Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 17:51   #2356

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
Hi all,
I've recently Bought a Polo tdi Highline and got 2 yrs extended warranty. I have a question to ask. I've heard that if I get anything done to my polo, i.e. changing the music system, etc. from the place other than the VW dealership, the warranty gets void. Is that true?? If yes, then what all thing can be done from the local Accessories shop?? I want to get Seat covers and sunfilm installed in my polo and I'm planning to get all done from a local shop. So will this affect my warranty?? And what all things can be done from the local?? Please Help..

When i check with the dealer, he said as long we dont cut the wires we should be fine, i think it triggers a check engine light
Old 1st January 2012, 12:09   #2357

hi all...happy new year to everyone!
Ill be taking delivery of my polo in a couple of hours and i had a couple of issues:
1. The showroom says that they cant activate the vas features on the car and ill need to get it done outside for 5-6k..thats messed up considering its a feature already in the car
2. Theyre also saying the fog lamps fitment would cost 26k...i thought it was more around 15 from an earlier post on this thread

can anybody else verify these? I need to know asap. Also any pdi advice ud like to give would be welcome!

Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 23:13   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
hi all...happy new year to everyone!
Ill be taking delivery of my polo in a couple of hours and i had a couple of issues:
1. The showroom says that they cant activate the vas features on the car and ill need to get it done outside for 5-6k..thats messed up considering its a feature already in the car
2. Theyre also saying the fog lamps fitment would cost 26k...i thought it was more around 15 from an earlier post on this thread

can anybody else verify these? I need to know asap. Also any pdi advice ud like to give would be welcome!

Thanks
Congratulations and wish you many happy miles on your Polo.

This response might be quite late but still -

1. Never mind, take delivery of the car and enjoy, visit the showroom few months later and they`ll only activate all the features available, free of cost.

2. Classic case of cheating ! Ignore them, else give them reference to other VW showroom (as you mentioned you noticed in other post) and I am sure they`ll oblige.

PDI - Please refer the Team-BHP check list.
Old 2nd January 2012, 00:20   #2359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
Else buy OEM fog lamps [for Polo] from some reputed aftermarket shop and get it fixed at the A$$. If you can find an OEM pair, the savings should be substantial. When A$$ fixes those, your warranty also will be intact.
Old 2nd January 2012, 05:45   #2360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Else buy OEM fog lamps [for Polo] from some reputed aftermarket shop and get it fixed at the A$$. If you can find an OEM pair, the savings should be substantial. When A$$ fixes those, your warranty also will be intact.
VW *** won't allow anything of the sort. They will require that you buy and get the lamps installed from them. Else they'll void warranty.
I was looking to buy the Polo sometime back, and had queried about getting fog lamps installed on the Trendline. They had quoted 19k. Said wiring and new switch had to be bought along with the lamps.
Old 2nd January 2012, 10:31   #2361
Senior - BHPian

New 2012 Polo?

Hi guys,

Was almost going to book a VW Polo 1.6 last month but heard that there is a new 2012 version of the Polo going to be launched. The major difference I have been told are just additional features like steering mounted audio controls, new headunit with blue tooth, etc. I hope they also throw in ACC and electric folding OVRMs. I also hope this is true as these basic features are deinfintey required for a 7L + car.

Anyone has anymore info on this?
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:19   #2362
BHPian

Re: New 2012 Polo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

Was almost going to book a VW Polo 1.6 last month but heard that there is a new 2012 version of the Polo going to be launched. The major difference I have been told are just additional features like steering mounted audio controls, new headunit with blue tooth, etc. I hope they also throw in ACC and electric folding OVRMs. I also hope this is true as these basic features are deinfintey required for a 7L + car.

A new Headunit is already available. It has a touch screen interface, no CD, Has USB, I am not sure about bluetooth but I think it does. I spoke to a person in the accessories section last week who told me this.
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:41   #2363
Senior - BHPian

Re: New 2012 Polo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
A new Headunit is already available. It has a touch screen interface, no CD, Has USB, I am not sure about bluetooth but I think it does. I spoke to a person in the accessories section last week who told me this.
Oh thank you for the info NevGin but I doubt anyone would really be interested in a new headunit. What would really attract customers now are additional features that I mentioned above especially for a car of 7L +. If the Honda Jazz can have those then why not the Polo is something that is very diappointing coming from VW.
Old 7th January 2012, 11:07   #2364
BHPian

Dear BHPians, Just got a call from sales person , Volkswagen Whitefield in Bangalore. There is Rs 50000 discount on POLO high line and Rs 30000 discount on Comfortline and Trendline. Please avail this offer if someone planning to buy POLO TDI...
Old 7th January 2012, 13:17   #2365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Dear BHPians, Just got a call from sales person , Volkswagen Whitefield in Bangalore. There is Rs 50000 discount on POLO high line and Rs 30000 discount on Comfortline and Trendline. Please avail this offer if someone planning to buy POLO TDI...
Wow - is that deal on the diesel Polo? Hard to believe! If so, then this is a clear indication of something new coming up shortly - probably the dealers are trying to clear up existing stock.
Old 7th January 2012, 18:30   #2366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Wow - is that deal on the diesel Polo? Hard to believe! If so, then this is a clear indication of something new coming up shortly - probably the dealers are trying to clear up existing stock.
Just called up those guys in Bangalore. The case discount on diesel models 2011 manufactured cars is from 15k - 25k (depending on variant and availability). I know for sure discounts of 50k on petrol variants, and the news of 50k discount on Diesel seemed a bit weird. So, as per my understanding the maximum cash discount on Polo Diesel is 25K, and that too on a 2011 manufactured car.

Mod, please don't mind... since the engines are same.. However, top-end of Fabia petrol, there had been discounts in excess of 100K. Frankly, had it not been for the governments punishing of petrol prices, I would have booked the 1.6 petrol on Fabia (after discount, its an amazing value), instead of Polo diesel.
Old 7th January 2012, 18:38   #2367
Senior - BHPian

I had enquired about the Polo at Volkswagen palace cross in October 2011 and they called me yesterday to check what I'd decided. Surprising change in attitude by VW I thought.

After reading the news about discounts on the Polo,now it all makes sense. I think the Polo with a 1.5ltr engine should be here soon.
Old 9th January 2012, 20:14   #2368
BHPian

Had a question about A/C... I get this HISS sound from the A/C Vents. Is this common?

I know when the gas (for A/C) is low, the same sound can be heard.
Old 10th January 2012, 10:06   #2369
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE - 2012 Polo

Quote:
Hi guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I had enquired about the Polo at Volkswagen palace cross in October 2011 and they called me yesterday to check what I'd decided. Surprising change in attitude by VW I thought.

After reading the news about discounts on the Polo,now it all makes sense. I think the Polo with a 1.5ltr engine should be here soon.
Guys! Based on my previous post above I have been doing some snooping around at all the VW dealers in Mumbai and here is the update.

Now, I am looking at the Petrol version and not the Diesel so I asked them about the 2012 petrol version and I have been told that there will be no difference between the 2011 and 2012 petrol Polo but there would be an increase in price by 10k-15k for the 2012. model.

However, there 'may be' (which probably means definitely) a change in the Diesel variant of the Polo. Probably a new 1.5 litre engine as Shashank had mentioned in his post. They may also add the audio steering controls to it. The dealer also tols me that VW will now be concentrting on the diesel variants as the demands for diesel is huge in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchir911 View Post
Just called up those guys in Bangalore. The case discount on diesel models 2011 manufactured cars is from 15k - 25k (depending on variant and availability). I know for sure discounts of 50k on petrol variants, and the news of 50k discount on Diesel seemed a bit weird. So, as per my understanding the maximum cash discount on Polo Diesel is 25K, and that too on a 2011 manufactured car.

Mod, please don't mind... since the engines are same.. However, top-end of Fabia petrol, there had been discounts in excess of 100K. Frankly, had it not been for the governments punishing of petrol prices, I would have booked the 1.6 petrol on Fabia (after discount, its an amazing value), instead of Polo diesel.
Yes, probably clearing the 2011 stock so that they can introduce the 2012 model.
Old 10th January 2012, 11:28   #2370
Senior - BHPian

Re: UPDATE - 2012 Polo

Quote:
Guys! Based on my previous post above I have been doing some snooping around at all the VW dealers in Mumbai and here is the update.

Now, I am looking at the Petrol version and not the Diesel so I asked them about the 2012 petrol version and I have been told that there will be no difference between the 2011 and 2012 petrol Polo but there would be an increase in price by 10k-15k for the 2012. model.
Epic

Do you have any price list with you? What is the price quoted to you for the Polo Highline variant? Did you hear about any discounts on the Polo 1.6 from the dealer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks