiper control stalk. Each time you press it, you get a different display on your MFD. Odo is one of them.

I am from Thane too. Where in Thane are you based?
Sorry mods no PM facility for me as yet which is why i am posting here.
Omega man, i used to stay in Vasant Vihar and have recently moved to Hiranandani Estate.

@Swale - Will try that out, hav'nt got the car back as yet coz the Thane RTO apparently had a Anti-Corruption bureau raid (about time that happened) last evening so will get the number this evening.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:46   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Omega man, i used to stay in Vasant Vihar and have recently moved to Hiranandani Estate.

@Swale - Will try that out, hav'nt got the car back as yet coz the Thane RTO apparently had a Anti-Corruption bureau raid (about time that happened) last evening so will get the number this evening.
Sad to hear about the ACB raid at the RTO, hope you will get your registration number and car on time. Do post some pictures after you get it. BTW did you go thru a PDI check using the TBHP PDI Checklist? Is your Polo CL, TL or HL?

I reside at HE too, Riviera. PM me once you get your PM access. Cheers
Old 15th June 2011, 23:03   #2197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
We bought 2 VW POLO at the same time. I got myself a VW Polo Candy white, comfort line .
Excellent decision Jaisha. The elegance of white Polo is unmatched in its segment.
Can you give some more details on dealeship experience in Thrissur? How equipped are they? is it located in Nadathara?

Regarding HU, most of the Polo/Vento owners in the forum have gone for Chinese makes like Witson, Caska etc for their OEM fit and finish. If you go by good brand, Chethan has done a nice installation. Details, some where in the thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
I think initial difficulties of ICE installtion in Polo is over and lot of accessories shops are doing the job just like in any other car.

Last edited by poloman : 15th June 2011 at 23:12.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 23:23   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Jaisha28, Wish you all miles of happiness. Enjoy the car .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
My cousin wanted to go for Highline variant but I advise him not to go for this just for the meagre accessories they were providing. I though it would be wise to buy the after-market accessories which would still cost just half the price of what you would be paying for a Highline variant, of course leaving aside the ABS system.
Pardon me here, but if budget permits, one should always go for a model with better safety features. Airbags and ABS is the best thing one can get, believe me. We have a comfortline but only budget constraint and me not taking the call on model (instead my dad did), were the main reasons we opted for comfortline. Other car in garage have both Airbags and ABS; and i personally feel that our lifes are much more precious than the 1 lac difference in price. I have personally witnessed the advantages of ABS. Ofcourse, I havent witnessed Airbags and wont want to either, but I have seen them saving LIVES.

I am posting this for better awareness, nothing specific to you , my dad too opted for Comfort line because budget was a constraint and he couldnt justify the price of additional features on Highline. I would have rather chosen a 1.6 polo or a pre owned civic but thats just me ..lolzz

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th June 2011 at 23:31.
Old 16th June 2011, 08:14   #2199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Excellent decision Jaisha. The elegance of white Polo is unmatched in its segment.
Can you give some more details on dealeship experience in Thrissur? How equipped are they? is it located in Nadathara?

Regarding HU, most of the Polo/Vento owners in the forum have gone for Chinese makes like Witson, Caska etc for their OEM fit and finish. If you go by good brand, Chethan has done a nice installation. Details, some where in the thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
I think initial difficulties of ICE installtion in Polo is over and lot of accessories shops are doing the job just like in any other car.
Hi Poloman, Highly appreciate the link you have sent me. Regarding dealership experience it was good. Actually the area manager at Nadathara is known to me as he was in Hyson motors (FIAT) before and I used to take my Linea there. Now he has shifted here. Hence, dealership experience went very smooth. I have gone there only 2 times, once for seeing the car and then for taking delivery. Actually I bought the car on Saturday and left for work Monday early morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congrats Jaisha28, Wish you all miles of happiness. Enjoy the car .

Pardon me here, but if budget permits, one should always go for a model with better safety features. Airbags and ABS is the best thing one can get, believe me.
Thanks gaurav_chopra. You are very right that Safety comes first and then the other features. Whether you are driving 10 kms per day or 100 kms per day, the safety point has to be taken into consideration first. The budget constraint was also one of the reasons that we opted for comfort line. But again, I feel POLO brakes are quite good comparitively.
I also own a Linea Emotion+ and several times I have experienced the benefits of ABS and how it works.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th June 2011 at 21:02. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 16:47   #2200
BHPian

I was looking for 2 DIN music system and stumbled across EONON music systems. From the web, it looks really good and car specific models are also available with lots of features in the set.

Eonon D2208 | Car DVD | 2 Din Car DVD

They also have In-dash dvd players as per images below.
Has any of the team members bought this set and know if it is available in India? Any information on this is very helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dig-touch-screen.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-d130503.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dig-touch-d130502.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-d130504.jpg  

Old 20th June 2011, 17:31   #2201
BHPian

@jaisha8

Why dont you go in for Caska or witson. They even have GPS enabled. And CASKA (a bit pricey but nice) has authorized dealers and A.S.S too. And they fully integrate into your car with BT as well.

Had seen a Polo with the CASKA being fitted into it. Looked awesome.
Old 20th June 2011, 18:48   #2202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
@jaisha8

Why dont you go in for Caska or witson. They even have GPS enabled. And CASKA (a bit pricey but nice) has authorized dealers and A.S.S too. And they fully integrate into your car with BT as well.

Had seen a Polo with the CASKA being fitted into it. Looked awesome.
Hi Jk007, I enquired for CASKA and it exhorbitantly priced, 48000 just for the set, then I will have to get the speakers as well. I dont have that much budget. I read on one thread that he got EONON for appx 27k total, so compared to CASKA it is far less expensive.
I wouldn't mind a In dash touch screen type. Would anyone guide me any good set between 15-20k (as shown in picture above).
Old 20th June 2011, 18:57   #2203
BHPian

@jaisha8

There are a couple of members who have got the Witson shipped from China for their Polo/Vento for 20-30k. Probably you should check them out. CASKA and Witson integrate to your car pretty well. So there are no shabby wiring and most importantly they fit perfectly. Also, these take care of the sat-nav.

Dont go for the motorized ones. Those will do good for the people who have a single din music system. For a 2 din, go for a flat 5-7" LCD
Old 20th June 2011, 20:05   #2204
BHPian

Dear Polo owners, I am keenly looking to purchase the diesel Polo 1.2. Kindly give me your honest feedback on the engine response, performance and efficiency.

During my TD, I noticed a lot of turbo lag below 2000 rpm. My concern is how its going to affect in the day to day bumper to bumper traffic on Bangalore roads.

The other concern is its going to be my first diesel, all my previous cars have been petrol and the one this is going to replace for city duties would be a Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX.
Old 24th June 2011, 05:18   #2205
BHPian

Hello everyone - a bit late to the Polo party. GTO's review was very insightful and covered all the areas.. I am curious to know if there is a similar review for the Polo 1.6 Petrol. Am very interested in this car and would be grateful if anyone can point me to an "official" car review of the same. I have not been able to find it so far. Maybe am not using the right search terms but team BHP am sure must have thoroughly reviewed this performance hatch. Thanks much. Also if anyone can post the delivery time in Delhi, it will be great.

Nimz!

Most Viewed