Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 12:11   #2371
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Had a question about A/C... I get this HISS sound from the A/C Vents. Is this common?

I know when the gas (for A/C) is low, the same sound can be heard.
after going through this thread from page 100 or so , i see this problem coming up ever so often , so i think its a fairly common issue
Old 10th January 2012, 13:25   #2372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute

Epic

Do you have any price list with you? What is the price quoted to you for the Polo Highline variant? Did you hear about any discounts on the Polo 1.6 from the dealer?
They are taking bookings as per the old price list but making it clear that one will be finally invoiced on the new price 'if ever' the price increases.

Yes they are offering a good 50k-60k discount on the 2011 petrol models.
Old 11th January 2012, 09:12   #2373
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2012 at 14:19. Reason: Typing . . like this . . . and using . . . . . . slang language . .. ...is strictly prohibited on the board.
Old 11th January 2012, 09:49   #2374
Senior - BHPian

I am in the same delima. They claim that there will be no change between the 2011 & 2012 Polo right? So my question is, if so then why increase the price? Besides, if you see practically, the Polo is already overpriced for the features it offers and they want to increase the price further? Plus discounts on the 2011 model but not on the 2012, why; especially since there is no difference. Something definitely on the cards here.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2012 at 14:20. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 11th January 2012, 14:24   #2375
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys here is a further update. Got a call from the VW dealer this morning and was told that there will be no price change in the 2012 Polo. But there will also not be any discounts offered on the 2012 model. Discounts are only being offered in the 2011 models and the car will be either a November 2011 or December 2011 manufactured vehicle. This is to clear 2011 stocks.

I really don't know what to make of this.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:27   #2376
Senior - BHPian

No disadvantage really except you need to really do a through PDI yourself before registering the car as you will have a car that was lying for 3 months in the stock yard being delivered to you.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2012 at 14:20. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 11th January 2012, 17:21   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
No disadvantage really except you need to really do a through PDI yourself before registering the car as you will have a car that was lying for 3 months in the stock yard being delivered to you.
Thanks EPIC
Planning to move ahead with the Bookings.
Old 19th January 2012, 13:56   #2378
BHPian

Anybody has an idea what the Once-in-a-lifetime offer is about?
Is it some discount on '11 cars to clear stocks or on the '12 cars? I'll be making my booking today for a white trendline TDI
Old 19th January 2012, 18:58   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik123 View Post
Anybody has an idea what the Once-in-a-lifetime offer is about?
Is it some discount on '11 cars to clear stocks or on the '12 cars? I'll be making my booking today for a white trendline TDI
This is definitely to clear 2011 stocks. BTW, my experience is, if you get good discounts on 2011 make vehicle(<3 months old). go for it. This has nil effect on performance/warranty & very little impact on resale value(if you are keeping the car for more than a couple of years), as your car will be regd only in 2012. I had same experience with Wagon R, 2004 make, bought in Dec, Regd in Jan'05 & no impact on resale in Oct'11. Anyhow, impact on resale (may be less than 10k) will be much less than the discounts you get. In the meantime, you save on reduced EMI's .

Congratulations on your new car. I also own white TDI TL & enjoying every moment of it. You can find my detailed ownership report here: My first German Beauty: VW POLO Trendline TDI - Page 2 - Team-BHP
nawalsingal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 19:57   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
This is definitely to clear 2011 stocks. BTW, my experience is, if you get good discounts on 2011 make vehicle(<3 months old). go for it. This has nil effect on performance/warranty & very little impact on resale value(if you are keeping the car for more than a couple of years), as your car will be regd only in 2012. I had same experience with Wagon R, 2004 make, bought in Dec, Regd in Jan'05 & no impact on resale in Oct'11. Anyhow, impact on resale (may be less than 10k) will be much less than the discounts you get. In the meantime, you save on reduced EMI's .

Congratulations on your new car. I also own white TDI TL & enjoying every moment of it. You can find my detailed ownership report here: My first German Beauty: VW POLO Trendline TDI - Page 2 - Team-BHP
Thank you!You're german beauty is beautiful! waiting for mine. I've made a payment of 50k for a December 2011 Polo, requested him to provide a form 22 to confirm its a December make, the reason I chose this over the 2012 model because I was offered a music system ( VW approved Kenwood HU w/ Bluetooth,Aux,USB + 4 Speakers ) + Floor Mats + Mud flaps and body colored OVRMS+Door handles ( which they agreed to do after a bit of haggling )

I've checked the sound quality of the speakers and it was pretty decent. And they quoted those goodies at 20k, which in reality might be some 15k so I got a fair deal. The showroom experience was very nice! the staff is very polite.

Will post an ownership review after the delivery of the car.

PS:- For all you guys curious about the Once-in-a-lifetime offer. Meh it's not really an offer, the sales guy told me that the car will look as good as new even after a lifetime, emphasizing on the 6 year anti corrosion and paint warranty, already offered by VW.
Old 21st January 2012, 22:03   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a TD of the 1.2 highline and i wasn't exactly impressed with the engine's power delivery. The TD car had 9.5k on the odo and the NVH was surprisingly good from a 3cyl engine. Could barely hear the engine at idle with all the windows rolled up and the AC working.

The question i have for existing TDI owners is, will the engine performance remain this way or is there any noticeable difference after 10k kms ? I drove a Fabia with the same engine, but 25k on the odo immediately after the Polo TD and was very impressed with the power delivery.

Will the Polo too behave in a similar manner after say 10k kms ? Apart from the mediocre-ish engine, i'm totally in love with the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik123 View Post
I was offered a music system ( VW approved Kenwood HU w/ Bluetooth,Aux,USB + 4 Speakers ) + Floor Mats + Mud flaps and body colored OVRMS+Door handles ( which they agreed to do after a bit of haggling )
That's some deal u've managed to get! Is your car a diesel or petrol ? I've been offered a 30k discount for a highline 1.2tdi. Nothing else
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:41   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Just back from a TD of the 1.2 highline and i wasn't exactly impressed with the engine's power delivery. The TD car had 9.5k on the odo and the NVH was surprisingly good from a 3cyl engine. Could barely hear the engine at idle with all the windows rolled up and the AC working.

The question i have for existing TDI owners is, will the engine performance remain this way or is there any noticeable difference after 10k kms ? I drove a Fabia with the same engine, but 25k on the odo immediately after the Polo TD and was very impressed with the power delivery.

Will the Polo too behave in a similar manner after say 10k kms ? Apart from the mediocre-ish engine, i'm totally in love with the car!

The engine performance starts peaking at this mileage. However I must warn you that the TD car may or may not have been serviced, air filter not cleaned (makes a HUGE difference). If you want to feel the power of this car, come drive with me. You will be in shock as are the rest my friends who drive with me sometimes.
Old 31st January 2012, 17:06   #2383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
I got some features activated thru VAS and the car seems more safe & secure now.

For activating the features through VAS , VW Downtown is quoting based on the features that need to be activated by the customer.

Is this update on chargeable basis?

Cheers!
Old 31st January 2012, 23:09   #2384
BHPian

Hi Volkman ,

I got it done thru KSM Motors, Vashi & was told that if the car is less than a year old, VAS service is free. Global Gallerie, Thane on the other hand insisted that there were charges involved regardless of the age of the car.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
For activating the features through VAS , VW Downtown is quoting based on the features that need to be activated by the customer.

Is this update on chargeable basis?

Cheers!
Old 31st January 2012, 23:27   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man
Hi Volkman ,

I got it done thru KSM Motors, Vashi & was told that if the car is less than a year old, VAS service is free. Global Gallerie, Thane on the other hand insisted that there were charges involved regardless of the age of the car.

Cheers
May I ask what features you activated. Is there a list of ALL features available anywhere?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks