Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2014, 23:28   #3061
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Guys, what are the implications when we disconnect the terminals of the battery and reconnect it later? I read on the forums that the one touch up-down functionality of the windows might temporarily go off and the warning lights on the cluster light up for a brief while. Do we need to go to the service center to rectify this?

Some of you may have had the battery replaced so might know of this. Please let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
I read (somewhere, I really don't remember where... ) that all modifications made to the default settings via VCDS get lost when you disconnect and reconnect the battery. I have not verified this information, so others may please correct me if I am wrong.
Gannu & LizardKing:

You will lose the trip meter readings as well as the clock would be reset to zero, however you will not lose the one touch up-down functionality of the windows. And you also will lose the settings made to your audio system. You will have to adjust the settings again.
f1dotcom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 23:46   #3062
BHPian

Today on our trip to Coimbatore, my brother's Polo refused to start suddenly. He stopped the car for refuelling and when he cranked back to start he heard only click sound. I was on my car and I was ahead of him. On hearing this via phone I drove back to the fuel station and we push start the car and drove further to coimbatore. Ac doesnt worked for a while but started back on its own after sometime.

On reaching Coimbatore we drove to Ramani volkswagen, expecting similar ill fated service experience ala Chennai. But to my surprise they were very cooperative, we reached there past 6.00 pm but they show no hesitation to attend the vehicle. If its in chennai they ll just ask to drop and leave.

They said the battery was drained, we informed that the batttery was replaced just a year back. After that they check the battery and other info (alternator) using VAG diagnostic tool, this mentioned that the battery is too low. They said that they will do a test charge and if they found issue with battery they will replace it under warranty. Service manager said that in all probability battery might be defective and we will get warranty replacement.

The service advisor added an info that now VW battery comes with a warranty of just one year, but thankfully in our case it was 2 year.

Another info Ramani VW is running some discount offer for accessories. Oem alloy wheel now cost 3100/- per piece excl. wheel cap and labour charge. I think its a nice deal.

Im very satisfied with the way they deal with us as a customer. Ramani VW coimbatore. Kudos to them.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 09:51   #3063
BHPian

Vibrations at low RPMs

Quote:
Coming back to my car (I really must give her a name shouldn't I?), the only complaint I have is the behaviour of the engine at low RPMs. The minute the needle comes down to 1000 rpm, I brace myself for those godawful vibrations. They are as unseemly as a beautiful woman going burrrrrrrrrppppppppp.
It just spoils the whole experience for me. I usually face the problem while negotiating speed breakers. As I leave the bump and press the throttle, the engine/transmission (I really can't tell which) vibrates a bit, like it is too lazy to rev up. It only lasts a few seconds till the revs go beyond 1200 rpm, but it is so unpleasant.

I have always assumed that this is due to the 3 pot engine, till I read a recent post about how some 2013 (mine is June 2013) have a problem with the throttle body and the same is getting replaced under warranty. The user reported lower "engine harshness" and a smoother ride after replacement.

Can other Polo Petrol owners share their experience? None of my friends have a Polo, else I would have driven a couple and verified myself...
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:47   #3064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. I have never tried to check. I'll check in the evening and update. My Polo is a 1.2 (P) HL.
Did you try to rev it in neutral from idle?
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:51   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Did you try to rev it in neutral from idle?
I'm so sorry I forgot my car is at the workshop. I will be getting her back in the evening today. I will check ASAP and let you know.
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:23   #3066
Senior - BHPian

A few Queries for Polo 1.2(P) Comfortline Owners.
Just got a Pre worshipped Jan 2014 Polo.

1)The car came with one Flip key,and spare key is normal without remote,is this how it is now?.I see previous cars were delivered with 2 Key Fobs(Highline's though).

2)The First service is at 15K kms or 1year whichever is earlier,isnt it too long an interval?For any oil change.I do not follow it in my Linea which goes through an Oil change every 7500Kms.

3)What Brand of Oil and grade does VW use for Polo 1.2 Petrol?
It says Castrol on filler cap.Is it Castrol edge by any chance?
Old 22nd May 2014, 17:43   #3067
Senior - BHPian

I own a Vento TDi which is more a less similar. Polo owners can elaborate more.

Quote:
1)The car came with one Flip key,and spare key is normal without remote,is this how it is now?.I see previous cars were delivered with 2 Key Fobs(Highline's though).
Two words, cost reduction. VW wanted to reduce cost, so what better way than giving a normal spare key.

Quote:
2)The First service is at 15K kms or 1year whichever is earlier,isnt it too long an interval?For any oil change.I do not follow it in my Linea which goes through an Oil change every 7500Kms.
No its not long. We Indians are accustomed to 6 months/7500 Kms service interval, so a 1 year/15,000 Kms service interval looks a bit weird. VW uses synthetic oil which has a change interval of 15000 Kms or 1 year.

Quote:
3)What Brand of Oil and grade does VW use for Polo 1.2 Petrol? It says Castrol on filler cap.Is it Castrol edge by any chance?
VW uses Castrol Magnatec Professional B4 Rs 970 a liter, which is a synthetic oil so high costs. But long service interval makes up for it.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 20:39   #3068
BHPian

Polo GT accident

Polo GT accident

This can't be very good publicity for the hottest hatch on Indian roads. Of course, given how they were driving, the outcome wouldn't have been different if they'd been driving any other car...
Old 24th May 2014, 20:55   #3069
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a school of thought that if a car won't survive a high speed head-on crash with a road roller then it is inherently unsafe, and nobody should buy it. Thankfully, most people have more sense.
Old 25th May 2014, 21:30   #3070
Senior - BHPian

The newer Polo's do not have the Rev Limiter(Which limited revs at 3K in diesel and 3800 in petrol).

Tried it on 3 different polo's all purchased in Jan 2014.
Now both diesel and petrol hit the red line in neutral.
Old 26th May 2014, 11:22   #3071
BHPian

AC Fan Speed above 22 degrees Celsius

Quote:
1. The AC fan speed on my Polo 1.2 (P) Highline keeps going all over the place when it is in manual mode. If I keep it at 2 bars, it reduces to 1 bar after some time. If it is at 3 bars and I accelerate, it goes to 4, sometimes 5, bars! It is extremely irritating and distracting to adjust the fan speed while driving.
When I reported the above problem to the VW Andheri workshop, I was told by the technician that at all temperatures above 22 degrees Celsius, the Climatronics system takes over the fan speed control even if the AC is in manual mode. I am not convinced at all by this explanation. If the fan speed were getting faster all the time, I would have accepted it. But in my case, it REDUCES to 1 bar 9 times out of 10.

Have any Polo owners faced a similar problem? Please share your experience. I intend to take this up again during my annual service which is due next week...

PS: I keep the temperature setting at 24 degrees Celsius.
Old 26th May 2014, 20:12   #3072
BHPian

Re: Polo GT accident

Quote:
Polo GT accident

This can't be very good publicity for the hottest hatch on Indian roads. Of course, given how they were driving, the outcome wouldn't have been different if they'd been driving any other car...
A very unfortunate incident. Hope the survivors recover soon and condolences to the families who have lost loved ones in the accident.

If you notice the picture of the Polo, the engine bay has absorbed most of the impact and not pushed the engine into the passenger cabin. Also, I suspect that the travellers probably were not wearing seat belts which would have improved their chances of survival.
Old 27th May 2014, 14:13   #3073
BANNED

I don't see the airbags being deployed which pretty much shows that no one was buckled up. I think that the deceased were sitting at the rear and the people with the head injuries in the front.
But, let's wait for some more information on the car and the driver. There appear to be contradictions on the news article.
Old 27th May 2014, 20:41   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
I don't see the airbags being deployed which pretty much shows that no one was buckled up.
Didn't get your point. Is airbag deployment dependant on seatbelt being buckled up? If so, that seems pretty unsafe...
Old 27th May 2014, 21:01   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
I don't see the airbags being deployed which pretty much shows that no one was buckled up. I think that the deceased were sitting at the rear and the people with the head injuries in the front.
AFAIK, Airbag deployment is independent of usage of airbags, atleast in the VW Polo & Vento.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks