Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2011, 11:05   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

I inquired about the price for Polo 1.6 here in Chennai here at Sundaram, to check their 40k discount. Seems the Ex-Showroom price + Registration is 7.3x Lacs after which Insurance 18.xx + AMC is 19.xx and Accessories for 15k is being offered for 57k out of which they would discount 40k and buyer would contribute 17k bringing the OTR price to 7.5L. Asked if they offered cash discount instead of accessories for 15k but was met with a firm no Can anyone comment if this price is ok of if they got a better deal in Chennai?
Old 29th September 2011, 18:30   #2267
BHPian

Any feedback on 205's on the polo ?

Hi guys .. a very close friend of mine will be getting delivery of his Polo 1.2 Comfortline soon. We have selected a set of 5.5 J mags with a 35ET offset. Now the confusion lies in deciding whether to upsize to 195/60 R 15 or 205/55 R 15. Has anyone on the forum upsized to 205/55 R 15 on the Polo ? If so, are there any issues of the tyres scraping the wheel well ? Polo users and resident tyre gurus, please give us your inputs and advice, as the car will be here in a day or 2. Would really appreciate some urgent feedback. Thanks Guys.
Old 29th September 2011, 20:12   #2268
Team-BHP Support

Re: Any feedback on 205's on the polo ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi guys .. a very close friend of mine will be getting delivery of his Polo 1.2 Comfortline soon. We have selected a set of 5.5 J mags with a 35ET offset. Now the confusion lies in deciding whether to upsize to 195/60 R 15 or 205/55 R 15. Has anyone on the forum upsized to 205/55 R 15 on the Polo ? If so, are there any issues of the tyres scraping the wheel well ? Polo users and resident tyre gurus, please give us your inputs and advice, as the car will be here in a day or 2. Would really appreciate some urgent feedback. Thanks Guys.
205/55 will be the right upsize actually, butttt for the 1.2 it will be too much and slow the car down. Stick to 195/60 R15. With 205s I think 6j alloys would be better too.
Old 30th September 2011, 16:47   #2269
BHPian

Can someone please confirm if these will fit onto our POLOs

VW POLO 05-09 MANUAL PRIMED WING MIRROR COVER O/S | eBay
Old 1st October 2011, 03:36   #2270
BHPian

^^ No, its meant for the previous version and not the current model.
Old 1st October 2011, 14:34   #2271
BHPian

But I see a lot of similarities in both wing mirrors. Only the side indicator is different from the one we have in our cars.
Old 1st October 2011, 15:45   #2272
BHPian

I am buying white Polo TDI, wanted to go for alloy. But I want alloys in white color as well. Is it possible to get alloys in white color or do I need to paint any other alloys in white color. If anybody has any reference of getting white alloys in PUNE, please let me know.
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:54   #2273
BHPian

I have a question on POLO TDI trendline - If we buy it - can we get an ABS fixed on trendline POLO from the company for extra bucks ? Is it possible - Please let me know.
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:17   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
I have a question on POLO TDI trendline - If we buy it - can we get an ABS fixed on trendline POLO from the company for extra bucks ? Is it possible - Please let me know.
Nope. You cannot get ABS or Airbags fitted aftermarket or as a custom order.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:29   #2275
BHPian

1. Has anyone tried to get fitted electrically controlled ORVMs to Polo?

Now they come as standard on Highline but first version did not had them. Is it possible to get them fitted now? If yes, what cost?

2. In my Polo I get a hissing sound when you start AC it continues as I drive. My understanding was this was because of less quantity of Refrigerant gas or possible leakage. There is no apparent loss in performance.

When I took it to A. S. S. they say it's normal. What is experience of other users?

please share.
Old 4th October 2011, 14:01   #2276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
In my Polo I get a hissing sound when you start AC it continues as I drive. My understanding was this was because of less quantity of Refrigerant gas or possible leakage. There is no apparent loss in performance.

When I took it to A. S. S. they say it's normal. What is experience of other users?

please share.
Hi Canpush, when I purchased my Polo in June, there was absolutely zero hissing sound from AC. However, after the dealer in Madurai repaired my car for the mishap that happened last month, I'm now hearing the hissing sound for a second when I turn on the AC & then it disappears. But, as you have rightly said, there is no loss in performance.

Since the sound goes off within a second, I'm not really bothered about it & I remember reading a few threads here complaining of the same issue.
Old 7th October 2011, 02:14   #2277
BHPian

Guys what is the usual capacity of POLO's full tank you've seen. I filled 48 ltrs and had around 2-3 ltrs already. So almost 50 ltrs :O As far as I know the tank is approx 45 ltrs. (As per the manual). So does it mean 4-5 ltrs +/- if yes then I think its wrong.

On the other hand I also got the petrol pump's ltr thing checked. Had a 1 ltr water bottle in the car. I got that filled and the bottle got full upto brim even @ .98 ltr. Which was strange :(

Guys, Any idea what drama it is?
Old 7th October 2011, 02:18   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
1. Has anyone tried to get fitted electrically controlled ORVMs to Polo?

Now they come as standard on Highline but first version did not had them. Is it possible to get them fitted now? If yes, what cost?

please share.
1. I think yes. OVRMS can be added to your POLO as well.
2. Haven't experienced it yet

Guys, Send if anyone comes here looking for OEM POLO Alloys, to me. I've got someone who is selling them bloody cheap compared to VW price.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:24   #2279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ck3R View Post
Guys what is the usual capacity of POLO's full tank you've seen. I filled 48 ltrs and had around 2-3 ltrs already. So almost 50 ltrs :O As far as I know the tank is approx 45 ltrs. (As per the manual). So does it mean 4-5 ltrs +/- if yes then I think its wrong.

On the other hand I also got the petrol pump's ltr thing checked. Had a 1 ltr water bottle in the car. I got that filled and the bottle got full upto brim even @ .98 ltr. Which was strange :(

Guys, Any idea what drama it is?
In the fuel tank at the opening, on right hand side, you have a small knob jutting out. That is for balancing air pressure as the tank gets emptied (as I believe, techies please correct me, if required) If you keep it pressed as you fill fuel, it allows 4-5 litres additional fuel to get in. This was demonstrated to me by one of the bunk guys in Goa who filled up 40+ litres in my tank and after filling up, almost 250 kms and tank was still showing full.

I think that is not the right way to fill the tank but some bunk boys habitually keep it pressed with the nozzle as they fill. This might be the reason for tank accommodating extra fuel.

Do not believe in water bottles 'Litre' measurement of each water company is different and almost always less than 1 litre.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:28   #2280
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification Canpush. I will definitely check that out. What do you recon the best way to catch these filling stations if they are conning us or not. I vouch for your tank showing full for longer time. I drove the car for 150 kms and the tank was still showing full I wish I had a car like that :P

Anyways Guys, here I am with some more problems:

Same rattling issue still persists. I got it checked again today.. and the Workshop guy told me its normal. I don't think it is. There is definitely some noise coming from under the hood.

I need some suggestions/clarifications on a very important topic. What do you guys think is the optimum distance for halting a car running at a speed or say over 110-120 kmph. I went to my friend's wedding yesterday in Bhiwani from Gurgaon via Jhajjar. OMG the road was awesome but there were around 50 odd speed brakers in that 120kms strech. My POLO jumped thrice on those brakers :( I have been taken care of this car very nicely but those speed brakers were like mountains on the road. Would there have been any damages? I checked under the car there were no visible marks. How can I check if there has been any damages on suspension/shocker? Do you feel POLO's brakes are a little slippery. I mean I used to drive Wagon R and never came across any such issue. Wagon R used to skid only rarely. But yesterday, It happened almost at every Speed braker with the POLO.. I think POLO does not like speed brakers at all. either it touches the braker from bottom or jumps over it.. I don't know what to say.. Whenever I apply brakes the car keeps dragging for around 40-50 mtrs and when I see its not going to stop and I press the brakes harder and then the car skids and eventually jumps over the braker. After jumping twice I realized its better to skid rather than jumping the car in the air :( don't know what to do. I definitely need some expert advice on it because I can't drive POLO like this. I need to apply brakes and one should be able to stop a car over 100 kmph easily in these braker like situations.

Mud flaps touch even a small braker each and every time. Any solution to that.. I am going to get them removed as of now. I can't afford a loose bumber.

Finally the Big one. Remember my last post. About the fuel. So in around 48-50 ltr petrol I have been able to run 550kms. So I am getting around 10-11 average. These 550 kms have been 80% on highway, with 50% AC. Is it fine guys? To me its pretty disgusting.

PS : My POLO is still a virgin I guess just ran 1500 kms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks