Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 19:40   #2596
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Mate, how much did this thing cost to replace? I faced the same issue today on my Polo that is just more than a year old. Don't know when the flaps broke, but noticed it just today. Not both the flaps though, like yours, but the one on the driver side. And the vent is neither moving up or down, remains fixated in the same position, blowing air downward. Going to call up the service station tomorrow and inquire the details of replacement. Meanwhile, let me know how much you spent toward it.
They don't cost anything. It is replaced under warranty. This incident happened twice with my car and both the times new vents were put under warranty.

P.S: Guys, I am completing almost 2 yrs of my car and I now want to opt for extended warranty. However the company says that warranty can be extended only in the 1st year of ownership. Is this true? cuz Polo's long term reliabilty is still to be proven so i can't take a chance of not being without warranty for at least another year.
Old 17th July 2012, 20:08   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
They don't cost anything. It is replaced under warranty. This incident happened twice with my car and both the times new vents were put under warranty.
Feeling much relaxed knowing that it is covered under warranty.
Old 22nd July 2012, 00:01   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi,

What is the 'real' mileage of the Polo 1.2 and 1.6 in city traffic? Also, how is the driveability (of the 1.2) with AC and 2 occupants? Does the 1.2 need very frequent gear-changes in such cases?

Can 1.2 and 1.6 owners please post their actual mileage and brief experiences?
I have a 1.2 TDI, and the mileage has been a consistent 19-22 over the last 11k kms that I've driven. This is from a tank full to tank full calculation. The drive is 75% city traffic with 25% highway like stretch. The AC is on almost 100% of the time. The mileage (as calculated by the real time monitoring through DTE) drops drastically once you start driving with a heavy pedal. Now since I always calculate tank full to tank full, and could never really treat my car with spirited city driving for long, so never really got to check how bad it really gets. My 19kmpl is the worst figure so far.

But as I read elsewhere in this thread, achieving 26+ kmpl is very much possible if driven at 100-80 kmph on highway. Been planning to do a long stretch for long... will update the figures then.

Compared to a petrol, diesel engine would always be better in terms of mileage, and when Polo (P) can claim 17-19 kmpl, diesel would always turn around a better figure.
Old 25th July 2012, 09:35   #2599
BHPian

We test drove Polo last week. It looks smashing in the Red color. Steering feedback is really nice. back row is strictly for 2 adults and less than 10 years Kid.

Polo 1.2 petrol was noisy, I was wondering if I was in a diesel polo. Further I was surprised to see really small range in the petrol car. In 1.2 with 3/4th tank, range was just 300 km. When I asked how far will a tank full go sales guy said approximately 400-420 km. This was more or less in line with MID calculations. But he said the there will be 7 liters reserve which is not considered by the MID etc.

Polo 1.6 is the best of the lot, fun to drive but currently there seems to be no production. The range with full tank seemed really low. MID was showing 220 km range with 60% tank. Full tank range will be around 340-360 km. Reserve 7 Liters.

Finally we were in Polo 1.2 diesel, it was really noisy even in idle. And in Hyderabad Polo 1.2 High Line Diesel has crossed 9 Lakhs. Did not feel it was worth that much. Swift ZDi totally felt like VFM even though it is now close to 8.15 lakhs

The dealer was clueless about the supply of petrol cars. They are not ready to commit any time frame.
Old 26th July 2012, 10:07   #2600
BHPian

Anyone has more details on this 5.99% and mobility max offer?

5.99 & Mobility Max Offer < Polo < Models < Welcome to Volkswagen India
Old 26th July 2012, 10:39   #2601

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice29 View Post
I have contacted the service center to know whether I can increase the GC of my Polo TDi somehow.
=============
Note : I do not expect this to increase the GC by a mile. But still anything better than the current one is a welcome for me.
I want to know more about this. Has anybody tried changing the suspension bush? Is it worth it? Does it improve the ride quality/bump absorbtion?

Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 12:47   #2602
Distinguished - BHPian

VW's Monsoon check up is currently on and would end on 15th Aug. Check up with your dealer for appointement.

Monsoon Check-up the 8-point check comprises of the following,

1. Oil level check.
2. Coolant level and leakage check.
3. Defogger check.
4. Air conditioning check.
5. Windscreen washer.
6. Wiper functioning check and Tyre pressure check.
7. Inspection of brake pads.
8. Lights and battery check.

All top up of fluids are done free of cost ( atleast I have got it), suggest if your vehicle has done 5k kms or more it is good to avail this.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 18:25   #2603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW's Monsoon check up is currently on and would end on 15th Aug. Check up with your dealer for appointement.
I also got it done today. It takes almost 2 hours and in addition to all above, they washed the car and did internal cleaning for free.
Old 27th July 2012, 23:27   #2604

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Anyone has more details on this 5.99% and mobility max offer?

5.99 & Mobility Max Offer < Polo < Models < Welcome to Volkswagen India
Mobility Max offers loan interest 5.99% for a period of 3 years with maximum of 75% of Ex showroom price. This is part a part of the offer. You can also include Extended Warrenty, AMC value & second year insurance in EMIs without any interest charge on that portion of amount. If only loan interest rate attracts you, you can avail only that. Please note that if you opt of low interest rate, you will get other discounts that would be running on the models. I did a comparison with market rate of 11.% & found that there would be saving 32000. So, I would recommend to check the latest offers available & based on benefits decide on Mobility offer.
Old 28th July 2012, 17:25   #2605
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine works in VW. He just informed me that the Polo 1.6 is discontinued.

Also, the Polo is coming with A/T but he is not sure whether it is coming in 1.2 petrol or diesel...
Old 29th July 2012, 19:21   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004
A friend of mine works in VW. He just informed me that the Polo 1.6 is discontinued.

Also, the Polo is coming with A/T but he is not sure whether it is coming in 1.2 petrol or diesel...
Could you confirm the timeline for an autobox in polo from your source.
Old 30th July 2012, 12:16   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

Polo 1.6 discontinued.. Well that's new since I went to dealer on Saturday and was told that the 1.6 will be available from August last week and delivary in First week of September.

I am not sure whether this is discussed in this forum but 2012 Polo which I saw and drove on Saturday had :

1. Aux input for ICE.
2. Auto-lock on doors.
3. Passenger vanity mirror.
Old 30th July 2012, 12:24   #2608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Could you confirm the timeline for an autobox in polo from your source.
I did and he has no idea about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Polo 1.6 discontinued.. Well that's new since I went to dealer on Saturday and was told that the 1.6 will be available from August last week and delivary in First week of September.

I am not sure whether this is discussed in this forum but 2012 Polo which I saw and drove on Saturday had :

1. Aux input for ICE.
2. Auto-lock on doors.
3. Passenger vanity mirror.
Did you check if it is a new stock?
Old 30th July 2012, 12:29   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

Did you check if it is a new stock?
Yes .. It will be new stock. He said production is on hold but he did not say discontinued. I checked his inventory and he had one white Polo 1.6 with him June manufacture.
Old 30th July 2012, 14:31   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
I want to know more about this. Has anybody tried changing the suspension bush? Is it worth it? Does it improve the ride quality/bump absorbtion?

Thanks
I am planning to get this done. Need a 4 hr appointment with the Service Center. Shall update here once it is done. Need to dedicate a weekend for this is my concern .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks