Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2012, 19:16   #2746
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My 3 month old Polo TDI is returning around 12.5 in city with 50% AC use. Driven by chauffeur unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
Wow that's low.
I found my MID too be off by just 0.5kmpl, after doing several full-to-empty runs. The car has just 3k on ODO.
The worst I get is 12 when in a really slow traffic. (10-15kmph).

Are you stuck in bumper to bumper traffic most of the times?
Thanks for all your replies! It seems like bumper to bumper traffic is the culprit, I drove to Tirupati over the weekend and till the KR Puram bridge the MID showed a sweet 15.6kmpl with 3 on-board and some "saint-like" driving! So the engine is sensitive to traffic conditions and driving style.

The highway figures were very impressive though, 22 on the way to Tirupati and 21 on the way back with speeds of 80-100 mostly,100% AC usage.
Old 6th December 2012, 19:36   #2747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
The highway figures were very impressive though, 22 on the way to Tirupati and 21 on the way back with speeds of 80-100 mostly,100% AC usage.
That's more like it!
Old 8th December 2012, 01:00   #2748

My polo TDI gives a comfortable 17-18kmpl on an average. Sometimes its higher too This is in city driving and about 60 percent in traffic.
Old 10th December 2012, 16:31   #2749
BHPian

I've driven my polo TDI for almost 18k now. Getting a consistent mileage of 18-20 for city-highway mix traffic (calculating tank full to tank full method). All of these are with AC-on at 90% of time, and with 50% traffic. Mileage over highways is amazing... 24 was what I got in my last run (Expressway runs) at a relaxed 90 KMPH. But, need to admit that mileage really goes for a toss the moment I start driving like a biker (though still can't get them in street chase). However, extremely satisfied with km's v/s fuel consumed.
Old 28th December 2012, 11:55   #2750
BHPian

Mileage I'm getting on my TDI that is done more than 25k now: For a full tank (44-45 lit), I drive anywhere between 660-730 kms depending on the driving & road conditions, in a mix of both city & highway drive; before refueling. By the time I refuel, the guage shows app. 4-5 lit left - So about 40 litres consumed for 660-730 kms with 100% AC on, which I think is very much reasonable.

As I reported in an earlier thread somewhere, the best mileage my car has returned stands at 26 kmpl when my dad accelerated at a consistent 100 kmph on a highway void of traffic, with AC on.
Old 29th December 2012, 21:02   #2751
Senior - BHPian

Important Info for all.

1. Increase in GC by 10 mm for VW Polo 1.2 TDi owners.

Since VW Polo TDi has a very low placed oil sump which may have a tendency to hit the road under certain circumstances leading to broken sump, which is a very costly affair.

So VW has come with an service bulletin where they are placing spacers within the front & rear suspension to increase the GC of the car to prevent any further chances of oil sump damage.

Source: VW KSM Motors, Nerul Navi Mumbai where I went for getting some work done on my Vento TDi.

2. Extended Warranty.

Those who all asked when can be the VW Extended warranty be purchased and what is the price, below is the picture which should clarify. Got it from VW KSM Motors, Nerul Navi Mumbai. Below image should clear all the doubts.

My suggestion, get the extended warranty asap.

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-28122012850.jpg.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 11:14   #2752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Important Info for all.

1. Increase in GC by 10 mm for VW Polo 1.2 TDi owners.

Since VW Polo TDi has a very low placed oil sump which may have a tendency to hit the road under certain circumstances leading to broken sump, which is a very costly affair.

So VW has come with an service bulletin where they are placing spacers within the front & rear suspension to increase the GC of the car to prevent any further chances of oil sump damage.

Source: VW KSM Motors, Nerul Navi Mumbai where I went for getting some work done on my Vento TDi.

So VW should have used real bumps rather than Ostrich's eggs to test the GC. Consumer protection in our country is not as strong as in the US or EU else VW could be sued for that ad campaign.
anandpadhye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 15:17   #2753
BHPian

My Polo gives 14-15 in the worst bangalore city traffic(around majestic and yeshwanthpur)..and i get a decent 17-18 in other parts of bangalore (hebal, marathahalli....Outer ring road.)..this is with 100% AC and moderate driving.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:30   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Important Info for all.

========
Attachment 1032376.
Is this a service bulletin for KSM Motors only? I am unable to find any reference at VW India website or anywhere on my Dealer's website.
Old 2nd January 2013, 12:39   #2755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchir911 View Post
Is this a service bulletin for KSM Motors only? I am unable to find any reference at VW India website or anywhere on my Dealer's website.
No its for all the VW Workshop and specific to cars. You can ask the nearest workshop to run your vehicle VIN number on their system which should show whichever service bulletin are due for your car.
Old 2nd January 2013, 12:46   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
No its for all the VW Workshop and specific to cars. You can ask the nearest workshop to run your vehicle VIN number on their system which should show whichever service bulletin are due for your car.
Okay, I understand now. Did a search on my own, and observed that these service bulletins are never revealed in public or communicated to customers. Strange that there is no communication from my Dealer yet, and doubt if I would get it anytime. In any case, thanks very much... Polo TDi for sure has some issues with ground clearance. Its not as bad as Figo though, but still I have managed to scrape a few times despite driving carefully.
Old 7th January 2013, 11:57   #2757
BHPian

GM guys,

Well I had a query regarding checks to be done in case of accidently jumping bumpers at high speed.

Last night while returning home late in my Polo I accidently jumped a bumper (a smooth and well shaped bumper at the airoli bridge exit in navi mumbai which doesnot have any board signs for bumper ahead) at around 70-80 kmph speeds. Tried to brake hard but was too late :(

After the incident though i have not heard any queaks or steering wheel drifting to any side but just want to take precautionary measures if at all required.

Please help!
Old 10th January 2013, 11:53   #2758
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo pips India made Figo and Etios in 2012's title race in South Africa!

Polo Vivo (previous gen model available in hatch and sedan) and the new Polo (the spec selling in India, in hatch and sedan formats) are year 2012′s best selling passenger cars in South Africa.

The two carlines topped sales charts clocking 34,873 units and 28,667 units respectively, cornering a sensational 14.4% market share for the Polo brand

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/01/v...#ixzz2HYDmZkID
Old 11th January 2013, 12:15   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
GM guys,

Last night while returning home late in my Polo I accidently jumped a bumper (a smooth and well shaped bumper at the airoli bridge exit in navi mumbai which doesnot have any board signs for bumper ahead) at around 70-80 kmph speeds. Tried to brake hard but was too late :(

After the incident though i have not heard any queaks or steering wheel drifting to any side but just want to take precautionary measures if at all required.

Please help!
You do love your car mate! My suggestion is not to worry... Polo is designed to take some amount of abuse. Moreover, there are no signs (no queaks or steering drift), which also means no attention required.

However, my humble suggestion is to take your car every 4-5 months over to the service station to have a general check-up. I have been doing it for Polo, and it does not cost much. The best part is it gives me a peace of mind since service intervals are quite large. Do tell the SA about the incident(s) that may have happened, and they'll check the car for you at a very nominal cost. Again, just don't overdo it (3-6 months interval).
ruchir911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 12:46   #2760
Distinguished - BHPian

A new initiative by VW - the "Fast Start" brand campaign for the Polo/Vento, which was kickstarted from 10th January, 2013. It's being highlighted through the print media and TV commercials for both cars.

This can also be seen on the new Volkswagen homepage as The Polo. Added Features. Added Value.

This is the new ad for the Polo:-

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th January 2013 at 12:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks