Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 16:32   #2461
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Unkown the dealer told me Rs.50000/- will be cash discount and rest 60000/- will be adjusted in the loan amount.I didn't asked further because I was not interested in buying polo 1.6.

I have also called dealers in nearby cities,if i get some useful information will post on the forum.

Rgds
Braveheart
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Toyota Innova VX 2009
Chevy Spark PS 2009
M.Zen 1997
Honda Unicorn 2006
braveheart_77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 16:39   #2462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
how much it costing you on road mate 1.6 ? & 110k is cash discount ?
the 50k is cash discount. the rest is more like, gain from interest free loan. they got a matrix, no of years vs loan amount. 0% applies for upto 4-5lkh for about 2 year period(i might be bit off here). this 0% loan, translates to rest of the saving.

if some one is looking for a 1.6 and are fine with 2011 models, very good deal indeed.

Last edited by gkrishn : 29th February 2012 at 16:40.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 16:51   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post

Indeed Nawal, I would like to have a car which offers better rear space and comfort compared to old swift I have. Do you think it is better than swift?
The space is indeed more than Swift. Width wise its OK for 3 adults but Legroom is limited. I personally don't find 3 Pot engine to be a big issue. I've done 180KPH+ on Mumbai Pune E-Way(GPS showed error of 5-6 KMPH. Speedo at 150 GPS showed 145, hence safe to assume top speed of 175KMPH+). The car was planted on road even at that speed. I do drive@150+ whenever conditions permit & car never looses its poise. That way, it fulfills your criteria of "Out & Out drivers car" to the T. Rest, you have to take a call. If fuel prices are not a bother, 1.6 is also a very good bargain at the price offered to you. Cheers
Old 29th February 2012, 20:19   #2464
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Unkown the dealer told me Rs.50000/- will be cash discount and rest 60000/- will be adjusted in the loan amount.I didn't asked further because I was not interested in buying polo 1.6.

I have also called dealers in nearby cities,if i get some useful information will post on the forum.

Rgds
Braveheart
I've been offered OTR of 6.42 lakh with free amc + 2.25% for finance for 3 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
the 50k is cash discount. the rest is more like, gain from interest free loan. they got a matrix, no of years vs loan amount. 0% applies for upto 4-5lkh for about 2 year period(i might be bit off here). this 0% loan, translates to rest of the saving.

if some one is looking for a 1.6 and are fine with 2011 models, very good deal indeed.
You're correct mate, interest rate they are provding for 3 years is 2.25% as compared to 12% from banks.
I don't why they are promoting "Once in a lifetime offer" too much, no other manufacturer gives ads to sell old stock as compared to VW It gives me doubt that something new is coming up.

Last edited by unknown : 29th February 2012 at 20:20.
Old 29th February 2012, 20:42   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
I don't why they are promoting "Once in a lifetime offer" too much, no other manufacturer gives ads to sell old stock as compared to VW It gives me doubt that something new is coming up.
I second your thought it has to be that they are bringing upgraded packaging for these cars/ models due to increased competition to atleast keep the sales momentum going on or increase the sale of Polo. But this is just hunch cause VW is aggressive in all the department except offering Polo 1.6 Diesel ;-)
saurabhdadhichi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:36   #2466
BHPian

Friends

While looking for deals for VW polo in other cities,I was disheartened as there were no diesel 2011 polo's are available but instead VW have increased prices for the 2012 polo's by Rs.15000/-.Earlier comfort-line polo was for Rs.633000/- and now the latest ex-showroom price is Rs.648000/-.This is for your info.
Rgds
Braveheart

Toyota Innova VX 2009
Chevy Spark PS 2009
M.Zen 1997
Honda Unicorn 2006
Old 2nd March 2012, 07:05   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Friends

While looking for deals for VW polo in other cities,I was disheartened as there were no diesel 2011 polo's are available but instead VW have increased prices for the 2012 polo's by Rs.15000/-.Earlier comfort-line polo was for Rs.633000/- and now the latest ex-showroom price is Rs.648000/-.This is for your info.
Rgds
Braveheart

Toyota Innova VX 2009
Chevy Spark PS 2009
M.Zen 1997
Honda Unicorn 2006

I've been offered a cash discount of 50000 on Polo 1.2 Petrol HL (Dec 2011 model) and free insurance (normal) for 1 year worth 22198 and free AMC for 2 years which they claim to be around 15000 worth. The OTR will add up to 607693.
According to the SE, this offer is only for 1.2 Petrol HL and not for any other variant. The colour choice given to me was Red, Black and Silver as they have already run out of other colours. We chose a Silver as the car is primarily meant for my dad's use. He doesn't like black and hates the idea of driving a flashy red colour car
Old 5th March 2012, 18:18   #2468

Finally, I got the polo 1.2 HL Diesel delivered on Sunday (4th March 2012) and its one hell of a machine.

I had to face some ups and downs during this entire buy-cycle though;
Initially, when I booked/blocked the car in Feb, the sales-consultant promised me that the vehicle is a Nov/Dec 2011 make and I took his word for it. It was only after processing the loan and signing the documents, when I asked for the Form 22; I realized that the vehicle is Jul 2011 make.
So, I went about negotiating further and he gave me the car for the “ex-ex-showroom” price which is 10K cheaper than the price when I booked it in Feb. Apparently, VW had a revision in Aug/Sep 2011. These guys also told me that they would bribe the RTO and get my RC Card smudged with the car’s model as 2012. I refused doing anything illegal and instead negotiated in getting a choice of number free-of-cost because of this mistake from their end.
To sum it up, instead of paying 880K OTR, I paid about 818K without the extended warranty including all the discount and offer for a July 2011 VW polo HL Diesel. Considering the fact that it is brand new eight month old-car compared to what they promised as three months, this appeared to be a worthy deal as I am not very keen on the re-sale of the car in the foreseeable future.

Posted is picture of the car.

There is a small doubt that I have though; once I turn on the ignition – a couple of warning lights seem to be on all the time – when I checked in the manual;
· Fault in Alternator.
· Fault in Catalytic convertor.
However, when I turn on the engine – these two lights disappear.
Is there any problem with that?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-polo-hl-1.2-diesel-dr2.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 5th March 2012 at 18:25.
Old 5th March 2012, 18:32   #2469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshravindran View Post
There is a small doubt that I have though; once I turn on the ignition – a couple of warning lights seem to be on all the time – when I checked in the manual;
· Fault in Alternator.
· Fault in Catalytic convertor.
However, when I turn on the engine – these two lights disappear.
Is there any problem with that?
Congrats on your new wheels. Now answer to your question: NO, no problem. These two lights are on till engine is started. I have a diesel Polo as well & same things happens to my car as well, so no reason to worry.
Enjoy your ride. Drive Safe
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 18:38   #2470

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Congrats on your new wheels. Now answer to your question: NO, no problem. These two lights are on till engine is started. I have a diesel Polo as well & same things happens to my car as well, so no reason to worry.
Enjoy your ride. Drive Safe
Thanks for the wishes and a very quick response on that. Nawalsingal
Old 5th March 2012, 18:44   #2471
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
I second your thought it has to be that they are bringing upgraded packaging for these cars/ models due to increased competition to atleast keep the sales momentum going on or increase the sale of Polo. But this is just hunch cause VW is aggressive in all the department except offering Polo 1.6 Diesel ;-)
Agree, VW bring 1.5tdi soon

dineshravindran
Congrats man, hope you enjoy the car, how much discount you got ?
Old 12th March 2012, 18:26   #2472
Senior - BHPian

visited the VW dealer here in Ahmedabad to enquire the on going offers on Polo 1.2 HL Petrol. The SA made the below 2 offers.

2011 : free insurance + free 2 yrs amc + 50k cash discount.

2012 : free insurance + free 2 yrs amc.

When enquired about the changes in 2012 model, he refused saying all 2011-12 cars are same. No changes. But later when spoken to his senior by a fellow bhpian we were informed that 2012 Polo can be delivered with new HU and USB port. But on that we loose out the 50k discount.

Honestly if someone is in the market for a Polo. Just go for the 2011 model and save all you can. With that additional savings, you can easily get a decent after market HU for around 8k and use the rest to upgrade the shoes or speakers.

The dealers are holding ready stock for almost all shades for 1.2HL Petrol and 2 color options for 1.6 model. Black and Blue. When asked for 1.6 deal, we were given the same insurance + amc + 50k deal.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 12th March 2012 at 18:27.
Old 12th March 2012, 19:11   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
visited the VW dealer here in Ahmedabad to enquire the on going offers on Polo 1.2 HL Petrol. The SA made the below 2 offers.

2011 : free insurance + free 2 yrs amc + 50k cash discount.

2012 : free insurance + free 2 yrs amc.

When enquired about the changes in 2012 model, he refused saying all 2011-12 cars are same. No changes. But later when spoken to his senior by a fellow bhpian we were informed that 2012 Polo can be delivered with new HU and USB port. But on that we loose out the 50k discount.

Honestly if someone is in the market for a Polo. Just go for the 2011 model and save all you can. With that additional savings, you can easily get a decent after market HU for around 8k and use the rest to upgrade the shoes or speakers.

The dealers are holding ready stock for almost all shades for 1.2HL Petrol and 2 color options for 1.6 model. Black and Blue. When asked for 1.6 deal, we were given the same insurance + amc + 50k deal.

Regards,
In addition to the above, VW dealers also give you approx 10K off as corporate discount off the 1.6 l depending on the company you work for.
Old 12th March 2012, 19:35   #2474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
In addition to the above, VW dealers also give you approx 10K off as corporate discount off the 1.6 l depending on the company you work for.
Yes. They did say that additional 10k as corporate disc if employed by a company listed there or if a Dr. in family or govt. employee.
Old 13th March 2012, 00:24   #2475
BHPian

Hi guys, I got my Polo 1.2 HighLine petrol delivered on Saturday. It's a 2011 model with 50k discount + free 1 yr insurance + free 2 yrs AMC. I asked the service guys at EVM VW Kochi whether it's possible to activate the remote opening & closing of windows. They said 'NO', as VW has not given them any instructions to do that so far. I have read in some of the threads here that it's possible to activate that feature. But, is it possible on a 2011 model? Also, is there a gear shift indicator on MFD on 1.2 petrol highline? Please help..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks