Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 20:50   #2701
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Hi,
All Polo owners, does any one have idea of Chrome Inserts for the Polo. I have booked the petrol White Comfortline and will be getting delivery next week. Today did the PDI at Stockyard of VW Downtown in Panvel and dear oh dear the car looks smashing (Even though it was all covered with dust). When Looked inside I was actually missing the chrome inserts on AC Vents, Gear knob and Gear base and the front air vents.
Can anyone guide me as to where I could buy these in Bombay (South Bombay / Navi Mumbai) apart from the dealer itself.

Thanks bhpians
Old 20th October 2012, 23:06   #2702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510
Hi,
All Polo owners, does any one have idea of Chrome Inserts for the Polo. When Looked inside I was actually missing the chrome inserts on AC Vents, Gear knob and Gear base and the front air vents.
Can anyone guide me as to where I could buy these in Bombay (South Bombay / Navi Mumbai) apart from the dealer itself.

Thanks bhpians
Are these available for purchase at all? I am interested in the interior chrome bits. However, I think these will need complete replacement ( e.g. AC vents) rather than inserts.
Old 21st October 2012, 22:51   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdadevil View Post
Called up my dealer and he adjusted my Polo Highline (P) booking to reflect the discount of Rs 30K. Reason being the 50K offer is only for Trendline and Comfortline. My updated OTR Pune (PMC) is 6.38L inclusive of Car Care Pkg (2yrs Extended Warranty and 1yr Zero Dep Insurance) and RTO. Sweet deal
So you got the upgraded Polo (with headlamps, steering mounted controls) for 6.38L net? That too inclusive of the other things you mentioned above??

That's an awesome deal imo!

I purchased the new HL a month back, and got it for 6.55L including all the things you mentioned above and phone bluetooth kit.
And this was after a corp. discount of 5k.
Old 22nd October 2012, 06:16   #2704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy

So you got the upgraded Polo (with headlamps, steering mounted controls) for 6.38L net? That too inclusive of the other things you mentioned above??

That's an awesome deal imo!
Yupp it indeed is an awesome deal. Actually the on road turned out to be lesser than Swift it was like icing on the cake.
Old 22nd October 2012, 15:20   #2705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Finally POLOrised!!! Booked white petrol comfortline for delivery on 24th Oct. Desperately awaiting for my dream car. Thanks to all BHPians for all the help in deciding.
Congrats. may i ask, what is your onroad price? and any special offer?
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:23   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky

Congrats. may i ask, what is your onroad price? and any special offer?
Thanks buddy! On road price came to rs. 5.43 (panvel registration) less value of my old car that i gave as exchange. Offers included corporate discount, exchange bonus and cash discount.
Old 26th October 2012, 13:16   #2707
BHPian

Thanks friends for all the information and feedback. Proved very valuable during the decision making and booking phase..
On wednesday, I booked the Polo Highline (P) here at Pune. Got the following discounts:
Individual 15K
Corp. 9K
Exchange Bonus 20K
Free first year insurance.

Now the wait 1728000 second wait!
Old 30th October 2012, 23:48   #2708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsjar View Post
Thanks friends for all the information and feedback. Proved very valuable during the decision making and booking phase..
On wednesday, I booked the Polo Highline (P) here at Pune. Got the following discounts:
Individual 15K
Corp. 9K
Exchange Bonus 20K
Free first year insurance.

Now the wait 1728000 second wait!
9K corporate discount? I was offered 5600 on the same car at one of the dealers yesterday. Where in Pune did the 9k corporate discount offer come? That was offered on the Vento to me.
Old 31st October 2012, 16:13   #2709

Going to book the polo 1.2 highline today for my dad, posted earlier in this forum checking if the price (6.5 OTR - Bhopal M.P) quoted by the dealers was correct and also to get an opinion from TBhpians about Polo vs Jazz, however the thread was deleted and rightly so, re-searched through the posts of recent buyers and the minium seems to be 6.38 lacs OTR Pune and the delaer here in bhopal has an explanation for that, quoting him - sir including entry tax, transportation etc it is another 12-15K expensive here, please give us a chance to serve you instead of getting the car from pune (since i told him if you dont gimme a good price i can get it from pune cuz my borther resides there). Anyways it seems a fair deal to me, will ask my dad to haggle for Zero Dep Insurance + anti rust etc for the same price. A query for the recent buyers - was reading somewhere on the forum that the RCD310 comes equipped with a display for the rear camera is it correct or have i misunderstood? Lastly if any of the recent buyers could please point to any extras apart from regular accessories to be checked for e.g just saw the pics from rehaan and realized that polo comes with Extra pair of halogen bulbs so similar things - hope you get the drift. Thanks again everyone going for a polo finally instead of jazz due to a lot of factors which i will explain once i finish booking my car
Old 31st October 2012, 17:26   #2710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmagic View Post
was reading somewhere on the forum that the RCD310 comes equipped with a display for the rear camera is it correct or have i misunderstood? Lastly if any of the recent buyers could please point to any extras apart from regular accessories to be checked for e.g just saw the pics from rehaan and realized that polo comes with Extra pair of halogen bulbs so similar things - hope you get the drift. Thanks again everyone going for a polo finally instead of jazz due to a lot of factors which i will explain once i finish booking my car
Wow Polo wins for you over the Jazz!

As for RCD310, no theres no display for any rear camera as there is no rear camera. There are parking sensors (4 of them, at least on the Vento, not sure about Polo) and the HU shows a 2D image of the car and any obstructions and gives a fair indication of how far the obstruction is, alongwith an audio warning (a chime that gets louder as the obstruction gets nearer). Hope you get the idea.

As for accessories - get good mats. The OEMs ones are good but not good enough Also you can go for leather seats if you like leather. Fabric is prone to get dirty in no time if you are not careful. Door sills are a good idea too for aesthetic reasons and they are quite decently priced. Other things will depend on your own imagination and budget. Lot of people go for headlights update (100/90 setup or something similar).

Enjoy your new Polo.

Last edited by joslicx : 31st October 2012 at 17:43.
Old 31st October 2012, 23:31   #2711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
9K corporate discount? I was offered 5600 on the same car at one of the dealers yesterday. Where in Pune did the 9k corporate discount offer come? That was offered on the Vento to me.
hey Frequentflyer, there are two dealers in Pune - both offering similar discounts (not surprising). I was quoting for Polo whereas you mention Vento, that may be the difference.
Old 1st November 2012, 05:23   #2712

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

As for RCD310, no theres no display for any rear camera as there is no rear camera. There are parking sensors (4 of them, at least on the Vento, not sure about Polo) and the HU shows a 2D image of the car and any obstructions and gives a fair indication of how far the obstruction is, alongwith an audio warning (a chime that gets louder as the obstruction gets nearer). Hope you get the idea.
Thank you for that. Yep i get it the i20 also has it minus the graphical display on the rear view mirror.

Anyways the deal did not get through since the dealer in bhopal is still selling the older version and doesn't have the recently upgraded polos yet, we discovered this only after i spoke to the dealer (till now dad has been doing all the negotiations in my absence) before finally paying the booking amount. I am wondering why is volkswagen selling the older models @ higher prices.
Old 1st November 2012, 06:07   #2713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsjar View Post
hey Frequentflyer, there are two dealers in Pune - both offering similar discounts (not surprising). I was quoting for Polo whereas you mention Vento, that may be the difference.
I was offered 9k on the Vento and 5600 on the Polo in Pune. I wanted to know who is offering 9k on the Polo....I had checked with Bhandari.
Old 1st November 2012, 07:26   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer

I was offered 9k on the Vento and 5600 on the Polo in Pune. I wanted to know who is offering 9k on the Polo....I had checked with Bhandari.
I had checked with my SA at BUB and he showed me a list of all major public/pvt organisations each assigned a corp discount category and each category with applicable corp discount. As per my SA corp discount is directly controlled by VW and the dealer has no say in it. Further, dealers need to submit HR letter from the customer to justify each corp discount. Moreover the discount amount varies amongst the models and between petrol and diesel variants.

Basically, if you or your spouse is working for a body shopping org you would fall in highest category that attracts most corp discount.

Cheers!!
Old 1st November 2012, 07:52   #2715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer

This was Vidyut. There are differences by variants as well. Mine was for petrol highlife.
Hope that helps.
adsjar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks