Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 11:51   #2236
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Another goodie that he has promised me is they'll take the car themselves from my place & I don't have to go all the way to leave my car. For someone like me who's staying in one far end of Chennai, this is a feel-good factor!
vw19d - I would suggest to take a day and be with the car when the install is happening.

Quote:
2. 3D Floor Mats - 2100
3. Polo Customized 3D Mats - 5000
Are these the Kagu mats?

Quote:
Does that look like a reasonable quote or am I being charged high?
I would suggest that you enquire the prices at another place like Chandru Auto Stores. It wouldnt hurt to know if you can get it at better price. You can still get in installed at Privilege or Powerzone.

Also, wanted to check with you where you got your license plates done? How much was the cost and what all did you buy?
Old 9th August 2011, 12:02   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
vw19d - I would suggest to take a day and be with the car when the install is happening.

The same was suggested by Khoj, and ye, I'll probably do that.

Are these the Kagu mats?

Could you tell me what Kagu mats are as I don't have much idea. The accessories guy showed me 2 different 3D mats. One is custom made for Polo (fits perfectly as the contours are cut to match the floor's) and the other one is normal 3D, which doesn't fit as much as the custom.

I would suggest that you enquire the prices at another place like Chandru Auto Stores. It wouldnt hurt to know if you can get it at better price. You can still get in installed at Privilege or Powerzone.

Will do it.

Also, wanted to check with you where you got your license plates done? How much was the cost and what all did you buy?

I understand you are asking about the number plates, right? I didn't get a choice on this as Sundaram Motors delivers the car only with the standard fitted plates. Looks pretty good and didn't feel a need to change it.
hey e-katz, my reply in bold. Will be great if you can tell what ICE you have got in your car and the vendor from whom you got it done.

Last edited by vw19d : 9th August 2011 at 12:03.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:09   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
hey e-katz, my reply in bold. Will be great if you can tell what ICE you have got in your car and the vendor from whom you got it done.
Yes, I meant the number plates.

Regarding ICE, am yet to install it. I am sourcing the components right now - getting down some stuff from US, buying some 2nd hand items etc. Will be installing it by the end of this month - probably @ Powerzone.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:11   #2239
BHPian

^^ Oh I see. Looks like a lot of folks source stuff according to their preference and get them installed at Powerzone!
Old 9th August 2011, 12:27   #2240
BHPian

Yes, I am looking for some specific items and they seem to be available for a good price in the US. Of course, the downside is that it doesnt come with B&W. Based on feedback from other bhp members, Powerzone seems to be quite reasonable and professional in their installs. Thats the reason I decided to go there for my install when it happens.
Old 9th August 2011, 17:42   #2241
BHPian

My new polo came shod with JK Vectras and not Apollo Acceleres - has VW moved to JK or added them also as supplier in addition to Apollo?
Old 9th August 2011, 17:49   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
My new polo came shod with JK Vectras and not Apollo Acceleres - has VW moved to JK or added them also as supplier in addition to Apollo?
One lot of cars with Apollo accelere's had a perennial alignment issue. I think these were cars manufactured around Sept - October 2010. VW has since switched to JKs as standard.

I know this since my 1.6 manufactured on 7th October had this problem. At 4000 kms, after 2 visits to the workshop, these were replaced FOC with Vectras and the problem disappeared.

Still beats me as to why ALL the cars that reported the problem pulled to the left.
swale84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 23:38   #2243
Distinguished - BHPian

Question for all you tuning experts out there

I have a question for all you experts out there. I am almost completely satisfied with my 15 month old Polo 1.2 TDI Trendline - but still sometimes I wish I had a bit more power, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear getting back up to speed after slowing down in city driving. After the first service, the workshop seems to have tweaked with the engine settings and the vehicle feels like ti has a weaker bottom end than before.

I have been looking up an engine tuning chip for the car on the web ever since I read that the same engine is sold in a 90 BHP state of tune in UK. I came across this link of Pro-Bitz, who are selling a tuning chip on-line that takes the Polo close to 90 BHP and 210 NM

VW Polo TDI - Diesel Chip Tuning By Pro-Bitz - More Power & Fuel Economy

The chip seems to be reasonably priced around 100 Pounds (200 Dollars). I am making a trip to Europe at the end of the month and thinking of ordering this to my hotel and bringing it back. The web site claims that this can be installed easily (Do it Yourself) and the process is fully reversible - the chip can be removed at anytime, without cutting any wires. It seems like a Win-Win if it would actually improve power plus deliver better fuel efficiency as claimed.

Now the question I have is, are there any watch-outs here? Is the quality of Diesel available in India going to create any issues? I am not much of a an expert tinkering with engines, so the other question is - would there be any qualified technicians in a city like Chennai to get this installed?

Any insights are most welcome!
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 13:19   #2244
BHPian

[quote=vw19d;2460154]Went to Privilege Moto Mall yesterday to enquire about ICE & some accessories for my Polo. The place was very professional & I liked it. The following were the prices quoted after I told my requirements to Mr. Pawan (the owner I believe).

1. HU: JBL GT-X555 - 8990 (MRP) and he's giving it 7K (20% discount)-
2 months back Mr Harish Jethwani of Chandru quoted 4600 for GT-X555.are you sure you dont want to have a look at his shop ?
Old 25th August 2011, 01:58   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon
I have a question for all you experts out there. I am almost completely satisfied with my 15 month old Polo 1.2 TDI Trendline - but still sometimes I wish I had a bit more power, especially in 2nd and 3rd gear getting back up to speed after slowing down in city driving. After the first service, the workshop seems to have tweaked with the engine settings and the vehicle feels like ti has a weaker bottom end than before.

I have been looking up an engine tuning chip for the car on the web ever since I read that the same engine is sold in a 90 BHP state of tune in UK. I came across this link of Pro-Bitz, who are selling a tuning chip on-line that takes the Polo close to 90 BHP and 210 NM

VW Polo TDI - Diesel Chip Tuning By Pro-Bitz - More Power & Fuel Economy

The chip seems to be reasonably priced around 100 Pounds (200 Dollars). I am making a trip to Europe at the end of the month and thinking of ordering this to my hotel and bringing it back. The web site claims that this can be installed easily (Do it Yourself) and the process is fully reversible - the chip can be removed at anytime, without cutting any wires. It seems like a Win-Win if it would actually improve power plus deliver better fuel efficiency as claimed.

Now the question I have is, are there any watch-outs here? Is the quality of Diesel available in India going to create any issues? I am not much of a an expert tinkering with engines, so the other question is - would there be any qualified technicians in a city like Chennai to get this installed?

Any insights are most welcome!
So stupid to have missed this one. when are you going and getting back from Europe? Yours would then be the first chipped polo tdi on the forum. I m not sure if such chips actually enhance that much performance, but lot report that it does. I may look at getting once my polo completes 1 year. But please keep me posted as I m very eager to know more on this subject
Frontosa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 15:42   #2246
BHPian

Have heard rumors in the forum itself about a 1.5 Tdi Polo, does anybody have more information regarding this? If so when will they most likely launch this? Really looking forward to this if true.
Old 29th August 2011, 09:47   #2247
BHPian

Polo folks, I've a query! Has anyone topped the windshield washer? How often should it be done or do we have some indicator that prompts us upon reaching the lower threshold? Any agent apart from water should be added?
Old 29th August 2011, 11:29   #2248
Distinguished - BHPian

Have booked the Polo1.6.
Need your help guys, on the INR 15000 worth of free accessories being offered, which are those you reccommend?

Cheers!
Old 29th August 2011, 11:33   #2249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Have booked the Polo1.6.
Need your help guys, on the INR 15000 worth of free accessories being offered, which are those you reccommend?

Cheers!
Free accessories worth 15K from VW??? Man, you got to be really lucky! When I purchased Polo a few months back, didn't get even a mat for free. Just a corporate discount for 10K & I think many others here too got just that much. Has VW started giving freebies now?
Old 29th August 2011, 11:38   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Have booked the Polo1.6.

Cheers!
Free accessories for 15K from VW? Wow! I couldn't get anything more than the 10K corporate discount on my 1.2 TDI a few months back.

My recommendation would be, if possible, get the 15K as cash back rather than going for accessories. I feel that they'l be over priced!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks