Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 13:48   #2401
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Polo 1,2 HL comes with ABS.

AVG, FE I get for the 1.6 is approx 10.5 - 12.0km/l in city driving and 16km/l on highways ( avg 80km/hr with 100% a.c) or city roads with lesser traffic!

Cheers!
Old 7th February 2012, 13:54   #2402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

Can any of the diesel Polo owners confirm if the gearbox was 'hard' on delivery ? In my car the shifts require an effort as the gearbox is quite hard.
Congratulations for your new wheels. Polo is indeed a joy to drive. Now to your query, Gear box is indeed hard initially but smoothens up as you crunch miles. However, if you feel it's way too hard, get it checked. I also felt the gears to be hard but after driving 7.5 K Kms, the shift has bedded in quite beautifully & now you need nothing mere than a flick for shifting gears. However, engaging reverse gear is tricky at times but not a big reason for any complaint.
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 16:45   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Congratulations for your new wheels. Polo is indeed a joy to drive. Now to your query, Gear box is indeed hard initially but smoothens up as you crunch miles. However, if you feel it's way too hard, get it checked. I also felt the gears to be hard but after driving 7.5 K Kms, the shift has bedded in quite beautifully & now you need nothing mere than a flick for shifting gears. However, engaging reverse gear is tricky at times but not a big reason for any complaint.
Thanks for the response I was beginning to wonder if it was only my car with this problem.

I've driven about 600kms now and i notice a very small improvement in the power delivery and the gearbox feels better now. Or may be i'm getting used to the car One more question, does the EPS unit make a light 'hum' noise when turned lock-to-lock ? I listened to the sound it makes carefully, and i don't think it was the tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
@shashank
Thanks for the heads up, dealer Is offering me 65k off on 1.2/1.6highline(petrol) & 1.2 highline(diesel) - diesel highline is dearer so thinking to pick 1.2 or 1.6 petrol - but not able to decide tough times.
I think the diesel worked out about 1.1 lakh more expensive than the 1.6 highline for me, after all discounts. Its good if your usage is high and also you may get a better value at the time of resale if it matters to you. Between the 1.2 petrol and 1.6 highline, id say go for the 1.6! Its superb to drive and is only 45k or so more than the 1.2 highline

Last edited by shashank.nk : 7th February 2012 at 16:56.
Old 7th February 2012, 16:57   #2404
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response I was beginning to wonder if it was only my car with this problem.

I've driven about 600kms now and i notice a very small improvement in the power delivery and the gearbox feels better now. Or may be i'm getting used to the car One more question, does the EPS unit make a light 'hum' noise when turned lock-to-lock ? I listened to the sound it makes carefully, and i don't think it was the tyres.
Nope, I didn't noticed any such sound. Though, I had a tk tk sound earlier(Less than 1000 KMs on odo)while moving the steering, attributed to faulty lubrication of some suspension bearing, promptly replaced under warranty. But I still wonder what kind of QC/PDI levels VW applies to new cars as this problem shouldn't be there in first place. Means C'mon, how can you fit an non lubricated bearing in new car without getting noticed?
Apart from that, no issues so far, touch wood.
Old 7th February 2012, 17:09   #2405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Nope, I didn't noticed any such sound. Though, I had a tk tk sound earlier(Less than 1000 KMs on odo)while moving the steering, attributed to faulty lubrication of some suspension bearing, promptly replaced under warranty. But I still wonder what kind of QC/PDI levels VW applies to new cars as this problem shouldn't be there in first place. Means C'mon, how can you fit an non lubricated bearing in new car without getting noticed?
Apart from that, no issues so far, touch wood.
VW's PDI isn't the best i guess. I notice small scratches on the hatch door. Its the kind which is not visible when the car is polished, i can see it now that the car's been washed and the polish has faded.

I'll wait till 1k kms and get it checked if the problem persists.
Old 10th February 2012, 02:51   #2406

Hello,

Apparently, I went ahead and booked(with an advance of 50K) a 2011 model 1.2 HL diesel a week back from Volkswagen Downtown - Magrath Road - Bangalore.

The dealer gave me a discount of 30K(offer) + 10.5(corporate discount). Is there something else that i have to negotiate before I get it delivered?

The music system does not have AUX/USB. Did anyone manage to get a better one negotiated from the same dealer?

VAS activation is something which i am going to push for apart from the essential kit(mud flaps and floor mats).
Do i have to look at or ask for something else?

I am also very confused between black and glacier blue. I am oriented more towards the blue as it is comparatively a bit unique on the road and lesser maintenance over black.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 10th February 2012, 07:37   #2407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshravindran View Post
The music system does not have AUX/USB. Did anyone manage to get a better one negotiated from the same dealer?
I am also very confused between black and glacier blue.
I thought the AUX/USB was introduced in the HL diesel in last Nov similar to those in the Vento's. Other TDI HL users could confirm this.

No doubt black is best , if maintained well.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 10:09   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshravindran View Post
Hello,

Apparently, I went ahead and booked(with an advance of 50K) a 2011 model 1.2 HL diesel a week back from Volkswagen Downtown - Magrath Road - Bangalore.

The dealer gave me a discount of 30K(offer) + 10.5(corporate discount). Is there something else that i have to negotiate before I get it delivered?

VAS activation is something which i am going to push for apart from the essential kit(mud flaps and floor mats).
Do i have to look at or ask for something else?

I am also very confused between black and glacier blue. I am oriented more towards the blue as it is comparatively a bit unique on the road and lesser maintenance over black.

Volkswagen Whitefield was offering Rs. 50000 discount on HL TDI - Please check it once visiting the showroom. This is excluding corporate discount.
Veels n Rhodes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 10:13   #2409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Volkswagen Whitefield was offering Rs. 50000 discount on HL TDI - Please check it once visiting the showroom. This is excluding corporate discount.

Thanks for the update!. I did have a check on that. They stated its for HL petrol and not diesel. However, I did not have a proof to argue on this.

I'm not sure of the other offers that are being given as well.
Old 10th February 2012, 10:17   #2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
I thought the AUX/USB was introduced in the HL diesel in last Nov similar to those in the Vento's. Other TDI HL users could confirm this.

No doubt black is best , if maintained well.

Cheers!
Are you sure about this AUX/USB thing? Can any other HL Diesel users confirm on this?

And yeah - even i have a lot of affinity towards black. I have a RE classic 350 and both would look good together on the stable.
Old 10th February 2012, 14:20   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Dinesh,

I bought a Polo tdi highline a week ago. I got the following discount
a. Corporate discount - 19.5 k (platinum category)
b. 30k off on the car as it was a 2011 model

This was reduced from the ex showroom price, so I further saved some cash.

No, we don't get AUX/USB connectivity even in the Polo highline!
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 18:38   #2412
BANNED

VW giving free mud flaps & mats to every customer ? mats they are giving in plastic or carpet one ?
Old 10th February 2012, 19:48   #2413
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please put up the final OTR prices (after any/all discounts) for all the 1.2 Petrol and Diesel and the 1.6 variants for an easy view for everyone else?
Also, from earlier posts, I believe the discounts are only given on 2011 models. So what really are the changes on the 2012 model?
And is there a NEW POLO coming up soon?
Old 11th February 2012, 00:39   #2414

Quote:
Dinesh,

I bought a Polo tdi highline a week ago. I got the following discount
a. Corporate discount - 19.5 k (platinum category)
b. 30k off on the car as it was a 2011 model

This was reduced from the ex showroom price, so I further saved some cash.

No, we don't get AUX/USB connectivity even in the Polo highline!
Thanks a bunch for this information shashank. This was quite helpful.

I will ask them about this platinum category of discount. Although, I'm not sure if it varies with companies.

Did you get any VAS activated during the delivery?
Old 11th February 2012, 20:36   #2415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshravindran

Thanks a bunch for this information shashank. This was quite helpful.

I will ask them about this platinum category of discount. Although, I'm not sure if it varies with companies.

Did you get any VAS activated during the delivery?
No I did not ask him to get any features activated through VAS. Will get it done in a few days.

The corporate discount varies depending on which co you work for. But u should certainly be getting a minimum of 30k off on the 2011 car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks