Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2013, 11:09   #2836
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
pleasant feeling didn't last long when he gave us the bill amount.
it was 22000INR

Polo is not just a "The mint with a hole" it also "The car which burns a hole in your pocket"
OMG!!!! It looks to me like it doesnt just burn a hole in your pocket, rather it burns your pants away completely!!!

Over 3.5 years of ownership of a Punto, I have spent a net 27000rs on it at the service station. This includes dent repair and repaint on two doors and the door sill worth 7000rs and 2000rs for a headlamp replacement.

Do put up the cost break up.

Last edited by julupani : 30th June 2013 at 11:11.
Old 30th June 2013, 17:32   #2837
BHPian

After a month of deliberation, finally booked the Polo Highline 1.2 Petrol Reflex Silver today at Volkswagen Guwahati. Delivery period is around 15-20 days. The VW people are claiming that Highline models are currently having high delivery periods. I will be eagerly waiting for my first VW purchase
pranjal1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 14:07   #2838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
After a month of deliberation, finally booked the Polo Highline 1.2 Petrol Reflex Silver today at Volkswagen Guwahati. Delivery period is around 15-20 days. The VW people are claiming that Highline models are currently having high delivery periods. I will be eagerly waiting for my first VW purchase
Congrats pranjal. I saw this offer today in the newspaper. Where the vw is offering extended warranty, three year insurance and maintenance. After almost booking punto emotion. This has got me interested. What do you suggest. I am in Guwahati too
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 16:36   #2839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Congrats pranjal. I saw this offer today in the newspaper. Where the vw is offering extended warranty, three year insurance and maintenance. After almost booking punto emotion. This has got me interested. What do you suggest. I am in Guwahati too
Can you please explain the scheme? I could not understand the concept of 36 EMIs of 9999 for Polo and 20% down payment.
Old 8th July 2013, 17:06   #2840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post

Thanks blurust. VW is offering 10k cash discount and 3k corporate discount for highline variant and nearly 40k discount for comfortline. I just now called the dealership regarding today's ad. I was informed that it is valid only if you avail volkswagen finance . My advice is you take a testdrive of polo and decide. The guwahati sales people are quite helpful. However annual service costs of polo comes to.around 7000 for petrol and 9000 for diesel. However service interval is every 15000 kms or 1 year.

Last edited by pranjal1984 : 8th July 2013 at 17:10.
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:52   #2841
BHPian

Guys.. finalised on the Polo Diesel. Unable to decide between the Highline / Trendline ... reason... time spent in the car is pretty less... so wondering if the extras in the Highline are worth it . I am doing CSD purchase so the diff between the two is 1.1 .

Trendline does not have the MFD ( if that's what they call it) on the dashboard and has the 14 inch tyres , which apart from Apollo and JK... no one ( Michelin or Bridgestone ) makes...

So am wondering , i cannot fit the ABS , air bags , or the MFD functionality nor get better tyres... ( rear windshield wash , de fogger i dont use much ) on the trendline ... but is paying 1.1 extra worth it ... ? ...will be mostly city driving ...highway only on family vacation ..
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:55   #2842
BHPian

let us know how it feels after a few weeks.... plus since am new to this... doesnt it affect the engine in the long run ? ... and apart from the turbo lag... in what way does the car seem better ( ask cos am not green light racer )

Also costs ....

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
Hi Shashank,

I recently got the Dieseltronics box by Racedynamics for my Polo. To say the least, it feels like a completely different car now. The initial hesitation to move (turbo lag) by engine 'feels' non-existent now (almost) and it has become a drive that is much more rev-happy in the low end. I am waiting to spend a few weeks driving around in all the different modes before I pen down my experience with it.
Old 23rd July 2013, 19:39   #2843
BHPian

I will be taking the delivery of my Silver Polo Highline Petrol tomorrow morning from SM Autokrafts , Guwahati. Final on road price will come to Rs 646554/- plus accessories. I have been given a 10k cash discount, 3k corporate discount and around 6k insurance discount. The vehicle had arrived on 14th itself. But I have never seen it yet. Tomorrow morning I will be doing the PDI and if all is clear I will move ahead with the purchase. However one thing I have noticed is that the SA's tone has changed (in a negative sense)after I booked the vehicle. Maybe that's the way in Volkswagen India , I don't know.
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:35   #2844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
I will be taking the delivery of my Silver Polo Highline Petrol tomorrow morning from SM Autokrafts , Guwahati. Final on road price will come to Rs 646554/- plus accessories. I have been given a 10k cash discount, 3k corporate discount and around 6k insurance discount. The vehicle had arrived on 14th itself. But I have never seen it yet. Tomorrow morning I will be doing the PDI and if all is clear I will move ahead with the purchase. However one thing I have noticed is that the SA's tone has changed (in a negative sense)after I booked the vehicle. Maybe that's the way in Volkswagen India , I don't know.
I don't like the people here at sm autokrafts. Reason, they always get me a non registered car when I ask them for a test drive except for pol tdi, for which they have a real demo vehicle. You ask them about anything the best answer they have is. 'nahi ho salta sir'
Old 24th July 2013, 19:41   #2845
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my Polo Highline Petrol. The people were courteous and gave me discounts in accessories, insurance, corporate discount and cash back. Total savings are around 22k. However my choice of seat cover was not readily available. So currently the vehicle is without seat cover . It will take another 15-20 days for new seat covers to arrive.
Old 27th July 2013, 15:26   #2846

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What you'll like:
• Neutral handling & mature road behaviour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Handling is fairly neutral, even under harsh cornering, and body roll well-controlled. Grip levels are strong; push hard and she will slowly understeer in an entirely predictable manner (no nasty surprises)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
  • Handling that does exactly what you tell it to, even when pushing hard

1. While shooting the Polo GT video review, the entire PowerDrift crew got into a major debate regarding the handling. Some (including myself) argued that the handling was soft and the steering was way too light, while the others seemed to love it! With no clear answers, we were left with one choice - to push the car as much as we (legally) could! Well, the handling part was still a subjective point to argue. But with a car that's got a "GT" badge, is the handling good enough?

2. Check out the GT's videos and feedback would be great!

and

Old 29th July 2013, 12:22   #2847
Senior - BHPian

And now IAB scoops the Polo Bi-fuel.
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-1090971_10152091242327067_784920270_o.jpg
Old 4th August 2013, 15:55   #2848
BHPian

Saw this accessories list or rather offers at VW WHITEFIELD. Should be a good deal for those looking for some accessories in the base and mid variants of the Polo/Vento
Attached Images

Old 5th August 2013, 12:50   #2849
Mik
BHPian

Has anyone got a call from the service center regarding some changes to the ECU ?

My colleague (Polo Diesel) got a call from the gurgaon dealer that the ECU needed updating.
Then, at the service center they said that the following things will be changed free of cost
1. Front seats!
2. ECU Update
3. Some spacer
4. Some steering column wire.

So far he hasn't got a bill for it (they will mail it to him)
It all seems strange to me.
Old 5th August 2013, 20:40   #2850
Distinguished - BHPian

Unsure about the steering column wire but there are campaigns running for the others.

Normal stuff but crucial to do: the front seat frames are rusting while the spacer is to raise the front ride height for the comparatively heavier diesel Polo.

Haven't given mine yet but waiting for th first service in October.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks