Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:25   #241
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Writeup GTO/Rehaan.

VW has finally come of age in India.
Looks like the Polo has ecery reason to hit it big, more so with the now killer price tag.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:38   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Its not expensive.... I just spent Rs 1200 for all type of oil changes etc for my first service on UVA. Rs 6000 per servie seems exhorbitantly high for a Hatch.

My thoughts exactly. Some people have worked hard to Generate Vitamin M .
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:09   #243
BHPian

In all looks like a good package. The real question is with such an aggressive pricing for the entry level petrol will it compete with other cars in the same price range?

I was thinking of buying a Swift Zxi but looking at the price alone i went for Swift Ldi. Since many things remained in the same (looks, A.S.S etc) but with VW having limited dealerships, unkown service record it will sure be a bumer for a potential buyer.
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:35   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I drive a Fiesta, and to be honest, i think its biggest sore point is ergonomics!
As mentioned, the Polo is quite adaptable on that front - with the tilt/rake steering (and height adjustable seat on highline). Once again, clutch pedal positioning didn't bother me.
cya
R
Interesting, I think we both have different tastes

@GTO: You created a thread for "Used Enthusiast Cars Below 6L" (which was great). I think the next generation of the same thread wont even come as manufacturers are picking weird engines.

One more question to you: Could you please do a Ergonomic-Handling comparison for the cars below 10L, including Polo? Please. (I think it needs a poll and new thread, Sorry for so much OT).
-Thanks
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:29   #245
Senior - BHPian

Saw VW POLO on display at VW dealer PALACE CROSS, Near Garuda Mall.
Fantastic looking car. Particularly the RED one.
Build is amazing, not a single panel gap.
Everything looks fine with the car, except for the rear seating, comfortable for 2 persons and legroom is pathetic when the front seats are stretched fully back.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:52   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Its not expensive.... I just spent Rs 1200 for all type of oil changes etc for my first service on UVA. Rs 6000 per servie seems exhorbitantly high for a Hatch.
I don't know about the service interval of U-VA, but I was talking more in terms of mileage rather than no. of services. Rs 12000 for 35000 kms. Most cars are serviced at every 5k interval. It will take 7 services to reach the 35000 kms mark. That comes to ~ Rs 1715 (12000/7) for every 5K. Is that too expensive?

Yes, the spare parts are pretty expensive.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:54   #247
BHPian

1.2l Petrol Polo has arrived in the showrooms and available for test drive from tomorrow.
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:09   #248
AAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
What are the Pros/Cons of a hydraulic Power steering over EPS ? I read some where that the hydraulic ones saps lot of engine power & need maintenance periodically. Is it correct ?

Like the POLO does the FIGO also have a hydraulic unit ?

Hydraulic EPS uses aprox 2 to 3 % of engine power..not more than that....which actually should not make a huge difference in preformance but yes...it uses engine power.

Hydraulic steering gives good feedback while cornering but the new generation EPS systems used in Polo is much better overall package with good feedback at low and high speeds.
slowly Auto industry would stop using H-EPS system.
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:11   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
• VW’s market blitzkrieg included the tagline “Das Auto”. In my opinion, this is the worst tagline to use for a mass market like India. Sure, “Das Auto” means “The Car”, but just how many people know that? Its silly to use a foreign language in your punchline for a market of 1.2 Billion people. A market with nearly 350 spoken languages at that.
Oh I swear! I initially read this thingy as 'dAAs Auto' -thought that was the name of a dealer!
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:30   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
I don't know about the service interval of U-VA, but I was talking more in terms of mileage rather than no. of services. Rs 12000 for 35000 kms. Most cars are serviced at every 5k interval. It will take 7 services to reach the 35000 kms mark. That comes to ~ Rs 1715 (12000/7) for every 5K. Is that too expensive?

Yes, the spare parts are pretty expensive.
won't bicker on this issue, but frankly, as for my understanding the service interval for fabia is 10K Kms and not 35K Kms for 2 services as you suggested. This minor tweak will take 'per 5K service cost' to 3,000 compared to 1200 for other cars. And this is just consumables cost. I wouldn't pay that much extra for want of synthetic oil or anything coz it is still a tankful gasoline worth money. Plz correct if I am wrong.
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:39   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Oh I swear! I initially read this thingy as 'dAAs Auto' -thought that was the name of a dealer!
Adding to that some may think it is '10 auto'

On a serious note: Any idea if the 1.2 Turbo will make it here?
Old 4th March 2010, 01:27   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Adding to that some may think it is '10 auto'

On a serious note: Any idea if the 1.2 Turbo will make it here?
Seems unlikely for now as even the 1.6 seems "unsure" of making an appearance, lest it goes the Palio way. However Nissan Micra coming up with 1.2 NA (80PS) & 1.2 turbo (98PS) in May will surely give VW something to think about!
Old 4th March 2010, 08:45   #253
BHPian

Quote:
won't bicker on this issue, but frankly, as for my understanding the service interval for fabia is 10K Kms and not 35K Kms for 2 services as you suggested. This minor tweak will take 'per 5K service cost' to 3,000 compared to 1200 for other cars. And this is just consumables cost. I wouldn't pay that much extra for want of synthetic oil or anything coz it is still a tankful gasoline worth money. Plz correct if I am wrong.
No my friend. The service interval is now 15k kms and not 10k . I have been getting my car serviced before the schedule. I am not saying that it is cheap. Just making a point that it is not as "expensive" as thought by most people. And so have every reason to believe that Polo servicing costs are going to be reasonable.

How much does it cost to service a Swift for 15k kms? I am sure it will be more than 6000 bucks (2k for each paid service).

Last edited by fi.robin : 4th March 2010 at 08:47.
Old 4th March 2010, 09:03   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
, sometimes manufacturers get carried away with communication. Maybe VW wants to communicate German engineered automobile.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:14   #255
BHPian

Does anyone here think that the Polo is the BEST looking hatchback in India? Sirish Chandran seems to think so.

Most Viewed