Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:36   #2656
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Just seen a VW Polo 1.6, run 8000 kms, 2011. Asking 5.65L. Is that a good deal? I found it pricey.
IMO, it is a good price. Any ides why the sale since it would not have been a year since the purchase and he would have paid would be 7.5+ L!

Cheers!
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:38   #2657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
IMO, it is a good price. Any ides why the sale since it would not have been a year since the purchase and he would have paid would be 7.5+ L!

Cheers!
The guy's goin to Canada. He's selling everything including the washing machine. Tried to get me to buy that too.

I'm just worried about the discontinuation of the production of this car...dont wanna end up getting stuck with this.
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:42   #2658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm just worried about the discontinuation of the production of this car...dont wanna end up getting stuck with this.
Please note the Polo 1.6 shares most of the drive parts with Vento petrol variant and hence shortage of parts would not be an issue (in-case that is your worry).

Anyways you have to take that call.

Cheers!
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:49   #2659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please note the Polo 1.6 shares most of the drive parts with Vento petrol variant and hence shortage of parts would not be an issue (in-case that is your worry).

Anyways you have to take that call.

Cheers!
What kind of extended warranty is available on this polo variant? I checked if the guy had an extended warranty card and the guy just blinked at me.

Last edited by Red Liner : 2nd September 2012 at 21:50.
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:56   #2660
Senior - BHPian

Jassy - This is very clearly mentioned in your ownership manual. The TDI unit is known for oil consumption in the first 15k kms of running and this oil check-up is called as "inspection service" or something to that effect. It doesnt happen after the engine has run-in.

And this is not only for VW, many turbo charged diesels behave the same way, and if you feel the oil level is low - you can top it up with distilled water and still drive. It doesn't warrant towing the car, whomsoever provided you that advice was totally wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
I agree with the fact that diesel engines sip oil and also I do check the oil level on regular intervals But I was busy with few things from past 2 months and also drove a lot so missed out on checking the oil level but yesterday while cleaning the interiors I luckily checked and found there's hardly any oil and even the coolant was less.
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:57   #2661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I checked if the guy had an extended warranty card and the guy just blinked at me.
Seems the subject car has no extended warranty taken.

Extended Warranty Program -Polo/Vento

This program will be applicable for the 3rd & 4th year or upto 100000 kms from the date of Sales, whichever is earlier after the expiry of primary warranty of 2 years/unlimited kms.

This Extended Warranty shall commence on the expiry of the primary warranty.

List of Components Covered:

1.Engine
2.Manual Gearbox
3.Automatic Gearbox
4.Suspension and Steering
5.Braking System
6.Fuel System
7.Fuel Injection System
8.Air Conditioning
9.Electrical System
10.Oil Seals

Parts not covered:

1.Routine Maintenance Service Jobs
2.Parts Subject to normal Wear & Tear
3.Consumables
4.Rubber & Plastic Items

Any outer fitment done from any local vendor will void the entire warranty of the Vehicle.

Useful thread on maintenance: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dos-donts.html

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd September 2012 at 22:14.
Old 2nd September 2012, 22:02   #2662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Seems the subject car has no extended warranty taken.

Extended Warranty Program -Polo
Thanks Volkman. Is this a separate booklet or some kind of a card you get? (This is usually the case for most cars). I can ask the guy to check again - but I need to explain to him what the heck he needs to look for.
Old 2nd September 2012, 22:13   #2663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is this a separate booklet or some kind of a card you get? (This is usually the case for most cars).
It is a separate booklet. It can't be missed out if the guy has purchased the car himself. It would have costed him Rs.7199 (approx.)

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 22:20   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
... many turbo charged diesels behave the same way, and if you feel the oil level is low - you can top it up with distilled water and still drive. It doesn't warrant towing the car, whomsoever provided you that advice was totally wrong.
jeez! Top with distilled water . Sure would have to be towed after that! I'm sure u mean oil. Water for the coolant.
Old 2nd September 2012, 22:26   #2665
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Just seen a VW Polo 1.6, run 8000 kms, 2011. Asking 5.65L. Is that a good deal? I found it pricey.
with the highest possible discounts the 1.6s have been sold for 6.75L otr (Hyderabad - similarly priced to Bangalore)
One can purchase the extended warranty within one year I suppose. Not sure.
Like mentioned - so long as Vento 1.6 petrol doesn't face spares issue even this wouldn't
MindSpeeDs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:04   #2666
Senior - BHPian

Oops, I sure have mixed both. Sorry for that.

Yes, I was thinking about coolant when I mentioned distilled water. For a fact, both polo and vento TDI suffers from low coolant level during the run-in period. It happened with my car too.

I'd presume the oil pressure warning will come up on the IP if the engine oil level is dangerously low. If it hasn't come on, then it probably wasn't low enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
jeez! Top with distilled water . Sure would have to be towed after that! I'm sure u mean oil. Water for the coolant.
Old 3rd September 2012, 06:36   #2667
Distinguished - BHPian

Any news on the rumoured price increase of upto 3%? Hope they have shelved the plan. Last thing the Polo and Vento need now is a 15k price hike!
Old 4th September 2012, 18:19   #2668
BHPian

The prices of the Vento & Polo Highline variants have been slashed! Bluetooth as a feature has been added!

You can read the full article here http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16249142.cms
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 18:47   #2669
Senior - BHPian

Good move by VW, they finally realized their cars(Polo and Vento) is awfully short of features.

So for roughly 50k less,one gets smoked headlamps,steering mounted audio controls, leather wrap steering wheel and USB connectivity with bluetooth. Its as good as the deal i got, only difference is one gets a 2012 model with many more features.

One can just imagine the profits VW were making prior to this, if they can slash the price by 40k AND offer more features at a lower price. I also hope they added drivers side control for all 4 power windows.
Old 11th September 2012, 14:52   #2670
Distinguished - BHPian

From the updated catalouge seen in VW website.

Quote:
Heat reducing tinted windows minimise sunlight, helping to ensure a pleasant temperature for rear passengers and enhance the exterior’s sporty appeal.
Also the Polo1.6 with updated features are uploaded.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks